Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I'm so glad that Billie was able to make a career out of being a musician, not just because he gets to do what he loves or because he's written and released so many amazing songs that have become the soundtrack to our lives, but also because he's gotten to meet so many of his idols and even perform with some of them. That must be like a dream come true for him and it makes me so fucking happy every time I see him experience it.:wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Does Billie ever wear a watch? 

Wow now you mention it I don't think I've ever once seen him wearing one

40 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Wow now you mention it I don't think I've ever once seen him wearing one

Ditto.... It's been bugging/amusing me for the last few months, I haven't found 1 photo with him wearing one, at any age! 

Just now, Goofygoldfish said:

Ditto.... It's been bugging/amusing me for the last few months, I haven't found 1 photo with him wearing one, at any age! 

This is a revelation to me :lol:, I can't stand not wearing a watch. Does anyone have evidence of Billie ever wearing one?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This is a revelation to me :lol:, I can't stand not wearing a watch. Does anyone have evidence of Billie ever wearing one?

Ha, as a watch wearer I noticed years ago that he doesn’t ever wear a watch, apart from the BITUSA video when someone put one on him!  I am sure there is one pic of him wearing a watch from a good number of years of ago now, can’t remember if it was at an award ceremony or something but it’s the only place pic I’ve ever spotted of him with one. Hopefully someone has it?

Lol I'm just starting to get back to wearing a watch regularly, but wow...now that you mentioned it, I've never seen Billie wear one! 

7 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Im listening to the Longshot on spotify - it was a lovely surprise this year.

It’s still in my current playlist. So good! 

• Like 1

Just rediscovered this, and it makes me laugh and cringe in equal measure. Mostly laugh at how cringe worthy it is! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My favourite thing about it is how the lyrics come from old rap songs (when I saw the title Like a Rat Does Cheese, a 2 Live Crew line, I thought there was no possible way this could really be a Green Day song), and that he'd actually go to the trouble of making a song where the joke is he's turned rap lyrics into a country song when only the tiny percentage of Green Day fans who also happen to be familiar with late 80s/early 90s gangsta rap specifically are going to pick up on it :lol:. As one of them it pleases me greatly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On top of that: The genius of this is that the country-style / rural red-neck folk that always claim to be "pro-conservative family values and restraint" (and anti-gay) are often actually the ones who (in secret) fetishise the act of sex the most (which they claim is something only those liberal "degenerate" people do). So, it's genius in various ways actually... I've also always thought Tre was so damn good at making fun of that accent and culture as well, he nails the quintessence of it every time!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

On top of that: The genius of this is that the country-style / rural red-neck folk that always claim to be "pro-conservative family values and restraint" (and anti-gay) are often actually the ones who (in secret) fetishise the act of sex the most (which they claim is something only those liberal "degenerate" people do). So, it's genius in various ways actually... I've also always thought Tre was so damn good at making fun of that accent and culture as well, he nails the quintessence of it every time!

Didn't even think of that aspect! Also some early country music from square dances etc was kind of similar to rap in the way it was called out over the music and some of it could be pretty dirty, the two genres do share some roots. So it's an interesting combo all round.

Also whenever I hear it I think of Tre in his NWA hat :D 

Tfc0OT6.jpg

• Like 3

It's nimrod's 21st birthday and I was just listening to it and took a pee break during King For A Day 🤣

also, I love the "red blooded amannequin" line in prosthetic head

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

It's nimrod's 21st birthday and I was just listening to it and took a pee break during King For A Day 🤣

BEST POST OF THE YEAR

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2018 at 9:28 AM, Maddie86 said:

Damn that's a long pee. What were you drinking?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I just watched Ordinary World(for the first time) and Billie was just so cute and adorable in it 😍

That’s what I watched on my flight to vegas for vacation. Entertaining and better than the inflight tv options. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, squashie09 said:

That’s what I watched on my flight to vegas for vacation. Entertaining and better than the inflight tv options. 

Sweet. And I bet it was more entertaining than airplane tv XD

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

I don't know if she is a fangirl or just being creepy, but I realized this morning that my drawing teacher was following my Pinterest board about Billie Joe for months. :lol: It also means she knows how hard I'm working in her class when we're using the computer lab. :shifty:

Now, that's a power move :lol:

I just realized that I've never seen Billie Joe yawn. Or eat, for that matter. This just convinces me even more that he is some kind of mysterious, mythical being. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I just realized that I've never seen Billie Joe yawn. Or eat, for that matter. This just convinces me even more that he is some kind of mysterious, mythical being. :lol:

I present to you, Billie Joe & Mike inhaling chips & salsa interview

• Haha 3

Another random thought I had this morning was this: I remembered that Billie once mentioned that he basically forced himself to throw up just to prove a point to Dave Grohl once. That's pretty dedicated, but also disgusting. He's a strange person. 😂

• Sad 1

• Liam unpinned this topic