Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Random ass thought - what if we had an album where Mike was the lead and Billie was back-up??? Interesting or no???

• Confused 1

Just now, maryjanewhatsername said:

Random ass thought - what if we had an album where Mike was the lead and Billie was back-up??? Interesting or no???

No - you should post that in unpopular opinions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Insider said:

No - you should post that in unpopular opinions.

Oh, yes. Will add that there too 😈

On 2/12/2019 at 10:54 PM, The Insider said:

I hope he is wearing undies.

I hope he's not 😈

*heads to fangirls thread.... 

• Haha 2

While I was rolling pizza dough for 4 hours today and listening to our boys, I thought about Billie's teeth changing and how it changed the sound of his singing between the albums. I noticed a definite difference between Warning and American Idiot. Before AI, Billie kinda had a bit of a lisp. Does anyone know when he had dental operations and when? I'm curious as to the timeline of these and how they affected his music!

7 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

While I was rolling pizza dough for 4 hours today and listening to our boys, I thought about Billie's teeth changing and how it changed the sound of his singing between the albums. I noticed a definite difference between Warning and American Idiot. Before AI, Billie kinda had a bit of a lisp. Does anyone know when he had dental operations and when? I'm curious as to the timeline of these and how they affected his music!

The two biggest ones were around 2002 (pre Pop Disaster Tour) and the end of 2016.  Not sure how much of an impact it had on his singing though.  His biggest lisp was in Fell for You.  I'd say the change between Warning and AI was him sounding less congested.  I doubt dental surgery would have anything to do with that though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Montclare said:

The two biggest ones were around 2002 (pre Pop Disaster Tour) and the end of 2016.  Not sure how much of an impact it had on his singing though.  His biggest lisp was in Fell for You.  I'd say the change between Warning and AI was him sounding less congested.  I doubt dental surgery would have anything to do with that though.

Thank you for the information and god I always love your thoughts on stuff like this!!!! Yeah, I noticed more in the earlier albums like Insomniac (been binging lately!) that he has a tiny lisp/congestion. I don't know if dental surgery would  help with stuff like that either, but I did notice around those times a different sound from him. I might be nuts though! :lol: Thank you @Montclare :wub: 

• Thanks 1

Two random thoughts from me today. Firstly, when Rev Rad came out I loved all the interviews that GD did where they talked about the writing/recording process- and I'm looking forward to that when the next album comes out. Hopefully Billie will talk a bit about creating The Longshot. 

Secondly, the Liverpool vs Manchester United game was previewed on TV with the words "know your enemy" and Dad started singing KYE (if I can call it singing :lol:). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Made my boyfriend appreciate Mike's vocals today, whether he was gonna accept it or not! ((spoiler he actually ended up really liking Mike's singing so it was a total success!)) 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, Wretched & Divine said:

Not to get too deep, but in making my Insta post for Billie's birthday earlier I realised he was honestly the only positive adult male role model I ever had in my adolescent years. I mean, I had other male celebrities I liked obviously, but none I connected with in anywhere near the same way. There's a lot of unresolved trauma surrounding my father abandoning me but I always had Billie. I just wanna hug him and say thanks 😭

I agree with this very much. Green Day was the first band I ever got into and no one else has captured me the way they do. Although Alkaline Trio and Matt Skiba are extremely close seconds!

On 2/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, Nightlife said:

I can't believe it's almost been 15 years since the release of AI. I also can't believe I've been a fan for that long, time passes by so fast. 

I was in Kindergarten when that album was released!! Time flies 😭

• Love 1

1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I was in Kindergarten when that album was released!! Time flies 😭

My kids were in kindergarten🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Insider said:

My kids were in kindergarten🤣

DUDE ARE YOUR KIDS 20 TOO????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1