Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Is this the quote @deadair means from Billie's Rolling Stone interview?

Was she your nurse as well?

"No. I had a nurse that came in and made sure I wasn’t hav­ing seizures and stuff like that. But Adrienne is a strong woman. She knew the deal. I’m sure it was rough for her to see me going through this. At the same time, I think it’s safe to say there were some choices she had to make."

Such as?

"Am I going to get kicked to the curb? I’m sure the thought crossed her mind — that if I didn’t get sober, I could potentially lose all of that stuff. I could have lost the band too. I didn’t realize how destructive I was. I thought everybody was in on the joke. But I was the joke."

• Like 3

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Is this the quote @deadair means from Billie's Rolling Stone interview?

Was she your nurse as well?

"No. I had a nurse that came in and made sure I wasn’t hav­ing seizures and stuff like that. But Adrienne is a strong woman. She knew the deal. I’m sure it was rough for her to see me going through this. At the same time, I think it’s safe to say there were some choices she had to make."

Such as?

"Am I going to get kicked to the curb? I’m sure the thought crossed her mind — that if I didn’t get sober, I could potentially lose all of that stuff. I could have lost the band too. I didn’t realize how destructive I was. I thought everybody was in on the joke. But I was the joke."

Yeah, that was it. I haven't read it in a while so I didn't remember it perfectly lol.

Exactly! Though I wasn't a huge fan of the album I want a CD to go with my other GD side project CDs!

• Like 3

To not drink and play small bars and dives would be torture. I think it’s perfectly fine to have a couple of beers with friends and play a small show. And it is none of our business. But if he is drinking and not doing drugs that is great. Fuck drugs. Especially prescription drugs. That shit is dirty.

Glad it looks like he’s having fun and good for him!

And I want the Longshot on CD.

15 minutes ago, Extra Ordinary Boy said:

To not drink and play small bars and dives would be torture. I think it’s perfectly fine to have a couple of beers with friends and play a small show. And it is none of our business. But if he is drinking and not doing drugs that is great. Fuck drugs. Especially prescription drugs. That shit is dirty.

Glad it looks like he’s having fun and good for him!

And I want the Longshot on CD.

Beer was sent to us from God himself.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Beer was sent to us from God himself.

I wanna add a gif but am afraid of a warning - are we still allowed to hijack threads😐

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Insider said:

I wanna add a gif but am afraid of a warning - are we still allowed to hijack threads😐

No, but you can report me if you dislike beer!

• Like 1

@deadair For my part I don't care if Billie has been drinking because he looks just perfectly fine. And yes relapse is frequent but not being really abstinent doesn't necessarily mean relapse. It depends on people. We don't know about Billie, he may have had some real drinks more lately but I don't worry about him at all, everything we can see now indicates that he can take care of himself.

Notably, I bet the man was practically forced to drink in Viggiano, they have a traditional wine making there and he probably couldn't refuse (maybe it's me but I have the impression to read in his eyes the concern of eventual fans' concern: "will people start to worry about me if they see this pic?" :lol:)

9Da4Kh5.jpg

I don't worry, he seems happy and healthy, and yes even while not being forbidden of any drop of alcohol, I don't think it's necessary. I think I'm even more reassured when I see he is able to currently handle some "normal" drinking.  (on a side note, he is the cutest man to hold a glass of wine like he does :wub:)

hkaD9KT.jpg 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

No, but you can report me if you dislike beer!

Not fond of beer but used to enjoy a good shandy😀

Today is all about listening to GD & side projects on Spotify - it must be time for new music.🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Not fond of beer but used to enjoy a good shandy😀

Today is all about listening to GD & side projects on Spotify - it must be time for new music.🤨

Shandy is fine by me too. :wub: Non-alcoholic radler is the best kind of lemonade as fas as I'm concerned.

Listened to the Longshot and Foxies yesterday. They're both just amazing. I'm ready for a tour.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Shandy is fine by me too. :wub: Non-alcoholic radler is the best kind of lemonade as fas as I'm concerned.

Listened to the Longshot and Foxies yesterday. They're both just amazing. I'm ready for a tour.

Shandy is alcoholic though - its just beer & lemonade - takes the edge off the taste of the beer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Shandy is alcoholic though - its just beer & lemonade - takes the edge off the taste of the beer.

Ha, never heard of that, I have to try it sometime. I just thought of Diesel (?) which I ordered in Germany once. It was Coca cola and beer, tasted okay to someone who didn't like beer at the time. 

1 hour ago, Signe said:

. It was Coca cola and beer, tasted okay to someone who didn't like beer at the time. 

Sounds disgusting. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Sounds disgusting. 

I can't argue that, but it was OKAY, I can't drink it today… but it was kind of thick and very sweet. I used to hate beer and drank "diesel" for lack of option. I do believe it is something that is served to force people learn how to drink actual beer. Moral of the story; anyone who drank it now really likes normal tasting beer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/14/2019 at 4:02 AM, pouty bitch said:

Me and my chins waiting for GD news like...

This absolutely cracked me up, miss the derpy Billie banter :lol:

So I haven't listened to Green Day for ages but put my Nimrod vinyl on the other night on a whim and got toally lost in it, what an album  :wub: :wub:  Then putting the entire catalogue on shuffle today I was caught off guard by Too Dumb to Die, I forgot it existed?? What a disgrace

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

In TDTD I always hear "don't cross the line because you'd scare my mother" and I have a feeling it's not what he's actually saying.

😂 You should put that in the misheard lyrics thread. (It’s “don’t cross the line because you’ll be a scab not a martyr”) I always wished they would have played that song on the tour instead of Youngblood.  I think they tried it once maybe they weren’t happy with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2019 at 3:27 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

😂 You should put that in the misheard lyrics thread. (It’s “don’t cross the line because you’ll be a scab not a martyr”) I always wished they would have played that song on the tour instead of Youngblood.  I think they tried it once maybe they weren’t happy with it. 

Oh hahaha it's actually a nice line. Yeah, I'd prefer it over Youngblood too. Or Bouncing Off The Wall.

Edit: it's been 5 days but look I did 420 page own @DeJennsitized

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I always wished they would have played that song on the tour instead of Youngblood.  I think they tried it once maybe they weren’t happy with it. 

I would have been  happy if they played Happy Birthday instead of Youngblood

31 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Wow so much Youngblood hate! I wouldn't say it's their strongest song, but I think it's fun and catchy. I liked hearing it live, but I would've traded it for Bouncing Off the Walls. That is a party song dying to be played live.

It's definitely not my favorite, but it is super catchy! I kind of agree that I wish they'd done something else live other than Youngblood, but I am not sure which song I would have preferred.

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic