Jump to content
Fuzz

Random Green Day Thoughts

Recommended Posts

maryjanewhatsername
On 2/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, Nightlife said:

I can't believe it's almost been 15 years since the release of AI. I also can't believe I've been a fan for that long, time passes by so fast. 

I was in Kindergarten when that album was released!! Time flies 😭

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I was in Kindergarten when that album was released!! Time flies 😭

My kids were in kindergarten🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
Just now, The Insider said:

My kids were in kindergarten🤣

DUDE ARE YOUR KIDS 20 TOO????

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacejunkie punk
30 minutes ago, The Insider said:

My kids were in kindergarten🤣

Come to think of it, so were mine 🙂😱

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Green Day In Seattle

I was 13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jengd

So glad not to be alone, my son was in primary school, not long to go until secondary!  Now that's scary!  Told you I was old enough to know better 😂 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adorkable
10 hours ago, The Insider said:

My kids were in kindergarten🤣

My kids were in pre-school, you are one old bitch 

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername

HOLY FUCK I'M YOUNG :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hermione
31 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

HOLY FUCK I'M YOUNG :lol:

Your post about being in kindergarten disturbed me so much so I'm glad to see the posts about having kids in kindergarten to balance it out :lol:. I was 19. Weirdest one for me is Stop Drop and Roll, when it came out my nephew was a newborn and now he's 11, can't believe it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
Just now, Hermione said:

Your post about being in kindergarten disturbed me so much so I'm glad to see the posts about having kids in kindergarten to balance it out :lol:. I was 19. Weirdest one for me is Stop Drop and Roll, when it came out my nephew was a newborn and now he's 11, can't believe it.

I had no clue half of these people were so much older than me and now I'm like oh god I'm an annoying little child :lol: do you think you could adopt me Hermione :lol:

At least I'm not too much younger than @Billie Hoe and @Beerjeezus :lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DadBod

I think I was 16 when AI dropped. I just remember that I saw them on that tour the day after my high school graduation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pouty bitch

When AI was released I was 3 years old and completely unaware of GD's existence.😵

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
10 hours ago, Adorkable said:

My kids were in pre-school, you are one old bitch 

Isn't that the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adorkable
Just now, The Insider said:

Isn't that the same thing?

No, not in the good ole USA. The kids go to Kindergarten at age 5 and it is mandatory. It is sort of Pre-1st Grade. Pre-school is 5 and under and is not mandatory.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Insider
4 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

No, not in the good ole USA. The kids go to Kindergarten at age 5 and it is mandatory. It is sort of Pre-1st Grade. Pre-school is 5 and under and is not mandatory.   

I'd say that is the exact opposite to here.  Kindy is first then pre-school.  Kindy is not mandatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
6 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

When AI was released I was 3 years old and completely unaware of GD's existence.😵

At least I'm not the only baby on the thread 😂 high five @pouty bitch 😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Green Day In Seattle

At 27, I guess I'm the middle child of the fangirls. :lol: I thought I was one of the youngins, but apparently I'm not.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rumpelstiltskin2000

Every time I go to Poke Pelago on Pokemon Ultra Sun I see this and think of Green Day!

QzHuUC9.jpg?1

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vintage Disciple
On 2/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Come to think of it, so were mine 🙂😱

 Mine too 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Bellie

I was 9 when AI came out, I know Green Day since august 2016, it's not so little time ago, not so long ago either, but time sure flies! I remember quite distinctively the time of the day, the atmosphere, the people and their activities around me when I first randomly fell on the 21 Guns video. A few weeks later, I was crying to see the first performances of the RevRad tour on Youtube. A year later, after having seen GD live three times in pretty much awesome conditions, thanks to GDC I get to see their performance on Global Citizen Festival live on Youtube, and I cry, I wasn't expecting it. Then The Longshot... and I now I'm jobless, in a way thanks to The Longshot, but I'm happy about it, I think we don't make any choice without meaning... so I won't judge that bad too early. One year later, we're waiting for the 13th album... I can't wait!

I just took my very first driving lesson two days ago to be able to drive on holiday in the US, I'm dying to discover all of it, and that driving lesson was an awful mess, we just began in the street and the guy was like: 'you want to get us killed' every two seconds. :P But even when I think of everything I do as an awful mess, Green Day is always there for me, and it helps me so much. I just met a guy of my age yesterday, who told me when he was in school he wore everyday a Dookie t-shirt he would wash by hand every evening to wear it the next day. Most people I've met who appreciate GD, seem to associate them with Dookie era, or AI era, and their teenage years. I'm happy to be beyond teenage and appreciate them to the point of crazy... especially the last albums... I literally cry of beauty every day with them.

I played with a pro drummer a few days ago and he said some GD songs are difficult even for him, because they are so neatly done. We played notably Forever Now... and I was proud that he praised Green Day for making these complex, tight songs, and being able to play them flawlessly (and fast) live. It's not something I hear every day... I was glad to hear it from a musician that didn't know these songs before. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maryjanewhatsername
2 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I was 9 when AI came out, I know Green Day since august 2016, it's not so little time ago, not so long ago either, but time sure flies! I remember quite distinctively the time of the day, the atmosphere, the people and their activities around me when I first randomly fell on the 21 Guns video. A few weeks later, I was crying to see the first performances of the RevRad tour on Youtube. A year later, after having seen GD live three times in pretty much awesome conditions, thanks to GDC I get to see their performance on Global Citizen Festival live on Youtube, and I cry, I wasn't expecting it. Then The Longshot... and I now I'm jobless, in a way thanks to The Longshot, but I'm happy about it, I think we don't make any choice without meaning... so I won't judge that bad too early. One year later, we're waiting for the 13th album... I can't wait!

I just took my very first driving lesson two days ago to be able to drive on holiday in the US, I'm dying to discover all of it, and that driving lesson was an awful mess, we just began in the street and the guy was like: 'you want to get us killed' every two seconds. :P But even when I think of everything I do as an awful mess, Green Day is always there for me, and it helps me so much. I just met a guy of my age yesterday, who told me when he was in school he wore everyday a Dookie t-shirt he would wash by hand every evening to wear it the next day. Most people I've met who appreciate GD, seem to associate them with Dookie era, or AI era, and their teenage years. I'm happy to be beyond teenage and appreciate them to the point of crazy... especially the last albums... I literally cry of beauty every day with them.

I played with a pro drummer a few days ago and he said some GD songs are difficult even for him, because they are so neatly done. We played notably Forever Now... and I was proud that he praised Green Day for making these complex, tight songs, and being able to play them flawlessly (and fast) live. It's not something I hear every day... I was glad to hear it from a musician that didn't know these songs before. 

You're my brother's age! :P this was such a good story to read. I'm glad that outside musicians and other people can appreciate these songs like all of us fans do. They really are beautifully written and so well executed live :wub:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
duckez

I was 1 with AI came out lol

But something random, I looked at my dad's iPod he found years ago, and I saw it had a GD song on it. For some reason it was Extraordinary Girl, out of every GD song, and he doesn't even know what GD is.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goofygoldfish

Random question to the amazing fandom... 

 

Does anyone have or know of a list of all (or many) Green Day songs ordered by BPM, or at least including that data so that it can be ordered? 

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×