Fuzz

Random Green Day Thoughts

Goofygoldfish
5 hours ago, Biddymc said:

Could the lyrics to I want Revenge been written by one of the boys (Joey or Jakob)?  Just an odd thought.

Good call, that they have at least some input and Billie helped them to shape them into the record. I like this idea, it would be a good interview question for Billie or one of the boys. 

If true, it would also makes sense of something I had thought, which is that there feels like a mismatch between some lines. I couldn't explain this well so hadn't commented previously, and still can't, it's just a feeling! 

• Like 3

maryjanewhatsername

I was listening to Nimrod today, and came across "Haushinka". I've always really loved that song, it's pretty and has wonderful harmonies. But I couldn't help what wonder what the flying fuck in space 'haushinka' meant, so I took to the internet. 

According to geekstinkbreath.net (apparently it still exists!) "Haushinka" refers to regretting not saying one's feelings to a person before they leave. Also read that an unconfirmed rumor for it was when Billie met a girl in Japan during the time him and Adrienne were separated. 

Can anyone here confirm or deny that? Thoughts? Also, is Haushinka a real word??? 

The Bellie

Replying to you in green in the quote:

On 1/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, solongfromthestars said:

That's interesting! It could be about being the "minority" so to speak. I've said this many times but that's one of the things I love about Billie's lyrics - how different people can find completely different things in them. I've always interpreted Turn Me Loose as a song about trying to be triumphant in the face of a relationship ending it's true that the title can lead that way, I'm just thinking of it; I looked up what "turn someone loose" means in general, there can be a positive connotation to it, like giving freedom back to this person, it's interesting; anyways I can see better the ending of a relationship that may be involved here, but then I also hear a few of the lyrics differently like "pride" being "bride":

"Don't let your ponytail get out of line, I got a feeling on my mind," stop and pay attention to me, because I have something to say; I admit I don't see the link you make from "Don't let your ponytail get out of line" to "stop and pay attention to me" (to me it's more: you can stay in line if you want, not let anything get out of it, but I won't do that), but I do for the second part of the phrase "I'm on the spectrum and the borderline, I got the shakes but I'm alright," I think he sings "alive" in the album version (which is another degree of concession, supposing he's fine only because he's alive, that being alive is enough) but I just heard a live version where he says "alright"... but it's just a small detail ^^ but I'm dealing with my own issues but I'm alright, already trying to insist he's fine despite how the person has made him feel, when in reality he isn't.

"Turn me loose, I'm only gonna stagger," meaning you can leave me, I'll only "stagger," it won't hurt too much I agree; do you hear "swagger" sometimes when he sings it live? supposing not only it won't hurt too much, but even more, he'll even feel even more assured if he's left. Now I'm thinking the whole song could be about being left alone while he thinks he's an edgy guy from the start but finally okay with that, and that being left alone won't make him get back in line / be normal "April fool's and I'm not a runner," I'm already a fool anyway, so whatever; just "don't call me a loser with dumb tattoos" and hurt me agree, but "it doesn't matter," pretending he doesn't care, which is kind of sarcastic because he's just admitted he does I hear "but it doesn't matter" being related to "with dumb tattoos" because he sings both lines so closely; so it would be a way to say "the dumb tattoos don't matter, the fact I have them and am a weirdo doesn't matter".

"I'll go down swinging for the final line," I really hear foul line, like in bowling the line where you don't hit any skittle, which makes sense with the "I'm not a rebel for my pride" as I hear it I'll fight for myself until the end; "I'm not the rebel for my bride," I'm a rebel for myself and not for you I still agree with that ^^; "just for the record and the afterlife, I'll take a beating not a dive," I'll take a beating but I won't be knocked down yes. That could also link back to Fell For You - "steal a kiss and I took a dive" - saying that this time I won't take a dive for you. Very interesting! I still wonder whom Fell For You is meant for by the way. Funny because you made to link from TML to it and I made one to Loss of Control, which follows FFY in Uno. Is is the same person he fells for, and then sings about that he's the "April Fools who thought he fell in love with" in LOC? and now the same he speaks about in TML, finally marking a conclusion to it?

Finally, because it's kind of bluster and he is hurting really, he sings "I'm gonna make a racket, I'm gonna start a riot, I'm gonna make you crash and burn," saying he's going to break the person's heart in return. That one isn't so different to your interpretation of "fuck you, I'm going to do whatever I want that's considered bad anyway," just a different subject agree.

I don't actually think it's an immature song. He's playing with the concept of immaturity in the "crash and burn" line but mocking and embracing it. I guess you could say the exact same thing about I Want Revenge, but tbh I don't think it's even serious enough for any kind of concept like mocking immaturity.

And Turn Me Loose is absolutely a greater piece of art than I Want Revenge :P My favourite Longshot song. I don't think they can even be compared agree.

• Like 4

Rumpelstiltskin2000
4 hours ago, jengd said:

@solongfromthestars at the risk of sounding about 12, I am so envious of anyone who saw these shows and to be so close too 😍😍😍👏👏👏

I completely get that and like @solongfromthestars has already said I felt like that about the small shows before 21st Century Breakdown was released and the FBHT shows that I had absolutely no chance of ever being able to attend. I really hope you get the opportunity to see something like that one day

• Like 2

The Bellie
16 hours ago, jengd said:

I am so envious of anyone who saw these shows and to be so close too 😍😍😍👏👏👏

It was unreal. I hope you'll get to experience that :wub:

17 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

In other news when I was looking for live versions of Turn Me Loose I came across this and seeing me dancing on the front row (the black hair and bow in the bottom right) made me happy :D The Longshot was such a wonderful gift from Billie.

He's looking and sounding so great :wub: this was right before the Observatory where we met!

Lol at the girl around 2:00 who's brought on the stage, awkwardly moves towards Billie and then is roughly taken away from him by the security guy 

Speaking of seeing yourself in vids, I'm still feeling awkward about this vid, I'm afraid to have annoyed people behind me and Billie as well :runaround: what do you think? :P

• Like 2

solongfromthestars
5 hours ago, The Bellie said:

He's looking and sounding so great :wub: this was right before the Observatory where we met!

Lol at the girl around 2:00 who's brought on the stage, awkwardly moves towards Billie and then is roughly taken away from him by the security guy 

Speaking of seeing yourself in vids, I'm still feeling awkward about this vid, I'm afraid to have annoyed people behind me and Billie as well :runaround: what do you think? :P

It was! They were such good times :D I still can't believe I was actually there.

I have to admit I laughed at how Billie totally ignores that girl and then security pull her away :lol:

Well for what it's worth I squealed inside when I saw your flag :P That was cute! At about 0:49 Billie is looking at it and I think if it annoyed him he'd have ignored it completely, like he does with that girl in San Francisco. As for the people behind, all the phones must have been equally (if not more) annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rumpelstiltskin2000

I saw this and thought of Green Day (didn't read the article!) :lol:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/751977/arsenal-news-emirates-stadium-crime-rate-worst-in-london

and we camped out for the show there!

I also found out today that GD's "Know Your Enemy" was used in the trailer for the movie "Free Birds" (towards the end of the trailer):

I also discovered that "Welcome to Paradise" and an instrumental version of "Holiday" were used in the "Surf's Up" movie. Here's "Welcome to Paradise":

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Montclare
2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Tumblr thinks Billie's eyebrows are "adult content"

I should not have read that while drinking water. :lol:

• Haha 3

pacejunkie punk

OMG that last one. Having never seen Bridesmaids, wtf does that even mean?!

• Like 2

squashie09
4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'm going to assume he's referencing this scene (NSFW). (I hated the movie. I did not find it funny at all). 

• Haha 1

Amanda
8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It means your bumhole is probably only superficially clean, darling.

pacejunkie punk

I could see that being his kind of dirty lowbrow humor 😂

• Like 1

Amanda
Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Are you saying I shouldn't send you a bum bleaching kit for your birthday?

pacejunkie punk
6 minutes ago, Amanda said:

Are you saying I shouldn't send you a bum bleaching kit for your birthday?

Seriously is that even a thing? 😂

Amanda
1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seriously is that even a thing? 😂

Oh yes.

squashie09
12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I feel as if I have a rather larger sense of humor (low brow to dry). I loved The Hangover. Found it hilarious. But this, this was just trying too hard and failing (for me). They kept promoting it as the "female version of The Hangover" and it was not anywhere close to that.