Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

1 minute ago, herewegoagain said:

oh thanks! I was really confused cause I thought @Hermione was talking about the 2019 calendar and 2019 doesn't have the respective band members for the birth months :P well, except mike. Wish I had space on my wall for a calendar

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

2019 doesn't have the respective band members for the birth months :P 

This is sad :P but I still want it

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

oh thanks! I was really confused cause I thought @Hermione was talking about the 2019 calendar and 2019 doesn't have the respective band members for the birth months :P well, except mike. Wish I had space on my wall for a calendar

It's on Amazon too 😊

2 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

It's on Amazon too 😊

thanks, but I avoid shopping on Amazon when I can :P I don't have the space for it anyway :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

thanks, but I avoid shopping on Amazon when I can :P I don't have the space for it anyway :( 

Like I said to @DeJennsitized, treat yoself :lol:

2 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Like I said to @DeJennsitized, treat yoself :lol:

Treating myself sounds good, I just got my paycheck and was looking for useless shit to waste it on immediately :lol: I think i'm gonna browse their store and see what i can find

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Treating myself sounds good, I just got my paycheck and was looking for useless shit to waste it on immediately :lol: I think i'm gonna browse their store and see what i can find

The whole looking for something to immediately waste my paycheck on describes my whole LIFE :lol: I said "treat myself" once and now it's a lifestyle :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I didn't bother mentioning names because the (rather mild) name calling seemed pretty evenly balanced, both LaughingClock and the other people in the argument were starting to resort to name calling/personal comments and all that needs to happen is for everyone to stop the discussion at that point. However it's LC who came into the thread aggressively saying fuck Jeff's ex to start the debate up again so I'm not sure what response would be expected.

If you see an "attack" on someone (taking into account their posts directed at other people and the full context of the conversation too) that has been overlooked please report it

Otherwise this thread is turning into a shitshow so can it actually stop now? RANDOM GREEN DAY THOUGHTS only please, anyone who wants to discuss anything else use PM

But I wanted to join the online debate! 😛 

3 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

lxg7wpb.jpg

Not so far from the truth tbh

I’m a sexist? Couldn’t be farther from the truth. The two people I love most in this world are women, my daughter and my mother. Yes I’m a mama’s boy.

I came on here just to post my own personal opinion about an article I had just read.

You guys need to forgive me that I forget that that is probably old and discussed and beaten to death topic on this forum and that my mention of it will have brought up like a bad case of acid reflux of everyone’s delicate sensibilities.

I would call a man a cheating prick just as fast as I would call someone a cheating bitch as would EACH AND EVERY ONE of you. Just some people like to pretend they’re perfect.

You all amuse me.  Thank you. I don’t mean that rudely. If I started caring about what you guys think it would start to hurt my feelings so I choose to not. None of you people know me. A couple do but the people that actually know me don’t spend their lives on here. I’m glad I’m a grown man. I can totally understand how young people would eventually take it to heart but I am grown up enough to realize none of you pwople know anything about me and do not represent how people treat me in my real world. 

What sucks is that I used to love people here. I truly cared and said it was a real thing but it’s not real but it felt that way and I used to say it was a cool and different type of relationship with people. I know that it’s not real because I’ve never had a friend in the real world that wasn’t one day because I said something that either way misconstrued or upset them for that moment. Never. Not. Once. Even.

So people that want to be friendly with me, please do so. Those that don’t, enjoy yourselves and stop responding to my posts.

Lol. My emotion about this parallels this bit by Bo Burnham: ;)

Ok. In this bit, I’m Bo and you guys are the girl breaking up with me: (oh, I suppose it’s important to say to watch all of it before abusing me again)

18 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Dude we cool but don’t let strangers get to you if they think something just ignore them 

Even with my post, that I’m not sure you read above or not, says that I don’t care. The truth is I really don’t but for a tiny drop of me.

There was, as I said above, a time where I actually thought I cared about people here but then when I learned that the people I thought I was cool with could turn on me on a dime, I realized that an online relationship isn’t real and felt embarrassed for myself for ever thinking differently.

It’s sort of the best of both worlds. People that post like human beings, I will continue to interact with and people that act like cyborgs (the usual suspects that are a HOWLING minority of about 8-10 people on this forum that are the people you only ever hear from even though there are 1000s of registered active users) shows how loud those people are and how badly they want to be heard. I would imagine they are much like the girl in the movie Eight Grade, possibly ironic as it’s directed by the person above. Those people are people that I care about that are probably shy, quiet and have problems dealing with life and pretend they are wonderful online when really they should be working on their actual lives. I care because they are people and I care about people but I only have so much room to care about people that are acting obnoxious to me for no reason.

So I don’t. Sociologically, much like enjoying the movie Eigth Grade, I find these types of “relationships” interesting as it’s a window into the next generations ingestion methods. I think in general there is a smart generation following millinials but there are just so many people here that are trying to solve problems and call people out for being sexist and enjoy their “buddies” on this forum that are their best friends that they have never met. 

To me, that is sad. Non-organic and fine for a online interest but I believe that people are filling their lives with social media and forums like this and substitute it for real life. Like I feel so stupid for how much time I spend here and then I realize there are people that average like 80 posts a day and I can’t break the 1 post a day mark and I feel like I am constantly here!

My point is, you’re worried about the wrong people. I’m fine. I swear, while I joke around, there is literally nobody here that could make me upset for real and the ones that do, I wish nothing but something better for them. Anyone that thinks I’m sexist like someone suggested above shows how little people here know me. I’m NOTHINGist. I’m a bleeeing heart liberal who would give his shirt to a homeless person.!

So yeah. Thanks bud. This long post was for some others to read but I used your post as the catalyst.

5 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I can’t break the 1 post a day mark and I feel like I am constantly here!

Haha ^^ that! 

• Thanks 1

I just discovered that ignoring users actually blocks out their entire content, that's amazing. It didn't happen when I ignored Seagull so I'm very positively surprised! Maybe this is the cure to the headaches which have plagued me lately. Thanks, whosoever is responsible for this heavenly feature!

I wonder what made Tre and Sara give their newborn son the name Otis. I hope they thought this through because I'm sure a lot of second graders are gonna think his parents gave him a dog's name. :lol: Maybe middle names are supposed to be a secret to everyone. I know for sure mine is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I wonder what made Tre and Sara give their newborn son the name Otis. I hope they thought this through because I'm sure a lot of second graders are gonna think his parents gave him a dog's name. :lol: Maybe middle names are supposed to be a secret to everyone. I know for sure mine is.

Hahahahhaha I know your middle name :lol:

I think the baby might be named Otis after Otis Redding.

Just now, Goofygoldfish said:

I guess the same Otis that the recording studio / Otis lounge is named after? 

Yeah, that's definitely it, but "Otis" sounds like something you would call an old dog :lol:

Still would like to know what made them call him that. Why name him after the studio?

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Hahahahhaha I know your middle name :lol:

efd.jpg

• Haha 2

There is so much crazy written on the last couple pages that I don’t even know where to begin.

By the time I’m done responding to @Billie Hoe‘a personal smack downs and @Hermione, whew are all your rules when it’s not me? And finally, what IN the fuck are you guys all pissed about?

Again. I sometimes forget that you guys have a secret news source every time Billie takes a shit so I should have realized that this was already probably disused ad nauseum before I wrote my original post on this.

I am not pumping my chest and I don’t give a fuck who thinks I am, but I am actually friends with Jeff so of course I’m gonna side with him when he makes a mistake, apologies for it and not like the girl that did whatever you believe or don’t believe she did to him. Who gives a fuck?

How does that make me sexist? Hearing this on the AMAZING amount of posts on my oringinal OP screams of sadness and I feel I’m being sucked into your vortex and then I just stopped reading the posts because they are insane.

To whatever person that thinks I’m sexists because I think women mature mentally earlier than men, that’s sexist, that’s my reality. That’s what I think. Guess what? Men are also IN GENERAL, stronger than women. Am I sexist there too? Remember that the next time you can’t budge your peanut butter and hand it off to your man who doesn’t even budge when he opens it. There are a lot of realities that are not sexist.

I believe women should make the same amount of money for the same job, and that includes if a woman could make it to the  NFL. It makes me happy that people are starting to come out in professional sports. I am happy that a women kicker made it to the practice squad of an NFL team. I was rooting for her to make it to the NFL.

Only little brains and over zealous people can’t see the difference between not being afraid to scare people with reality vs. being mislabeled a sexist or any other label. I marched for women in 3 marches in the last 2 years, marched for the children at the border. Where are your credentials? I’ve thrown events that have made 100s of thousands of people happy (possibly millions over the years) definitely 8 million a week on Last Man Standinf. What have you done? Calling me a sexist or anything but what everyone that knows me thinks of me (and maybe that doesn’t show through my text) but in reality, you’re all wrong but for the people that can see the truth. 

Youre literally just wrong about me.  So whatever. Obviously in reality it gets to me on some level but it’s just because it’s so wrong it’s laughable. I’m a where my heart on my sleeve liberal to the bone softy and you guys act like I’m Donald Trump but you’re all so fast to act on something that is total bull shit. Ugh. It’s amazinf how much has been written about nothing and I’m not talking about my siliquoy but about all the posts that are too much for me to even follow bexauae they are based on nothing.

My wife just said to me, coincidentally just said “what are you doing” and embarrassed to say “I’m on my Gator football forum” but I must stop typing and she said “it’s pathetic that you’re wasting so much of your life speaking to people you don’t know”.  She’s right, must stop.  It’s pathetic.

• Like 1

I've issued a couple warnings now, drop the back and forth arguments trying to one-up each other. It's really lame for everyone else to read it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

Yeah, that's definitely it, but "Otis" sounds like something you would call an old dog :lol:

Still would like to know what made them call him that. Why name him after the studio?

Reminds me of that Milo and Otis movie with the pug :lol: I do love the first name, it's so sweet! Mickey is a sweet first name for the little guy :wub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Reminds me of that Milo and Otis movie with the pug :lol: I do love the first name, it's so sweet! Mickey is a sweet first name for the little guy :wub:

I agree, I think Mickey is an adorable name.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Isn't one of Billie's dogs called Mickey? :lol: I agree it's a cute name though. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's mentioned Mickey the dog :lol: But I agree it's a cute name 

• Like 1

This has maybe been said before, but there are a lot of "Rocky" (movie) references in the GD family: Rocky, Billie's dog who passed away last year; Mickey = Rocky's trainer; Adrienne, Billie's wife & Adrian, Rocky's wife.  Of course, none of them may be on purpose, especially not Adrienne, but it's still funny to observe. :P Apart from that, I love Mickey as a first name. 

I don't want to reignite the "debate" that's been going on in the last couple of pages, but just say this in general and also responding to @LaughingClock and @Billie Hoe (this is long so I put it in a spoiler).

Spoiler

1) First, @LaughingClock I don't think you're sexist at all. I also think women are more mature in general, not even me particularly, but I've had a boyfriend 5 years older than me and it didn't fit, and when I meet guys around 30-35 years old, I still tend to find most of them quite immature, even when they're smart. Take Billie for example, with a woman very slightly older with whom it fits perfectly (and Billie is the exception in the couple, with his uncommon depth, intelligence and sensibility not only as a man, but as a person). And Billie is the least sexist man on Earth, extremely respectful of women. Yet, Billie and Adie seem to function like most harmonious couples where the two are around the same age: unsurprisingly, Billie is the goofy (and the most immature) one, and Adie is the level-headed (and most mature) one. Even with Billie's sharp intelligence and total absence of sexism. So it may show that that difference doesn't come from the sexist society we live in (at least, not necessarily), but from natural differences between men and women, and I'm fine with it. I like goofiness, I like a bit of immaturity with men, as long as it doesn't go along with sexism, or (especially for young people) with carelessness, which leads their female partner to take care of them way more than women want to, and way more than they tend to do naturally anyways towards their men (by their maternal instinct, and I totally believe in it). I don't like prosaic men, too serious or pure intellectuals, too much. I have my own opinions on everything I hear, some I do find aggressive from men to women, some I don't, as saying women are more mature, it's something I say myself. On the other hand, I don't think women are more or less intelligent or brave than men, for example. It completely depends on the people. Yes, men are in general stronger (sometimes a lot) than women, and that's something I don't mind. Men can want to take advantage of women but good men also protect women. Women have their counterpart by being generally more caring.

As for sexism in general, I think few are the men who are completely sexist, a lot are extremely courteous, some say things that are really sexist but they can't figure it out. I'm not excusing them but they are just sometimes unable to comprehend why it is offensive towards women. And the men who can say stupid sexist things are often the ones who are also intolerant in other areas, such as sexual orientation, human races, or even body weight especially when it comes to women... I had a conversation with my two bosses the other day, both men in their fifties, and even though I like them both a lot and this conversation didn't changed anything to it, I realized how conservative they are in their way of thinking. Even though they are nice, both very courteous and well intentioned, I really saw how intolerant thoughts they can have, and it was more surprising for me on areas such as homosexuality, than hearing the slightly sexist stuff (to which I always reply, lightheartedly if possible, to keep the exchange going on but to show them it is not normal) I could hear from them, for example "women can do several things at the same time, while men can't", which is small stuff, but already not true, a brain only thinks to one thing at a time, and everybody can do several things at the same time with training (and I replied that to him). And my boss also said once "men are very polygamous, women are very monogamous", and it made me laugh because the next day I read a quote of Billie saying "I am very monogamous". :lol: So generalizing things like that are wrong, but even if someone is narrow-minded enough to think and spread that stuff, well, I think it's better to keep interacting with that person and work on that instead of forcing beliefs in or out. Beliefs evolve, with time and experience, they evolve good or bad, but they can't be forced.

Sometimes the line is hard to draw between harmless, actions or beliefs, and sexism. I once couldn't help but giggle when hearing an homosexual guy speak to me in a very stereotypical manner, I was surprised, found that funny (it was very stereotypical, totally assumed) and laughed. He wasn't at all offended, I didn't even had to say why I laughed, people around could think I was homophobic or something, while it's totally false. So you can't judge people all the time for everything they say or even do, that's wrong.

As another example, my ex that I mentioned is the opposite to people like my bosses, he's leftist to the extreme, anti-liberal, in one word communist which I don't feel comfortable with, and he wants to be everything but sexist. But that leads him to overreact, for example, when we broke up, he kept texting me, I texted back asking him to stop which he wouldn't do, and my dad proposed me to send him a message himself, and the message was extremely nice. But my ex answered him in a very aggressive way, calling him sexist towards me, accusing him of seeing me like a sexual object, because my dad had written "you will find other girls". It almost made me laugh, how is that sexist? as for myself, I hope to find other men, what's the big deal?

2) As for coming on the forum, I appreciate every one on here for their differences, even if I don't like every post and don't agree all the time (of course!), there is something cool and refreshing to come here for me. I live alone, I love to see my friends whenever I can, I see my parents regularly too, but I also love to come on here when I'm home, alone and have time. I don't necessarily come every day either, never been fond of internet even if it's a great time filler when you're bored, I hate social media and it's the first and only forum where I'm active, because of my love for Green Day, and of the people and discussions on here. Of course, first of all it's great to be sharing my passion on here whereas in real life, I hardly have people to share it with. In a more general way, I agree that when virtual life is supplanting real life that's too bad, and it happens a lot especially in a collective way, people listen to trends on social media and can easily become really stupid, to say it shortly. That's what happened for the GD fans threatening Jeff's ex. (Or the yellow vests calling out Macron in France for him pronouncing a syllable, give me a break!)

But I don't agree that people posting a lot on internet, on here for instance, don't have any life, I think it's not fair to say that to @Billie Hoe. We don't know what people do. What does "having a life" mean? I struggled a lot in my life, now I go out, work, take care of myself as much as possible, have precious friends, but I still feel like a complete weirdo, loser and totally useless, but that's also what brought me to Green Day, and I feel like these things will always stay with me, to some extent. I can spend days without doing anything useful, you don't even need to go on internet to waste your time. What's useful? I used to stress myself out but wanting to fill all my time with useful things, or wanting to only eat healthy things for instance. Now, I spend most of my free time doing useless stuff that I come up with, not doing at all what I can plan to do, eating whatever I want, not giving a shit that I don't look like anything, I don't look sexy, feminine or whatever. But also, learning to do dumb stuff I like to do, just for myself, even if it's useless in a way, is something that helped me be more compassionate with myself, and with others, to breathe a little, and to stay alive. So in the end it's not so useless. I can include spending time on internet, building your own opinions on what you read. And I don't think when you come here saying your stuff (that I read entirely in the last pages) is useless, even for yourself, I think it's better to say the things that come out. It may be useful for others too, like in the way that you end up saying you hardly give a shit about what people will think, and that's something I still worry too much about, in real and virtual life. So I like to read it written by others, not giving a shit about people's opinion of you, it helps me.

3) Just coming back to Jeff's incident, I don't want to start the debate all over again, but I found interesting the parallel that was drawn between Jeff's ways and Billie's ways. Feeling temporary and irrational anger is human, throwing it up on social media is a bad idea, and people's reactions to it is often stupid and ugly. It's funny because Billie seems much more unhinged than anyone else around him, in many ways, and we all seem to love it. I do a lot. It's not necessarily about anger, most of the time it isn't, but it made me think of Billie reacting very strongly to someone saying on his Instagram in January, after he posted something Trump-related "I hate to sound like a dick Billie but you're liberal, people have the right to support Trump, and what you say won't change anything to Trump supporters". Can I ask @Billie Hoe , since you think Jeff has behaved as an asshole, and that you said that if Billie had the kind of behavior Jeff has had, it would upset you a lot since you're much more a fan of Billie's (as I am), what is your own opinion about Billie's reaction to that fan? and anyone interested, if we can have a civil conversation, I'm not at all asking this belligerently, I'm genuinely wondering.

I'll give my take on it and the comparison between both cases: 

I felt that that person was probably a real fan, not necessarily a Trump supporter, and that Billie became angry in an irrational way, beyond respect. For me, it has been difficult to see him react like that, I felt that he had put to much of himself in denouncing Trump and was very hurt when someone was suggesting all these efforts were useless, hence his reaction, but that reaction was immature, he could have expressed that he was hurt with respect and consideration.

Jeff apologized after he was called out, I think he would have anyways, but Billie was more or less called out on his own Instagram (people didn't dare to as much as with Jeff), anyways he didn't apologize, and I pity this poor guy he responded to like that. Of course this person wasn't very smart in this comment (when you're discouraging him like this, what can you expect Billie will say? "Yes you're right it won't change anything"? no, ideally he could have said "I believe in change and I don't need to be told what to post, I will keep posting what I want and what you say won't change anything, there you go! also to me it isn't about being literal or conservative as I said in my initial post", but with the emotion, he didn't say that, he personally attacked the user who made that comment, which is... just... mean.) I have no idea what Billie thought afterwards of what he had written, he didn't express it, but he surely thought it over, since afterwards he answered to possible trolls more briefly and without personal attacks: "the way I choose to run my account is my fucking business" for instance.

At the same time, it may be very selfish of me but, there's definitely something I like in the imperfection (and the badness) itself of Billie's reaction, because it just shows how everyone can be irrational, immature, blinded by anger, and Billie wasn't afraid of showing that he could be like that, even if it adds to his contradictions (praising peace, compassion and respect, which he totally believes in), but every one has contradictions, and imperfections, Billie shows them and he didn't apologize. I wondered why he didn't, maybe it's pride, maybe it's because he hated too much what that person had commented and didn't want to be the one publicly showing regrets, maybe because he knows things like that on social media aren't inevitable even if you work on it, like saying: this is social media, this is what you write when you find yourself with an immediate, raw anger, which at the moment you feel you're not rational enough not to post, and that can happen as long as you hang on such places. What I'm sure of is that, in real life, if Billie and this supposed fan had this exchange, it would never had turned this way, because when you hear people talking to you, when you look at them in the eyes, you feel compassion and when there's respect on both sides, it stays civil.

What do you think? :D (If mods don't want this to take place, I'm okay with it, but I think it's interesting.)

Other random thought: take a close look on Billie's polka dot tie (you can widely zoom on this pic) and you'll see that it's made in China, unfortunately (or fortunately as a big fuck you to Trump, who knows :ga:?) I know, this is dumb because almost everything is made in China, but it's funny to see it for the tie :P 

146787_5510JPG.jpg

• Love 2

• Liam unpinned this topic