Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I was listening to Welcome to Paradise I really love the basslines in Dookie 

• Like 2

I watched GD on my Apple TV last night it was fun. Saw the 1992 Easter show from Raji’s, then Goat Island Oz then the RnRHoF induction speeches. It was cool to see the evolution.  If you had told those boys in 1992 where they’d go they never would have believed it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, The Blayr said:

But at the same time, I don't want the new album to come out too fast. The sooner the album, the sooner the tour. And I'm not ready for the tour just yet, I need to save up money. I'm hoping to be able to take time off work to travel the USA and go to all the GD shows there, and the later the tour, the more money I'll have to do that. 

Same, I'm hoping for updates from the studio really soon (preferably yesterday) and then them taking a looong time to finish the album so I can save some money! Also for them to post more interesting stuff on social media, both during the recording process and the following tour. The fact that we got so little quality footage of the RevRad era still pisses me off. 

25 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

The fact that we got so little quality footage of the RevRad era still pisses me off. 

You're right we didn't have a lot of footage during the recording and all.
But overall I still think it was an amazing record.

During the trilogy era they post a looooooooooot of footage and teaser. Personally I liked these albums, but it wasn't so well received by the public.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

You're right we didn't have a lot of footage during the recording and all.
 But overall I still think it was an amazing record.

During the trilogy era they post a looooooooooot of footage and teaser. Personally I liked these albums, but it wasn't so well received by the public.

I love Revolution Radio. Kind of weak in the sense that it felt a bit too 'safe' to me, but I get that they took that route after the trilogy and it's still great. I hope they experiment more with their sound on the next album! Rev Rad definitely deserved way more press and footage than it got. 

One thing I love about Green Day is that they are not afraid to experiment. They are always trying new things, even when something works really well for them (for example Dookie) instead of just saying "Hey this worked, let's do more of this" they still go for something new. I expect them to find some new and exciting thing to try!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Someone at a radio station says it sounds like Dookie, but it turns out nothing like Dookie

This is so accurate it hurts. 

7 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Tour dates announced & worrying about getting tickets in general sale

Do tickets usually sell out? Or at least, floor tickets? Cause I don't want anything else

3 hours ago, The Blayr said:

Do tickets usually sell out? Or at least, floor tickets? Cause I don't want anything else

It depends, they can. Best bet is to be ready to buy the moment they go on sale. Or if you want a shot before the general sale sometimes Idiot Nation does a presale with a certain number of the tickets (way I do it is wait until they announce which shows they're doing presales for - which gets mentioned on greenday. com and here beforehand - and if my show is one sign up for it for like $20 or however much it is for the year just for that). Not sure how much it varies from country to country but I've seen them 5 times on the floor and so far I've always managed to get tickets that way.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

It depends, they can. Best bet is to be ready to buy the moment they go on sale. Or if you want a shot before the general sale sometimes Idiot Nation does a presale with a certain number of the tickets (way I do it is wait until they announce which shows they're doing presales for - which gets mentioned on greenday. com and here beforehand - and if my show is one sign up for it for like $20 or however much it is for the year just for that). Not sure how much it varies from country to country but I've seen them 5 times on the floor and so far I've always managed to get tickets that way.

Thanks for that tip. I'll probably do that. I really want to go see all the USA shows but I'll see if I can get time off work for that. Most likely there'll be some tickets on sale for some of the shows I want to go to.

On 18 April 2019 at 6:44 PM, RedundantIdiot said:

It has just occurred to me that I should've mentioned live streams in my post. I'm really missing GDs dorky live streams right now :ermm:

• Like 2

I just found this interview:

and realized how uncomfortable the interviewer is when he comes so much close to her 😉

Are there other interviews like this? Cause I don't think he's usually the type that is drunk and comes really close to people then. 

I've seen a bunch of people who drank alcohol  and there were different consequences. Some started to cry, others came really close and others got really pissed or angry and rude. Seems like Billie is not the first or the last type. 

I've never found a video where he is drunk or angry for no reason.

There are people who drink that use to freak out of nothing when they are drunk.

Someone really close screamed at me once for a nullity when he was drunk. Those are the kind of guys that can get really dangerous fast because of nothing and I don't see Billie belonging to this kind of human.

I think it's a completely different situation.

With this 1 minute thing he had issues to react this way. It pissed him off and I can understand him.

I talk about men being rude without a reason.

I give you an example: I know somebody who has a drinking problem and I'm telling him something normal like where I work or how my week was and he had a beer and completely freaks out about other people working at my job and yelling at me for no reason.  "Those bitches at the office blahblahblah."

This is what I mean.

Honestly, I'm not seeing Billie like this overreacting person, freaking out for nothing.

If he freaked out in the past, he always had a serious reason and this 1 minute thing probably would have pissed him off if he was sober.

He agreed to play the show then got pissed that he had to stick to a schedule he agreed to. That's not a situation where it's justified to act the way he did. He was totally freaking out for nothing.

• Like 2

Just now, Jirachi said:

I guess its because Revolution Radio was the first new GD album for me, since i became a fan in 2013/2014, but Revolution Radio's era seemed to have come and gone in like 2 seconds. It feels weird its almost 3 years old, we're almost at the next album, etc.

Maybe we are :happy: 

8 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

So you think if he was sober he would still act like a spoiled brat pissed that he had to follow a contract he willingly signed to do a strictly 45 mins set? 🤔 that’s even worse than being drunk... 

I mean tbh he probably would :lol:, he's often been bratty on stage. The one minute thing itself wasn't really the issue though, it was that he'd reached a point where he realised his drinking was a problem. He might've reacted in a bitchy/jokingly bitchy way about it either way so I kind of get  @Savannah89's point, but he way overreacted because he was drunk and going through problems, way beyond any usual brattiness, so I agree it's not correct to say it would've happened anyway. Take it from Billie himself who said he was black out drunk and went to rehab because of it.

That interview is from right before that show so what can really be said about it, he was drunk at the peak of an addiction problem and afterwards he got help with it. But I don't think the interviewer was really bothered, she would've been able to see he'd been drinking and was being silly because of it, not necessarily thought there was any problem with that (since musicians drinking before shows isn't that unusual) and seemed to just have fun with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

so I agree it's not correct to say it would've happened anyway

How do you know? We don't know. Having a sign showing one minute is a real provocation and we all know that Billie doesn't like this.

I mean tbh he probably would :lol:, he's often been bratty on stage.

That's an interpretation. Also he likes to play and act on stage. Or do you really think for serious he calls young kids shit  (even his own son) or something else?

He's joking.  

it's not correct to say it would've happened anyway.

Nobody can know that, because he wasn't sober in the situation, that's why  we either can't say he would or he won't. 

But I don't think the interviewer was really bothered,

She was. Look how uncomfortable she looks when he gets in her personal safety area. She had a job to do, that's why she wouldn't say anything. Comments on youtube tell the same.

11 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

So you think if he was sober he would still act like a spoiled brat pissed that he had to follow a contract he willingly signed to do a strictly 45 mins set? 🤔 that’s even worse than being drunk... 

How do you know he wouldn't`? We didn't see him sober in this situation.

@Savannah89 Obviously we can't know what he would've done if he hadn't been drunk, and everything everyone states about it are suppositions ;). I pretty much also think that Billie would have said something even if he had been sober, if the set was effectively cut off (the time they had to play was less than 45 minutes, however nothing proves that they would have forcefully been put off stage after that 1 minute left... so I think Billie saw the sign as a provocation precisely because he was drunk, and before even being drunk, maybe he was defiant towards the event itself, since he felt it was not a place for the band to play in...), but if he wasn't drunk he would certainly not have reacted in the same way as he did. Moreover I also think that the problem is not this incident about the 1 minute, even Mike said in an interview afterwards that he agreed with Billie's point on this matter, the problem was more that Billie was totally drunk from the start (seeing the whole gig makes me really uncomfortable just because he isn't his normal self at all) and the way he said what he had to say because of him being drunk. We can imagine anything if he had been sober, maybe he would have made a joke about the sign as a way of asking what it really implied (the guys standing next to the sign started laughing when he pointed it out, as if he was raging against it for no reason, so until now I'm not even sure what it would really, concretely have implied), maybe he would have ignored the sign and waited till he would have been asked to stop playing, to reply and say that they were supposed to have fifteen minutes more... Who knows. The only things I'm sure of is that 1) his reaction wouldn't have been the same, and that 2) the iHeart crew was shitty to act as if his ranting was just a good show to watch, they did nothing to reassure him about the sign (even when he spoke of it a few minutes earlier, saying they only had 4 or 5 minutes left, the organizers could've sent someone on stage to tell him quickly what was really about it, unless they were really going to cut them off which would have been totally shitty) and they just kept laughing when it was obvious he wasn't well.

About the interview beforehand, I didn't feel that the interviewer was particularly uncomfortable, apart maybe from seeing that Billie was weird, but he barely acted disrespectfully with her. People may all have different impressions about it in the comments, it's normal :P

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic