Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I warmed to Youngblood a bit after hearing it live and the superior "fuck you I'm from England." It's definitely catchy. Still cringe if I pay attention to lyrics like "soul of Ms. Teresa" though :P Too Dumb To Die instead would have been amazing.

• Like 2

Too calrify I don’t hate Youngblood, I just prefer TDTD as a song and yes either that or BOTW would have been more fun to hear live. 

• Like 2

People who were at the Rose Bowl soundcheck said Billie had been wanting to play Too Dumb To Die, but Mike wasn't up for it. I guess that's part of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

People who were at the Rose Bowl soundcheck said Billie had been wanting to play Too Dumb To Die, but Mike wasn't up for it. I guess that's part of it.

That's interesting! Seems funny to me that they would discuss that right before playing though, but I'm not surprised Billie would have wanted to play it :P

I adore Youngblood, it's one of the songs I'd most like to see live if/when I finally get to a show. I hope they don't just forget about it/never play it again.

• Like 2

Ahh yes, I have fond memories of us hating on Mike for that. Don't really have strong feelings about Youngblood but them playing Too Dumb to Die (more than that one time or something in Australia/NZ?) would've been awesome.

5 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

In TDTD I always hear "don't cross the line because you'd scare my mother" and I have a feeling it's not what he's actually saying.

Spoiler

2019-01-17-4.png

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm afraid I forgot what this means.

You must be either high or drunk. (idk either tbh... here's to ole dado crossing the line)

• Haha 1

I actually like "Youngblood" and it was great live. I'm sure I've said before but there isn't a track I don't like on RevRad.

I heard people saying it was Mike who didn't want to play TDTD too.

6 hours ago, pouty bitch said:

I adore Youngblood, it's one of the songs I'd most like to see live if/when I finally get to a show. I hope they don't just forget about it/never play it again.

Liking this for the new username! 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Still cringe if I pay attention to lyrics like "soul of Ms. Teresa" though :P Too Dumb To Die instead would have been amazing.

Would have been great if it were switched out for new Rev Rad songs like Too Dumb to Die and Bouncing Off the Wall. Too bad they weren’t played. Those songs are awesome. 

• Like 1

I think I might now prefer Dookie to American Idiot. I have listened to it a couple times recently and been enjoying it a lot and it may have surpassed AI to become my 2nd favourite GD album after 21CB. Even though it doesn't have too many of my absolute favourite GD songs, it's still great from beginning to end, and while a lot of it has the same sound, the Dookie sound never gets boring throughout the album's run time.

• Like 4

I love the songs on American Idiot, but there are so awesome live that I often prefer to see (one of the very numerous :lol:) footage of them than listen to them on the album. I put mp3 of live versions of BOBD, Jesus of Suburbia, American Idiot, WMUWSE and Are We The Waiting on my phone, and prefer them to the studio versions, so I end up listening less often to the album, but I also enjoy more the studio versions of the songs that way.

Thinking of that, I know it has been overplayed in the past, but one of the first songs I would love to witness live (and that I haven't yet) is WMUWSE. The way Billie performed it alone with his guitar at the end of some gigs during RevRad was :wub:.

• Like 2

I would love to see Billie and Mike in full drag. We've seen Tré in drag and we've seen Billie in a dress, but never Mike or Billie going all out. I bet Billie would look super hot in drag too! :lol: He definitely has the nice facial features for it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I would love to see Billie and Mike in full drag. We've seen Tré in drag and we've seen Billie in a dress, but never Mike or Billie going all out. I bet Billie would look super hot in drag too! :lol: He definitely has the nice facial features for it.

And can look quite feminine at times!

3 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Agreed! Although Mike has worn dresses too, they all used to on stage from time to time. Imagine if they did a video like this, they could totally pull it off :D 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, herewegoagain said:

Hide contents

2019-01-17-4.png

Did you bookmark this tweet? You sly ole dog

Speaking of music videos, I'm still waiting for a GD video with LGBT rep :cool: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeJennsitized said:

Speaking of music videos, I'm still waiting for a GD video with LGBT rep :cool: 

Or poc for that matter. :happy: But I'm in full agreement that it's about time the public was informed this isn't a straight band.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I think Billie would pass for a girl pretty easily. There's a photoshoot (Shenanigans era?) of him in a dress and he's wearing lipstick and he's halfway there imo. He'd definitely look great in full drag.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Edit: it's been 5 days but look I did 420 page own @DeJennsitized

Blaze it 

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I think Billie would pass for a girl pretty easily. There's a photoshoot (Shenanigans era?) of him in a dress and he's wearing lipstick and he's halfway there imo. He'd definitely look great in full drag.

If it's the one I think it is that is a ISH photoshoot :D

4 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

Did you bookmark this tweet? You sly ole dog

Actually I searched for it but I'll take that as a compliment

• Thanks 1

• Liam unpinned this topic