Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

37 minutes ago, Hermione said:

That's a great recording of the song :wub: (although FBHT in the middle of the day is so wrong lol)

That's so true :lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Oh yeah there is that, with Billie with an old lady's shawl on his head for unexplained reasons. But still I want more :P 

That's a great recording of the song :wub: (although FBHT in the middle of the day is so wrong lol)

By that account a sober hot tubs is wrong too but it will never be what it was and that’s okay.

I think that A Quick stands by its own due the fact that Green Day actually arranged the song and incorporates things that aren't in the original version. For me, is the main reason why I like that cover so much :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

By that account a sober hot tubs is wrong too but it will never be what it was and that’s okay.

Not really, they played a sober show at night and it looked great. Broad daylight at a festival just isn't the right atmosphere for an intimate swinging 60's party booze or no booze :P. I'm sure the show was still extremely awesome but it's just better suited to being a last minute secret late night in a club.

😂😂😂 Sorry Billie, but see #11

http://www.obsev.com/galleries/slang-that-makes-you-sound-old/658919?utm_content=inf_10_4093_2&utm_source=WHM&utm_campaign=fijifrost&tse_id=INF_d2bc2c60106c11e8b29907daa8112220

““Home skillet” is very reminiscent of “That’s So Raven.” “Home slice” was a fun, modern way to refer to a friend, and “home skillet” felt like a step above. But don’t try calling your bros this today, because honestly you’ll just sound very, very old.”

😂😂😂

Reference for anyone who missed it:

I miss him on Twitter 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I miss him on Twitter 😢

Same.:cry: Even if it is old people slang, it's better than nothing.:lol::(

EDIT: I've just realised that the word 'hella' is on that list too. Oh Billie, you old man.:lol:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Same.:cry: Even if it is old people slang, it's better than nothing.:lol::(

EDIT: I've just realised that the word 'hella' is on that list too. Oh Billie, you old man.:lol:

He'd defend saying hella to the teeth because it's a Bay Area word and he wants to make sure everyone knows it :lol: 

• Like 2

Scattered is so fucking good.:happy: It's been my go-to song for weeks now. The lyrics are so damn beautiful.:wub: And it sounds amazing acoustic too.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Scattered is so fucking good.:happy: It's been my go-to song for weeks now. The lyrics are so damn beautiful.:wub: And it sounds amazing acoustic too.

I love Scattered, such a beautiful song. After it had been my favourite song for 13 years I finally got to hear it live last year :wub:

I don't seem to have the same adulation for Scattered as everyone else does, but it's definitely a great song. But I wouldn't put it in my top 10. I will say I was over the moon when they played it on the club tour :wub:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I don't seem to have the same adulation for Scattered as everyone else does, but it's definitely a great song. But I wouldn't put it in my top 10. I will say I was over the moon when they played it on the club tour :wub:

I wouldn't put it in my top 10 (neither in my top 20, probably) but nevertheless, it's one of the GD songs that move me the most. Musically, it's rather subtle than blasting, but what touches me the most are some lyrics: Gagging on a souvenir / lodged to fill another year for example... I think of it as one of the purest and deepest songs Billie has written. Perhaps to me it has a too desperate sound to be one of my favorites (while I easily sing along to Lazy Bones and Restless Heart Syndrome for instance... weird) 

• Like 1

I really love Billie's vocals on 39/Smooth. Voice of an absolute angel.:wub: He's always had such a beautiful voice.

• Love 2

I'd really like that Green Day would make an album with the sound and flavor for the Stop, Drop and Roll album. I just like it so much. Dark Side of Night is a killer!

• Like 1

Whenever I speak of my passion of Green Day to people who don't know who they are (and that happens quite often!), I take a great pleasure into showing them pictures of Billie during the RevRad tour, hear them say "nah, you know, I'm not really into new bands..." and then see their reaction when I say this band has been on for 30 years. They're all like : "but this guy looks 30! how can I not be aware of that band :shok:". Even though the reaction turns out to be quite predictable, it's an absolute delight for me every time :lol:

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

Whenever I speak of my passion of Green Day to people who don't know who they are (and that happens quite often!), I take a great pleasure into showing them pictures of Billie during the RevRad tour, hear them say "nah, you know, I'm not really into new bands..." and then see their reaction when I say this band has been on for 30 years. They're all like : "but this guy looks 30! how can I not be aware of that band :shok:". Even though the reaction turns out to be quite predictable, it's an absolute delight for me every time :lol:

That reminds me of the first time my grandad ever saw Billie. He saw the AI video (in which Billie would have been 32), and he said "By, that singer looks young." I asked him how old he thought Billie was, and he said 14.:lol: He almost had a heart attack when I told him that Billie was 32 in the video and 44 in present time (this happened a couple of years ago).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

Oh dear :lol: He doesn't even look that young 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

I'm genuinely surprised that you find that many people who've never heard of Green Day. Have they been living under a rock?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

I'm genuinely surprised that you find that many people who've never heard of Green Day. Have they been living under a rock?

Even though they're popular around the world they're definitely more of a household name in the US than they are elsewhere, most people know them but it's far from everyone. Like how they can just be randomly referenced in sitcoms and stuff, that would never happen in Europe. The 90s alternative US rock thing wasn't nearly as big outside the US so it's probably the same for a lot of those bands.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

As @Hermione and @Christian's Inferno! said, in France notably there aren't so many people who know Green Day, and if they know some of the few hits that get heard on the radio, they most often don't know it's Green Day; and the only people (including musicians) whom I talked about Green Day and who knew the band's name, had stopped to Dookie era or American Idiot era, anyways they had no idea Green Day were still around after all these years. 

17 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Oh dear :lol: He doesn't even look that young 

I agree, but I think it must depend on the photos; I remember the first time I showed my boss a picture of Billie in 2017 (a random picture from a February gig) he thought he was 25, which nearly surprised me :lol: Also, my boss has been doing his job for more than 30 years (34 exactly, and he was the youngest lawyer of 1984 French promotion at age 23) so when I told him some other guy has been doing his own stuff for more than 30 years and he sees that agile, smol guy with a huge smile and a bunch of curly hair... :P

• Haha 2

I was rewatching the Wrigley interview this morning where Billie and Tre were making fun of the Wonder Twins. Now I'm sitting in a waiting room, looking at Green Day's instagram birthday wish to Billie when I hear "form of an ice patch!" on the tv. Waiting room has some Wonder Twins show on. :lol:

• Haha 1

I wonder if Billie's Wikipedia page got trolled often. I had some malicious intentions with it earlier today and discovered it's locked for editing to protect it from vandalism. :(

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic