Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

4 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Thanks! I didn't know about this one. I think there was at least one other I've come across from the early days. Just wish there was some where he didn't play it almost exactly like the electric version, haha. 

Yeah, there are at least 14.  I love them because some are such deep cuts.  How often do you hear Reject?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHART said:

The announcement should happen this week I hope - another band (Biffy Clyro) just announced a tour.  I thought for sure they would be at Download 

Yeah would think they'd announce it before the UK lineup drops. Who knows.

• Like 1

I just realized today how fucking closely I associate 1039/smooth with early summer. Like, I can literally listen to any song off that album, and instantly smell chlorine and hot plastic (don't ask :lol:) and feel 90+ degree heatwaves. It's weird :lol:  (especially irritating since it'll be fucking SNOWING soon).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I just realized today how fucking closely I associate 1039/smooth with early summer. Like, I can literally listen to any song off that album, and instantly smell chlorine and hot plastic (don't ask :lol:) and feel 90+ degree heatwaves. It's weird :lol:  (especially irritating since it'll be fucking SNOWING soon).

Now that you mention it, it does actually feel like a summer album to me. I associate Nimrod with summer too, as I bought it in a record shop in a seaside town in the summer of 2006 :cool: 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 10:52 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

The next time Billie rants about cell phones at concerts I’m gonna pull out this video of him looking at his phone while he’s performing and laugh my ass off 😂

Haha, I’m guessing he had the lyrics on his phone and was checking them so he didn’t mess up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

Haha, I’m guessing he had the lyrics on his phone and was checking them so he didn’t mess up.

I thought so too but the timing didn’t seem right. 

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I love it when Walking Contradiction comes on when I'm walking around outside.  I like to pretend I'm in the video, but then I realize I should probably pay attention to traffic because getting hit by a car would probably hurt.  Damn real life.

But you’d be fine. Everyone around you would have to watch out. :lol:  That actually reminds me of this week’s episode of the Flash. They had a baddie on who had such good luck that everyone around her had nothing but bad luck. It was a lot like the video. Of course the Flash had to put a stop to that.

So at work, we're doing a little Halloween treat bag secret Santa type thing. I came in on Monday and saw my bag and inside was a paper lantern :shifty: I don't think anyone here is a GD fan, but I'd like to think it's related to them anyway :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I thought so too but the timing didn’t seem right. 

How so? He seemed to check it in between when he had to sing. I didn't mean he was reading them. More like "the next verse is...oh right." *puts phone away* sings verse. 

1 hour ago, gaslight13 said:

How so? He seemed to check it in between when he had to sing. I didn't mean he was reading them. More like "the next verse is...oh right." *puts phone away* sings verse. 

Yeah maybe. I thought he spent more time looking after he was done singing but could be. Either way it was funny.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kaylubd said:

So at work, we're doing a little Halloween treat bag secret Santa type thing. I came in on Monday and saw my bag and inside was a paper lantern :shifty: I don't think anyone here is a GD fan, but I'd like to think it's related to them anyway :lol:

Me when i'm reaching so hard for a connection :lol:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Montclare said:

I love it when Walking Contradiction comes on when I'm walking around outside.  I like to pretend I'm in the video, but then I realize I should probably pay attention to traffic because getting hit by a car would probably hurt.  Damn real life.

Relating to this 100% :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

I had a pretty nasty nightmare last night but at some point Billies voice started transcending into my dream and slowly woke me up, and I realized I fell asleep while listening to music, and 21 Guns was playing at the moment :cry::wub: Always saving me from myself. It was such a nice feeling to just lay there neither asleep nor awake, and just listen to Billie's voice until I fell back into a calm sleep.💖😭

gives "one nation under god" a whole new meaning 😏

This is so endearing :wub:...but how do you fall asleep listening to Green Day? Their music is so bouncy - always makes me want to dance/party/sing along/jump jump jump, not sleep :P

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billie Joe Armstrong said:

This is so endearing :wub:...but how do you fall asleep listening to Green Day? Their music is so bouncy - always makes me want to dance/party/sing along/jump jump jump, not sleep :P

I can fall asleep to any music :D Sometimes I can only fall asleep when I listen to music. :) 

• Like 2

I know it came out two years after the movie, but I've always felt that Prosthetic Head would have fit in perfectly on the Clueless soundtrack.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic