Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

2 minutes ago, Montclare said:

@Goofygoldfish Forgot- I'm destined for anything at all.

Warning seems to have a lot of them.

I love Warning so much for that reason. That album is so so good! Underrated for sure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Montclare said:

@Goofygoldfish Forgot- I'm destined for anything at all.

Warning seems to have a lot of them.

Oh yeah, that one is cool.... Off to listen to warning! Thanks again 🌟

• Like 1

@Goofygoldfish I love that you initially took those perfect Troubled Times lines :wub:

I like "do you have the feeling that you've been bleeded, cause now you're bleeding me" from Broadway on Stop, Drop and Roll. Really explains well how one can hurt for having been hurt, it may speak to teenagers. 

I'm also thinking of "now I pay but I can't pay attention, teaching me the hardest lessons of my life" in Sex, Drugs and Violence, although paying is mostly an adult thing, I love the word play between "pay" and "pay attention" and the "lessons" in a figurative way. Also, in Walk Away, "did you win or maybe did you lose, now you're gonna lick your wounds anyway" or "it's not too late, and it's really not worth the fight, no one's right" like a way of taking distance from wanting a fight and from the fact of winning or losing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, The Bellie said:

Thank you.... I daren't put the ones about bleeding on the wall, but will definitely use it either in a form time discussion or similar, it's brilliant! The others are fab too, thank you. 

It's great getting so many other people's opinions on this as we all interpret songs differently

On 1/11/2019 at 4:00 AM, maryjanewhatsername said:

I really hope next album has more vocals from Mike. I really love his voice and would even love like almost a solo song from him where Billie is back up. He's got a raw, yet still smooth sound to his voice and I really like it!!! 

I always think of Mike as sounding like a non-nasal Billie :lol: 

• Like 1

I'm really missing GD so much rn.😭 Like, I'm not the type of person who gets impatient between albums, and usually I don't even start getting hyped for new music until the artist has confirmed it/given a release date, but dammit I'd give anything to have my boys on tour with new music rn. I just can't wait for the next GD era!:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I'm really missing GD so much rn.😭 Like, I'm not the type of person who gets impatient between albums, and usually I don't even start getting hyped for new music until the artist has confirmed it/given a release date, but dammit I'd give anything to have my boys on tour with new music rn. I just can't wait for the next GD era!:wub:

Same I just miss the boys! :wub:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Me and my chins waiting for GD news like...

It's really incredible how he can be so unbelievably hot one second and then look super derpy the next. :lol: He's the best!

• Like 1

@G-L-O-R-I-A I really hope you get to see them, I'm sure you will, they normally do quite a few UK shows.  Last time they did four I think it was, should have been five but lets not talk about Glasgow. 😭 😭 I saw them in the O2 and they were fantastic, think @Hermione was there too!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I'm hoping I can go to one, too!! I'm thinking about making an armband with the GDC logo and my username on it so that if any of you guys are there we can all meet up and put faces to the usernames!! 

That's a great idea! If I can remember, maybe I'll do that too.

New album means new tour and I hope this time they don't play Wrigley when they swing by Chicago. I was happy for them when they did it, but I didn't go because I don't think Wrigley is a great venue and I knew I wasn't going to get great seats. I'll be happy if they go with a regular stadium since we probably won't get another club tour for a while.

• Like 2

I hadn't been following most of Billie's music/tours last year (The Longshot, etc...), but I just watched a few videos from a Coverups gig and saw he was drinking again. I hope he is in a good mental state (drinking in moderation, which is notoriously hard for most alcoholics to do) and I hope him and Adrienne are still together, since she said she'd leave him if he starting drinking again after the iHeart debacle.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

If you had been following, we covered (haha) this already - it was non alcoholic, as seen by someone who was there. And they are still together, because Adrienne probably has a better idea of his mental state than fans watching him on Youtube do. 

No, I hadn't been following really the whole last year. I just want to clarify, I didn't say I had an idea of his mental state, I was just saying I know how a lot of alcoholics are (runs in my family, but I've never drank) and I was hoping he wasn't going down that path again. It was out of true concern, I care about his well being as a human being, more than what he gives us musically (RevRad was a long tour and he didn't take much time off between that and doing club gigs this year and I also know long touring can drive some musicians back into that). Good to hear though.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't think she's said any such thing, sounds made up by fans to me.

Now that I think about it, I think it might have been something Billie said in an interview that she'd leave him if he didn't straighten out at that point.

Just now, deadair said:

Now that I think about it, I think it might have been something Billie said in an interview that she'd leave him if he didn't straighten out at that point.

Right, yeah sounds more like something he would've speculated at the time rather than a promise declared to the world by her, you know. He seems to be doing fine so I don't think we need to worry

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic