Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Just reminded me that there's no cellos shown in the lyric video :dry:. But what they have instead when says the cello line is always something balanced precariously, bringing to mind feeling uneasy/on edge etc. So it could totally be a combination of that and a chills type thing from listening to a cello like you describe, has to be something to do with a feeling you can't quite put your finger on.

Could be. Something that needs balance but capable of beautiful noise - who does that remind you of :sherlock: 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If that was his inspiration for the line it may be a more personal memory and a reference that no one else would get. It would explain it.

I don’t wanna project my own feelings into Billie but I do like the idea of it connecting to that feeling he gets when he hears Whatsername. 

• Like 1

“I chopped me a line of my best friend’s ashes” has got to be the darkest line Billie has ever written and that’s saying something. 

• Like 1

“I chopped me a line of my best friend’s ashes” has got to be the darkest line Billie has ever written and that’s saying something. 

I wouldn't have thought of it, maybe because I haven't listened to it in a long while...yeah, it's a dark line. Not necessarily on the surface, but I think he's mentioned in an interview he's recently lost a friend to addiction. In that context it really is sad.

Oh my God :lol: yeah it's dark humor. I don't know if it's the darkest line in the way that it's the most terrible or depressive (thee are many other lines who tighten my heart more, but to each their own) but it's a very raw line. In the trilogy there are a lot of dark lyrics with an overall joyful tone. Some lines in Brutal Love really feel heartbreaking: "turn up the silence, the heartache of your life". The way he goes higher to sing it even though it's "silence". And "drop dead-hideous". With all these lines you just have to get a mental picture in your head and it's a terrible one. Also, about that song, the way he says "it's in the clutches, in the hands of this brutal love", we don't know what's "it", but it reminds me of how in Taxi Driver he asks to "give me a sign, give me a home", as if for one moment, everything lies on the hands of another person

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Sad because it describes a person that’s so far gone that even the death of a friend isn’t a wake up call and to continue to use after that is the equivalent of snorting a line of their ashes. Unbelievable 🥺

Yeah...it's a very reflexive line. I always thought it's really sad how the song ends with "we got carried away". The entire song is about saying fuck it to the consequences even if they're death (the friend line or "write me a letter and send it to my grave") and it seems like it's an ode to the wild life but it ends with this line that's acknowledging it was never meant to be like that.

Maybe this is the thing I read? Not sure but I looked it up so I may as well throw it here.

nylon_101712_6.jpg

• Like 3

I also love the double meaning in “we’re carried away” as in we are overdoing it and now we are literally being carried away.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I also love the double meaning in “we’re carried away” as in we are overdoing it and now we are literally being carried away.  

Didn't think of the literal carrying. That's awesome. Not really, but the wordplay is.

• Like 1

I just caught Adriennes live stream and got to see them play Kill Your Friends and Devil's Kind. Made me feel a lot better on my miserable commute to work for sure! 

I keep thinking about how in See You Tonight, the narrator says "the colder it gets you won't see me anymore, but there's still a chance I might walk to your door," then by Love is for Losers, he's desperately searching that winter, where he once said she wouldn't see him anymore, for the "bride of Frankenstein"... who, like the monster's bride is never completed, he'll never find. "But we all got our delusions." It might be a coincidence but it's still kind of heartbreaking.

• Like 4

I'm sure everyone here will get all the Green Day lyrics right (I did yay). I actually surprised myself by knowing some Blink 182 lines as well. Thing is, in my opinion, the Green Day lyrics blew all the other lyric sections out of the water... 

I'm currently drunk and I'm watching Irving Plaza 2012 live perfomances once again and god what a show. That crowd seriously was 100 % for Green Day and the fact during Brain Stew people laughed back when Billie Joe sang ''the clock is laughing in my face''.. gosh I wish was there. Not only amazing crowd but songs they played were fucking nuts. Bring back At the Library!

• Like 2

I wish Elvis' vocals were higher up here but holy shit the keyboard adds a whole new dynamic to Basket Case.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That was such a great performance and again, for me, Billie outshined everyone else on the stage.  Had the whole show on my last sky box but lost it when it died  and now there are only buts of it on Youtube 😭😭😭😭

1 hour ago, jengd said:

That was such a great performance and again, for me, Billie outshined everyone else on the stage.  Had the whole show on my last sky box but lost it when it died  and now there are only buts of it on Youtube 😭😭😭😭

The complete performance with interviews is here in GDC in the downloads section.  🙂

• Love 1

The complete performance with interviews is here in GDC in the downloads section.  🙂

Yep, but isn’t it just audio?  Maybe I need to look again.

26 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yep, but isn’t it just audio?  Maybe I need to look again.

Nope it’s video. I downloaded it to my computer. Great quality 👍

• Thanks 2

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Nope it’s video. I downloaded it to my computer. Great quality 👍

Ok, maybe I am being dense, I have been through all the videos and there was one but it's not longer available, am I looking in the wrong place or has it gone?  On YouTube now there only seems to be Alison, WMUPWSE and oddly a trailer which was just uploaded last November.  

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

Ok, maybe I am being dense, I have been through all the videos and there was one but it's not longer available, am I looking in the wrong place or has it gone?  On YouTube now there only seems to be Alison, WMUPWSE and oddly a trailer which was just uploaded last November.  

It should be this one:

https://mega.nz/#!S5MmFDbI!fGcHxZGjrd-D2t5aVDcXc_lquTBzKd45pcddI0BOzcw

It’s the first mkv file under Source 1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Thanks @pacejunkie punk, was looking in completely the wrong place, didn't think of it as a side project at all!

I know I had to poke around to find it again too I couldn’t remember where it was 😄

e8ar7jjr07531.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

May be a Q&A thing but i saw this on reddit and is the Revolution Radio album art a stock image or did these guys literally just steal the image for their own album? Put it here because its also to show that this exists/happened and stuff idk :o

3 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

May be a Q&A thing but i saw this on reddit and is the Revolution Radio album art a stock image or did these guys literally just steal the image for their own album? Put it here because its also to show that this exists/happened and stuff idk :o

Not a stock image. That was an actual boombox they set on fire and photographed for RevRad.  Someone stole it. 

• Liam unpinned this topic