herewegoagain
Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

So random 😂

Just trying to stay on topic here 😏

• Haha 4

DadBod
8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I really suck at everything.

Don't be so hard on yourself, man. The heart was awesome.

• Haha 2

Hermione
10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I really suck at everything.

No I loved the heart! I just posted a different one by accident (so in this case I'm the one who sucks :P)

• Thanks 1

RedundantIdiot

I've recently been watching random Rev Rad era videos from gigs and I've noticed that Billie messed up the lyrics to Still Breathing a few times. Here's some of the funny examples I found that made me laugh:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

DadBod
4 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I've recently been watching random Rev Rad era videos from gigs and I've noticed that Billie messed up the lyrics to Still Breathing a few times. Here's some of the funny examples I found that made me laugh:

I love when he messes up lyrics because he doesn't even TRY to hide it. :lol::lol:

• Like 2

pacejunkie punk

😂 I think I prefer these versions since it’s not my favorite live song. Much more entertaining 

• Sad 1

Vintage Disciple

Aw, I love how the audience carries him in the first one.

• Like 2

Beerjeezus
30 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I love when he messes up lyrics because he doesn't even TRY to hide it. :lol::lol:

He's an absolute king of messing up! He does it with so much confidence that it looks like a part of the show. :lol: It's as good as watching him nail it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jirachi

I remember when the album cover for RR was leaked, a looot of people disliked it, kinda myself included? Im more okay with it in retrospect, its not thaaaat bad. At least its not Warning's :P

pacejunkie punk
3 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

I remember when the album cover for RR was leaked, a looot of people disliked it, kinda myself included? Im more okay with it in retrospect, its not thaaaat bad. At least its not Warning's :P

Warning they just should have reversed and put the circle danger symbol on the front. I’m not a fan of the RR cover either and the masks freak me out too. 

• Like 1

DeJennsitized

I grew to quite like the RevRad cover, but I love it when they use symbolism and creativity for album covers, so the Warning one is by far my least favourite. And I think with the RR cover they were going for that symbolism, but it came across as a bit lazy because a radio on fire is quite a common image. I mean, this one is literally a stock image: 

39671wide.jpg

I guess it is quite reflective of the album, with all the 'clever' buzzwords in the lyrics that seem smart and stuff but are a bit overused, lol

• Like 2

Green Day In Seattle
10 hours ago, DadBod said:

This one most recently during the Coverups makes me giggle...

He's so into doing the windmills that he forgets where he's at in the song. 

I've seen videos where he messes up and basically just mumbles something unintelligible until he gets back to a part he remembers. It's hilarious! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jengd
4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

99 Revolutions is a banger. It’s how you write a political protest song that’s about something, makes a statement but is also light and fun to listen to.  My favorite kind of Green Day 💚

Totally agree, I think the lyrics are first class and quite understand Billie’s dilemma re coming from the 99% but now living in the 1%.

• Like 4

maryjanewhatsername

I was thinking today, and a thought occurred to me (never a good thing): American Idiot is often labeled as a "career saving album" for Green Day. If Cigarettes and Valentines had not been stolen and was released in place of American Idiot, do you think they'd be as popular as they are now? Do you think they would have released American Idiot or a similar album at a later time? ((also if this has been discussed before I apologize))

The Insider

@maryjanewhatsername there is no C&V.🤭

• Like 1

maryjanewhatsername
1 minute ago, The Insider said:

@maryjanewhatsername there is no C&V.🤭

Wasn't there an album stolen? I read that somewhere online. I might be mistaken.

DadBod

it was “stolen”...

DeJennsitized
3 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Wasn't there an album stolen? I read that somewhere online. I might be mistaken.

The band said they’d had the master tapes stolen but there have been theories that it wasn’t, that they just decided it wasn’t good enough and started over, or someone just claimed it was stolen because they knew the band could do better, or they just lost them but decided to say they were stolen... it never surfaced online so you gotta wonder what it was stolen for, if it was stolen. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 4

Beerjeezus

I think they pretty much admitted what happened was that they had a fight and then just started over and created AI.

• Like 1