Fuzz

Random Green Day Thoughts

The Blayr
18 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I miss Green Day - I'm ready for a new album to spice up the forum and to take away the springtime blues. =/

Me too. I've actually been thinking lately, the songs 2000 Light Years Away, Scattered, and Missing You can definitely describe how GD fans feel when Green Day is not on tour.

But at the same time, I don't want the new album to come out too fast. The sooner the album, the sooner the tour. And I'm not ready for the tour just yet, I need to save up money. I'm hoping to be able to take time off work to travel the USA and go to all the GD shows there, and the later the tour, the more money I'll have to do that. 

• Like 4

The Blayr
20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There’s also something to be said for this anticipation time that I like, full of endless possibilities and nothing but good vibes. Once the music is heard then the nitpicking and complaints begin and it kills the joy. 

Especially if the album isn't well received. I'm reading a lot online now about how Warning was a really important/influential/great/etc album even though back in the early 2000s it was not well received. 

• Like 1

The Blayr

I was listening to Welcome to Paradise I really love the basslines in Dookie 

• Like 2

pacejunkie punk

I watched GD on my Apple TV last night it was fun. Saw the 1992 Easter show from Raji’s, then Goat Island Oz then the RnRHoF induction speeches. It was cool to see the evolution.  If you had told those boys in 1992 where they’d go they never would have believed it.

• Like 4

Little Boy Named Airplane
25 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

The fact that we got so little quality footage of the RevRad era still pisses me off. 

You're right we didn't have a lot of footage during the recording and all.
But overall I still think it was an amazing record.

During the trilogy era they post a looooooooooot of footage and teaser. Personally I liked these albums, but it wasn't so well received by the public.

• Like 1

The Blayr

One thing I love about Green Day is that they are not afraid to experiment. They are always trying new things, even when something works really well for them (for example Dookie) instead of just saying "Hey this worked, let's do more of this" they still go for something new. I expect them to find some new and exciting thing to try!

• Like 4

The Blayr
7 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Tour dates announced & worrying about getting tickets in general sale

Do tickets usually sell out? Or at least, floor tickets? Cause I don't want anything else

Hermione
3 hours ago, The Blayr said:

Do tickets usually sell out? Or at least, floor tickets? Cause I don't want anything else

It depends, they can. Best bet is to be ready to buy the moment they go on sale. Or if you want a shot before the general sale sometimes Idiot Nation does a presale with a certain number of the tickets (way I do it is wait until they announce which shows they're doing presales for - which gets mentioned on greenday. com and here beforehand - and if my show is one sign up for it for like $20 or however much it is for the year just for that). Not sure how much it varies from country to country but I've seen them 5 times on the floor and so far I've always managed to get tickets that way.

• Thanks 1

The Blayr
12 hours ago, Hermione said:

It depends, they can. Best bet is to be ready to buy the moment they go on sale. Or if you want a shot before the general sale sometimes Idiot Nation does a presale with a certain number of the tickets (way I do it is wait until they announce which shows they're doing presales for - which gets mentioned on greenday. com and here beforehand - and if my show is one sign up for it for like $20 or however much it is for the year just for that). Not sure how much it varies from country to country but I've seen them 5 times on the floor and so far I've always managed to get tickets that way.

Thanks for that tip. I'll probably do that. I really want to go see all the USA shows but I'll see if I can get time off work for that. Most likely there'll be some tickets on sale for some of the shows I want to go to.

RedundantIdiot
On 18 April 2019 at 6:44 PM, RedundantIdiot said:

It has just occurred to me that I should've mentioned live streams in my post. I'm really missing GDs dorky live streams right now :ermm:

• Like 2

Savannah89

I just found this interview:

and realized how uncomfortable the interviewer is when he comes so much close to her 😉

Are there other interviews like this? Cause I don't think he's usually the type that is drunk and comes really close to people then. 

I've seen a bunch of people who drank alcohol  and there were different consequences. Some started to cry, others came really close and others got really pissed or angry and rude. Seems like Billie is not the first or the last type. 

Savannah89

I've never found a video where he is drunk or angry for no reason.

There are people who drink that use to freak out of nothing when they are drunk.

Someone really close screamed at me once for a nullity when he was drunk. Those are the kind of guys that can get really dangerous fast because of nothing and I don't see Billie belonging to this kind of human.

Savannah89

I think it's a completely different situation.

With this 1 minute thing he had issues to react this way. It pissed him off and I can understand him.

I talk about men being rude without a reason.

I give you an example: I know somebody who has a drinking problem and I'm telling him something normal like where I work or how my week was and he had a beer and completely freaks out about other people working at my job and yelling at me for no reason.  "Those bitches at the office blahblahblah."

This is what I mean.

Honestly, I'm not seeing Billie like this overreacting person, freaking out for nothing.

If he freaked out in the past, he always had a serious reason and this 1 minute thing probably would have pissed him off if he was sober.

Beerjeezus

He agreed to play the show then got pissed that he had to stick to a schedule he agreed to. That's not a situation where it's justified to act the way he did. He was totally freaking out for nothing.

• Like 2

Beerjeezus
Just now, Jirachi said:

I guess its because Revolution Radio was the first new GD album for me, since i became a fan in 2013/2014, but Revolution Radio's era seemed to have come and gone in like 2 seconds. It feels weird its almost 3 years old, we're almost at the next album, etc.

Maybe we are :happy: