Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Literally every time I’ve gotten in my car for the last five days I’ve heard Green Day on the radio. Thursday I caught Brain Stew/Jaded and Minority back to back. Saturday I heard BOBD. Sunday I heard When I Come Around. Just now I came back from the store and heard American Idiot. These are short fifteen minute trips. Both FM and satellite stations, and songs from four different albums. Not bad, either I’ve gotten extremely lucky with my timing or GD is getting an airplay boost. 

• Like 3

I'll soon be getting my driving license and oh boy, I can't wait to pass Revolution Radio (album... or song :eyebrows:) in the car!! Way louder than all the rap I keep listening in cars!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grubby Poop said:

Forever Now just came up on my playlist. I haven't listened to it in awhile and it's still spectacular.

I can never listen to it only once - its glorious.

4 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I'll soon be getting my driving license and oh boy, I can't wait to pass Revolution Radio (album... or song :eyebrows:) in the car!! Way louder than all the rap I keep listening in cars!

Bang Bang is perfect for the car & so is DOS😋

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Insider said:

Bang Bang is perfect for the car & so is DOS😋

Foxies too. Great car record!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Yep.

I was just listening to Nimrod and cannot believe I haven’t paid any attention to the track listing, going from Take Back to KFAD, how big a change is that!!!

And then Good Riddance! I love the crazy variation at that part too. And just to mix things up even more they stick another song at the end instead of going with GR as the obvious closer. The way Nimrod is ordered is the best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

And then Good Riddance! I love the crazy variation at that part too. And just to mix things up even more they stick another song at the end instead of going with GR as the obvious closer. The way Nimrod is ordered is the best.

It funny how something so familiar can strike you for no apparent reason.  I had to double check the track listing with Prosthetic Head after Good Riddance, I think we have become to used to GR being an ending song, it's surprising when you realise it isn't on the album!

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

Wasn't Nimrod the one where BJ said he was literally writing lyrics whilst recording.  Perhaps that has something to do with it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Wasn't Nimrod the one where BJ said he was literally writing lyrics whilst recording.  Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Alice in Chains had an album like that, too. Their self titled album was a shit show to write but turned out beautifully. 90% of the songs Layne Staley wrote while singing. This was because they were being rushed and given 9 days to make an album 

7 hours ago, The Insider said:

I still can't believe that when they're so good :lol:. But yeah I guess that probably is part of the reason why it's so varied. The actual ordering seems very deliberate though which I like, seems like once they had all these varied songs they specifically wanted them in a weird order to contrast them as much as possible. Like literally having a chilled out "interval" with Last Ride In in the middle of the album and then coming back with crazy energetic Jinx, it's so great.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hermione said:

I still can't believe that when they're so good :lol:. But yeah I guess that probably is part of the reason why it's so varied. The actual ordering seems very deliberate though which I like, seems like once they had all these varied songs they specifically wanted them in a weird order to contrast them as much as possible. Like literally having a chilled out "interval" with Last Ride In in the middle of the album and then coming back with crazy energetic Jinx, it's so great.

& downunder we got bonus tracks on top of that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

When I got into Green Day everyone on Piczo and MSN had usernames like minnesota-girl and xminnesotagirlx. 12 year-old me had no idea where or what Minnesota was. I thought it was some kind of twirling that only Americans and edgy British fans understood. Adrienne must have been really good at it. Kind of disappointing it's just a state :lol: 

Reminds me of when Adrienne first made her Instagram and it took a while for people to believe it was really her because the name sounds like a million fan accounts lol

• Haha 2

My boyfriend doesn't like "Kill the DJ" and it makes me sad because that is my happy J A M

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kaylubd said:

The hook from Kill the DJ was my ringtone for a while :lol: 

The lead in to DRB is still mine🤣 & I don't even like the song....

One of my family members plopped a Halestorm song into my Longshot spotify playlist😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This picture resurfaced for me and I was reminded again of how odd I've always thought it was. What's going on here? :huh: Who is this woman and what is she doing? It looks like she's trying to listen to Billie's heart beating or something. This could go in a pictures thread, but it's more of a random thought than anything else. I've just always thought it was a weird picture. :lol:

7034f6cf-043f-4812-be4e-4f52ec443d60-ori

5 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

This picture resurfaced for me and I was reminded again of how odd I've always thought it was. What's going on here? :huh: Who is this woman and what is she doing? It looks like she's trying to listen to Billie's heart beating or something. This could go in a pictures thread, but it's more of a random thought than anything else. I've just always thought it was a weird picture. :lol:

I love how billie is just like "Kill me now" 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Liam unpinned this topic