Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Lots of music festivals are announcing their prog.
Been a long time since GD was at a music festival (last I'm thinking is Global Festival in Central Park).

Once again this year they're still no Green Day. Do they prefer to play in arenas with a full 2 hours set?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Lots of music festivals are announcing their prog.
Been a long time since GD was at a music festival (last I'm thinking is Global Festival in Central Park).

Once again this year they're still no Green Day. Do they prefer to play in arenas with a full 2 hours set?

They don't have a new album out, so therefore, not touring. They're on a break (deservingly so). Billie said, I think in January during an instalive, that he was writing new GD material. Once they have a new album ready to release and tour on, they'll play festivals, arenas and clubs. 

Patience, grasshopper. 

57 minutes ago, DadBod said:

They don't have a new album out, so therefore, not touring. They're on a break (deservingly so). Billie said, I think in January during an instalive, that he was writing new GD material. Once they have a new album ready to release and tour on, they'll play festivals, arenas and clubs. 

Yeah but I think they are one of the few bands that only do festivals when they make an album. Many bands plays in festivals even if they haven't released any albums.

8 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Yeah but I think they are one of the few bands that only do festivals when they make an album. Many bands plays in festivals even if they haven't released any albums.

If they could save Boise Music Festival from Pitbull, that would be great :lol: not even joking - they chose Pitbull to headline :lol: 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/boise-music-festival-2019-tickets-53258218766

11 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

If they could save Boise Music Festival from Pitbull, that would be great :lol: 

I know ! And did you see the Woodstock 50th anniversary headliners?? It's ALL pop and rap (except for 4-5 bands like Greta Van Fleet, The Killers and Santana) Nice way to celebrate to best ROCK festival in the world lol...

https://www.woodstock.com/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

I know ! And did you see the Woodstock 50th anniversary headliners?? It's ALL pop and rap (except for 4-5 bands like Greta Van Fleet, The Killers and Santana) Nice way to celebrate to best ROCK festival in the world lol...

https://www.woodstock.com/

I am not surprised.  Billie Joe said he thought the 1994 event was a mistake so I couldn't see GD taking part in the 50th anniversary event.  Sadly this seems to be what many people want. 

• Like 1

I was just googling something about Green Day but made a typing error and accidentally googled "Green Day 4", and the first result is Jason White's wikipedia page :D. This amuses me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I was just googling something about Green Day but made a typing error and accidentally googled "Green Day 4", and the first result is Jason White's wikipedia page :D. This amuses me.

Thus confirming that Jason is Cuatro 🙂

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Thus confirming that Jason is Cuatro 🙂

Exactly!

I always wondered if Shoplifter ever had anything to do with Winona Ryder. Billie was pictured with her a couple times in the Warning era, and then the song comes out a few years later. Right when I was googling to see when her arrest was, Shoplifter came on my iPod. If that's not confirmation... :lol:

• Haha 3

Speaking of Jason White, do you guys think he's gonna contribute to the next album after not being apart of the recording of RevRad? We know that he was involved with Back In The USA but idk if that indicates anything

The other night, I was in the kitchen getting something while my parents were watching some crime show called White Chapel. There was a really creepy guy who was seducing women and taking them home and drugging them, then doing awful things to them including drinking their blood. JUST because this guy was wearing eyeliner, my dad points at the screen and says "It's Billie Joe Armstrong". Then my mom turns to him and says "Don't say that." in a very offended and disgusted tone. I just really appreciated her defending Billie's honor and shooting down an association with such a horrible character.

My dad was making a joke, but still. Billie is literally the only person he thinks of whenever he sees men in shows or movies with eyeliner. 🙄 I just always think "He's not the ONLY guy to ever wear eyeliner. It's not just his thing and anyone else who wears it shouldn't automatically be associated with him."

Anyway, that's my random thought of the day.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

The other night, I was in the kitchen getting something while my parents were watching some crime show called White Chapel. There was a really creepy guy who was seducing women and taking them home and drugging them, then doing awful things to them including drinking their blood. JUST because this guy was wearing eyeliner, my dad points at the screen and says "It's Billie Joe Armstrong". Then my mom turns to him and says "Don't say that." in a very offended and disgusted tone. I just really appreciated her defending Billie's honor and shooting down an association with such a horrible character.

My dad was making a joke, but still. Billie is literally the only person he thinks of whenever he sees men in shows or movies with eyeliner. 🙄 I just always think "He's not the ONLY guy to ever wear eyeliner. It's not just his thing and anyone else who wears it shouldn't automatically be associated with him."

Anyway, that's my random thought of the day.

I guess Billie's eyeliner is just that iconic!

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Speaking of Jason White, do you guys think he's gonna contribute to the next album after not being apart of the recording of RevRad? We know that he was involved with Back In The USA but idk if that indicates anything

Entirely possible I'd say, when they were making the last album he was battling cancer and involved in his own project so I think it mostly just comes down to schedules. If he's free I think they'd involve him with some guitar playing or whatever. 

I'm starting to think we aren't going to get a new album this year. I was really hoping for one this fall, but I think next spring is more likely

41 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

I'm starting to think we aren't going to get a new album this year. I was really hoping for one this fall, but I think next spring is more likely

What makes you say that? Signs point to them being in the studio which would time perfectly for a fall release. I also think the Bob Gruen book might be timed for a fall release to coincide with a new album. 

• Like 4

I still think they could do an album this year. It's only March, they've got plenty of time! :P 

• Like 4

Was at the register at TKMax today & the assistant said to me - its good to finally see an adult wearing a rock shirt.  I wasnt really sure what she meant by that but anyways my reply was - its the only shirts I own😕

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, Maddie86 said:

Why? IIRC we didn't get a formal announcement of RevRad until quite a bit later than this when we got the Bang Bang art in..what...july/august or something? We're only 3 months into the year :P

5 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Why? IIRC we didn't get a formal announcement of RevRad until quite a bit later than this when we got the Bang Bang art in..what...july/august or something? We're only 3 months into the year :P

True they don’t have to formally announce anything for a while but at least with RevRad they were teasing with studio pics and #RevRad tags from January to April. We haven’t gotten anything yet which is frustrating but that doesn’t really matter as long as they’re on track which I think they are. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Yeah, I also think they are on track.  I'm hoping Billie needed to focus on something important and didn't want to be distracted by Instagram.  Lots of people were asking them in comments when the next one is coming out.  I remain hopeful.  😊

• Like 1

Dunno where'd this go but there's been a trend in 2017/2018 of rock bands going a lot more pop-oriented and leaving their harder rock stuff behind like All Time Low and Linkin Park and so on, and i hope Green Day doesn't do that. Its fine to me if i feel they did it for artistic reasons and not just to get top 40 hits, which is why I dont mind Paramore and Sleeping with Sirens doing it and waterparks adding some more poppiness to their latest and such, but it worries me that a lot of bands i like/liked are doing it >.<

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Dunno where'd this go but there's been a trend in 2017/2018 of rock bands going a lot more pop-oriented and leaving their harder rock stuff behind like All Time Low and Linkin Park and so on, and i hope Green Day doesn't do that. Its fine to me if i feel they did it for artistic reasons and not just to get top 40 hits, which is why I dont mind Paramore and Sleeping with Sirens doing it and waterparks adding some more poppiness to their latest and such, but it worries me that a lot of bands i like/liked are doing it >.<

Green Day have been pretty consistent with their sound since they've started. Obviously they sound different now than in 1990 but they've never made any drastic changes in sound over one album and I don't see that changing. Linkin Park were constantly changing their sound drastically with each album and All Time Low have always been more on the pop side of pop punk imo, at least from what I've heard of them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Green Day have been pretty consistent with their sound since they've started. Obviously they sound different now than in 1990 but they've never made any drastic changes in sound over one album and I don't see that changing. Linkin Park were constantly changing their sound drastically with each album and All Time Low have always been more on the pop side of pop punk imo, at least from what I've heard of them

Yeah, i suppose. I just get worried that its a trend recently and they'd jump on it to be more radio friendly top 40 >.<

34 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Yeah, i suppose. I just get worried that its a trend recently and they'd jump on it to be more radio friendly top 40 >.<

Still breathing is pretty poppy... just saying. 

• Liam unpinned this topic