Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

So glad not to be alone, my son was in primary school, not long to go until secondary!  Now that's scary!  Told you I was old enough to know better 😂 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

HOLY FUCK I'M YOUNG :lol:

Your post about being in kindergarten disturbed me so much so I'm glad to see the posts about having kids in kindergarten to balance it out :lol:. I was 19. Weirdest one for me is Stop Drop and Roll, when it came out my nephew was a newborn and now he's 11, can't believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hermione said:

Your post about being in kindergarten disturbed me so much so I'm glad to see the posts about having kids in kindergarten to balance it out :lol:. I was 19. Weirdest one for me is Stop Drop and Roll, when it came out my nephew was a newborn and now he's 11, can't believe it.

I had no clue half of these people were so much older than me and now I'm like oh god I'm an annoying little child :lol: do you think you could adopt me Hermione :lol:

At least I'm not too much younger than @Billie Hoe and @Beerjeezus :lol:

• Haha 3

I think I was 16 when AI dropped. I just remember that I saw them on that tour the day after my high school graduation.

Just now, The Insider said:

Isn't that the same thing?

No, not in the good ole USA. The kids go to Kindergarten at age 5 and it is mandatory. It is sort of Pre-1st Grade. Pre-school is 5 and under and is not mandatory.   

4 minutes ago, Adorkable said:

No, not in the good ole USA. The kids go to Kindergarten at age 5 and it is mandatory. It is sort of Pre-1st Grade. Pre-school is 5 and under and is not mandatory.   

I'd say that is the exact opposite to here.  Kindy is first then pre-school.  Kindy is not mandatory.

6 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

When AI was released I was 3 years old and completely unaware of GD's existence.😵

At least I'm not the only baby on the thread 😂 high five @pouty bitch 😂😂

• Haha 1

At 27, I guess I'm the middle child of the fangirls. :lol: I thought I was one of the youngins, but apparently I'm not.

• Haha 1

Every time I go to Poke Pelago on Pokemon Ultra Sun I see this and think of Green Day!

QzHuUC9.jpg?1

• Haha 4

On 2/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Come to think of it, so were mine 🙂😱

Mine too 😲

I was 9 when AI came out, I know Green Day since august 2016, it's not so little time ago, not so long ago either, but time sure flies! I remember quite distinctively the time of the day, the atmosphere, the people and their activities around me when I first randomly fell on the 21 Guns video. A few weeks later, I was crying to see the first performances of the RevRad tour on Youtube. A year later, after having seen GD live three times in pretty much awesome conditions, thanks to GDC I get to see their performance on Global Citizen Festival live on Youtube, and I cry, I wasn't expecting it. Then The Longshot... and I now I'm jobless, in a way thanks to The Longshot, but I'm happy about it, I think we don't make any choice without meaning... so I won't judge that bad too early. One year later, we're waiting for the 13th album... I can't wait!

I just took my very first driving lesson two days ago to be able to drive on holiday in the US, I'm dying to discover all of it, and that driving lesson was an awful mess, we just began in the street and the guy was like: 'you want to get us killed' every two seconds. :P But even when I think of everything I do as an awful mess, Green Day is always there for me, and it helps me so much. I just met a guy of my age yesterday, who told me when he was in school he wore everyday a Dookie t-shirt he would wash by hand every evening to wear it the next day. Most people I've met who appreciate GD, seem to associate them with Dookie era, or AI era, and their teenage years. I'm happy to be beyond teenage and appreciate them to the point of crazy... especially the last albums... I literally cry of beauty every day with them.

I played with a pro drummer a few days ago and he said some GD songs are difficult even for him, because they are so neatly done. We played notably Forever Now... and I was proud that he praised Green Day for making these complex, tight songs, and being able to play them flawlessly (and fast) live. It's not something I hear every day... I was glad to hear it from a musician that didn't know these songs before. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I was 9 when AI came out, I know Green Day since august 2016, it's not so little time ago, not so long ago either, but time sure flies! I remember quite distinctively the time of the day, the atmosphere, the people and their activities around me when I first randomly fell on the 21 Guns video. A few weeks later, I was crying to see the first performances of the RevRad tour on Youtube. A year later, after having seen GD live three times in pretty much awesome conditions, thanks to GDC I get to see their performance on Global Citizen Festival live on Youtube, and I cry, I wasn't expecting it. Then The Longshot... and I now I'm jobless, in a way thanks to The Longshot, but I'm happy about it, I think we don't make any choice without meaning... so I won't judge that bad too early. One year later, we're waiting for the 13th album... I can't wait!

I just took my very first driving lesson two days ago to be able to drive on holiday in the US, I'm dying to discover all of it, and that driving lesson was an awful mess, we just began in the street and the guy was like: 'you want to get us killed' every two seconds. :P But even when I think of everything I do as an awful mess, Green Day is always there for me, and it helps me so much. I just met a guy of my age yesterday, who told me when he was in school he wore everyday a Dookie t-shirt he would wash by hand every evening to wear it the next day. Most people I've met who appreciate GD, seem to associate them with Dookie era, or AI era, and their teenage years. I'm happy to be beyond teenage and appreciate them to the point of crazy... especially the last albums... I literally cry of beauty every day with them.

I played with a pro drummer a few days ago and he said some GD songs are difficult even for him, because they are so neatly done. We played notably Forever Now... and I was proud that he praised Green Day for making these complex, tight songs, and being able to play them flawlessly (and fast) live. It's not something I hear every day... I was glad to hear it from a musician that didn't know these songs before. 

You're my brother's age! :P this was such a good story to read. I'm glad that outside musicians and other people can appreciate these songs like all of us fans do. They really are beautifully written and so well executed live :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was 1 with AI came out lol

But something random, I looked at my dad's iPod he found years ago, and I saw it had a GD song on it. For some reason it was Extraordinary Girl, out of every GD song, and he doesn't even know what GD is.

• Haha 1

Random question to the amazing fandom... 

Does anyone have or know of a list of all (or many) Green Day songs ordered by BPM, or at least including that data so that it can be ordered? 

Thanks 

Am I going through a phase, or is 'Pulling Teeth' the best song on Dookie?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I love Pulling Teeth! Underrated gem

I love that song! Comes on the radio all the time in Idaho.

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic