Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

The only thing I found is this thread about 21st century breakdown.

Thank you!  Currently reading about how their 2009 album could be called MIND BOMB !!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I'd particularly like to read the American Idiot one, but if you were to find all that are on here, I'd owe you one.  

If I remember correctly GDC didn't exist until 2005 so there might not be one. 

Revisiting Money Money 2020 because it's without a doubt the closest thing to a Dirnt-led Green Day that will ever exist.  :( :(

21st century breakdown is to long and has no momentum. It's very stop go stop go. To this day it's the only green day album I can't finish from start to finish. Take out like 5 songs and I believe it would be a more consistent and overall better album. My picks for removal would be:

See the Light: Good song sure but i think this album would end on a better note if it just ended with American Eulogy. The way it rings out with the static would make an anxious album closer.

Christians Inferno: This song is probably the least inspired on the entire album. The riff is cool though.

Murder City: Another good song, personally I feel like this song and Christians inferno, while fast and catchy, dont fit the albums overall style. They just come off as filler. Like they finished the album and we're like "eh we need some more fast songs... aaaand that should do it."

21 Guns: Ruins the flow imo. Going from Static Age straight to AE would feel better. Plus, while i have always liked the song ive heard it to many times on the radio and its just a little to eh "poppy" for my taste.

Know Your Enemy: Mostly same reason as 21 Guns, good song sure but ive heard it a million times and its just sorta to repetitive.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok please tell me if I’m seeing something that isn’t really there , but ......

Is it me or could the lyrics of “Favourite Song “ pretty accurately describe Donald Trump.:.?????

Like such to the extent that if the song was released today then everyone would assume it was written directly about him??

Now I know it was recorded in 2004 so I’m aware that the chances of it actually being written about him are essentially zero but it seems to me a neat little happy coincidence ??

Anybody else see it from reading the lyrics ?*

Green Day - Favourite Son. 

He hit the ground running,
At the speed of light.
The star was brightly shining,
Like a neon light.

It's your favorite son.
It's your favorite son.

A fixture on the talk shows,
To the silver screen.
From here to Colorado,
He's a sex machine.

It's your favorite son.
It's your favorite son.

But isn't it a drag?
Isn't it a drag?
Isn't it a drag?
It's pretty bloody sad,
But isn't it a drag?

A clean-cut All-American,
Really ain't so clean.
His royal auditorium,
Is a murder scene.

It's your favorite son.
It's your favorite son.
Oh, isn't it a drag?
Isn't it a drag?
Isn't it a drag?
It's pretty bloody sad,
But isn't it a drag?

Well no one says it's fair.
To give teenage lust,
To a millionaire.

Now where's your fuckin' champion?
On a bed you laid.
He's not the All-American,
That you thought you paid.

It's your favorite son.
It's your favorite son.
But isn't it a drag?

*I am one smoke to the good too btw, I should point this out.

Edited by cav9mm

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I went to a magic show tonight and the performer was a mind reader. He had the audience write down bits of trivia about themselves that he would then guess. I wrote “I met Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day” just to see if I would get picked and I could get him to say it.

He did 😱

So rad!

Could it be Billie in disguise? 

• Haha 1

Anybody get the feeling that “Kill Your Friends” was originally written during the RevRad sessions? The lyrics, guitar and bass tracks just scream RevRad to me. 

Edited by W_FInkThePlatypusHunter
Auto correct error.

5 hours ago, W_FInkThePlatypusHunter said:

Anybody get the feeling that “Kill Your Friends” was originally written during the RevRad sessions? The lyrics, guitar and bass tracks just scream RevRad to me. 

They said there were no outtakes on those sessions but Billie did write a bunch of stuff on the RevRad tour I do believe it was intended for Green Day because it sounds so much like a GD song to me, more than the other Longshot songs do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I shamelessly enjoy this

Omg :lol:. I actually love it. I want a whole album of Green Day songs in this form

Edit: Oh wait I just remembered this!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Omg :lol:. I actually love it. I want a whole album of Green Day songs in this form

Me too! I wish more got remixed.

43 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Edit: Oh wait I just remembered this!

Oh wow, this is a sort of chain reaction, it made me remember that this thing exists 😂

35 minutes ago, J a c said:

Oh wow, this is a sort of chain reaction, it made me remember that this thing exists 😂

Oh I used to love that Dean Gray album! Letterbomb with Only U by Ashanti is my favourite

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Oh I used to love that Dean Gray album! Letterbomb with Only U by Ashanti is my favourite

That and Dr Who on Holiday are absolute masterpieces! 

• Like 1

Just now, J a c said:

That and Dr Who on Holiday are absolute masterpieces! 

It sounds really awesome but the Gary Glitter part does spoil it a bit for me. At least it was a bootleg so presumably he wasn't paid for the sample. Ignoring that I agree

6 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It sounds really awesome but the Gary Glitter part does spoil it a bit for me. At least it was a bootleg so presumably he wasn't paid for the sample. Ignoring that I agree

I love everything about it, but I am a bit biased cause I love Doctor Who too 😄 

Considering that it was “only” a free release on the web, I always found the whole thing amazing and a real indicator of the huge impact AI had on pop culture!

• Like 2

I just listened to Back In The USA for the first time in quite a while and it's better than I remember, I found it pretty bland when it came out but honestly I think that's the way it's been made to sound more than the song itself. Take out those echoing backing vocals, take the vocal filter off entirely, make the instruments punchier and it'd be solid. Production like Reject would suit it well.

• Like 1

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

I just listened to Back In The USA for the first time in quite a while and it's better than I remember, I found it pretty bland when it came out but honestly I think that's the way it's been made to sound more than the song itself. Take out those echoing backing vocals, take the vocal filter off entirely, make the instruments punchier and it'd be solid. Production like Reject would suit it well.

It's a freaking good song. But it's too short.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's a freaking good song. But it's too short.

I have no problem with the length, seems fine to me as a straight punk song, but I really feel like the production's smoothed the edge off what should be a hard-hitting angry song. I'd quite like to hear a Dookiefied version.

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic