Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Turn it up REAL loud ;)

still i cannot hear it...and can not turn it more louder...whatever Im deaf

still i cannot hear it...and can not turn it more louder...whatever Im deaf

Which version of 1,039/SOSH are you listening to? Because I'm referring to the original, unmastered version.

Was listening to a random playlist pretty loudly through my headphones and Going to Pasalacqua came on. I can't believe I only just noticed it, but there's a very faint "Here we go again" in the background right before he sings "Here we go again" at the start. I mean I guess you wouldn't hear it if you never listened to it at a much higher volume than normal, but still...can't believe I only realised it now! :P

We talked about this about a gorillion years ago in some thread, it's pretty cool. If you have the multitracks from Rock Band you can hear it in the acapellas of other tracks as well.

What this means is that, when recording, Billie's headphones are playing another vocal track a little bit ahead of where he's singing. Lord knows why.

Which version of 1,039/SOSH are you listening to? Because I'm referring to the original, unmastered version.

aahh. that explains it. I listened it on Spotify so yeah...

We talked about this about a gorillion years ago in some thread, it's pretty cool. If you have the multitracks from Rock Band you can hear it in the acapellas of other tracks as well.

What this means is that, when recording, Billie's headphones are playing another vocal track a little bit ahead of where he's singing. Lord knows why.

Probably because his ability to remember his own lyrics is pretty much non-existent.

So I'm not insane! :lol:

Yeah, it's kind of like a nice little recording glitch to discover :lol:

Ah, there you go :D

-

lol, just remembered a strange moment I had recently. I was at the Slam Dunk festival in the UK a couple of weeks ago and I was talking to Chris from Less Than Jake at one of the aftershow parties; at one point we got talking about Green Day. He knows they're my favourite band so he was like: "Here's an interesting story about Green Day that you might not know." And he started telling me that when LTJ recorded Anthem in the early 00's, they did it out in LA and Rob Cavallo wored with them extensively on it. It was also around the time of the Cigarettes and Valentines scandal, and he was like: "You know, there's this whole bullshit story going around about them "losing" the tapes for that album or whatever, or they were stolen, but that's not true. The album was total crap, Warner Bros. didn't want it. They told them to go back and make a proper album. That's what happened. So American Idiot wasn't this "happy accident". And you know, Rob Cavallo told me some pretty insane shit about Green Day that I could never share with anyone, ever. Like, crazy stuff. But I will tell you that one time, in like 2002 or something, we played a cricket ground in Manchester with them and we stole their tour bus."

....if anything, it gave me a laugh :lol:

this 'insane shit' has made me terrified but intrigued too haha

Is Tre milking a dog not quite bad enough? :P

• Like 2

Yeah same, I didn't ask though because I knew he wouldn't tell me. Especially because he was dead serious when he said it, which is unusual for him. I'm sure I'll find out some day though, I'll ask him when he's drunk :P

It's funny though because Green Day is one of his favourite bands but he's always talking shit about the trilogy, haha.

Those kinds of conversations are always surreal for me though, because it's like, I'm talking to one of my favourite musicians about my other favourite musicians :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah same, I didn't ask though because I knew he wouldn't tell me. Especially because he was dead serious when he said it, which is unusual for him. I'm sure I'll find out some day though, I'll ask him when he's drunk :P

It's funny though because Green Day is one of his favourite bands but he's always talking shit about the trilogy, haha.

Those kinds of conversations are always surreal for me though, because it's like, I'm talking to one of my favourite musicians about my other favourite musicians :lol:

Are you allowed or want to say what the shit talk about the trilogy is - its ok if it was said in confidence & you can't.

Are you allowed or want to say what the shit talk about the trilogy is - its ok if it was said in confidence & you can't.

If you go to a LTJ show you'll probably hear him say something like: "Our latest album is better than the last 3 Green Day albums put together!" :lol:

He just doesn't like the trilogy, but to be honest, I don't even know if he's given it a fair listen because he also said that he hadn't really kept tabs on them since 21st Century Breakdown. And when I said that I thought Uno was really good and that it was classic Green Day sounding, he was like: "Oh ok, fair enough."

They did cover Brain Stew at a recent show I went to too :lol:

If you go to a LTJ show you'll probably hear him say something like: "Our latest album is better than the last 3 Green Day albums put together!" :lol:

He just doesn't like the trilogy, but to be honest, I don't even know if he's given it a fair listen because he also said that he hadn't really kept tabs on them since 21st Century Breakdown. And when I said that I thought Uno was really good and that it was classic Green Day sounding, he was like: "Oh ok, fair enough."

They did cover Brain Stew at a recent show I went to too :lol:

Unfortunately they were on my list to see at soundwave & it didn't work out. I was just curious because the record company said C&V was crap & ditch it - well someone must have liked the trilogy.

Unfortunately they were on my list to see at soundwave & it didn't work out. I was just curious because the record company said C&V was crap & ditch it - well someone must have liked the trilogy.

Ha yeah, and I even said that. I was like: "But if they said that about Cigarettes and Valentines, then how did the Trilogy go down?" :lol:

But I know even with LTJ, when they recorded In With the Out Crowd, they had a alternative version of Overrated with different lyrics that Warner Bros. wouldn't let them release so they had to change it to the current one. I dunno, I just figured that bands had more autonomy when it came to recording. Maybe different circumstances and all that...

Ha yeah, and I even said that. I was like: "But if they said that about Cigarettes and Valentines, then how did the Trilogy go down?" :lol:

But I know even with LTJ, when they recorded In With the Out Crowd, they had a alternative version of Overrated with different lyrics that Warner Bros. wouldn't let them release so they had to change it to the current one. I dunno, I just figured that bands had more autonomy when it came to recording. Maybe different circumstances and all that...

That's true GD probably don't need to run anything by warner - wonder if that has now changed.

That's true GD probably don't need to run anything by warner - wonder if that has now changed.

Yeah, not sure. It was just such a weird conversation :lol:

but then we both agreed how amazing they are live :D

think he caught them at soundwave

• Like 1

Don't forget that Warning flopped commercially, so Warner wouldn't have wanted to put out another poor album. But now after AI and 21st Century Breakdown, the band might have a bit more leeway on that kind of thing. You can guarantee that Warner won't allow another crap GD album now though, not after how dire the Trilogy was. I wonder if we'll have another 'lost' album in the next few years...?

• Like 1

Bashing the trilogy is our duty as Green Day fans.

And Warning is at least musically amazing.

• Like 2

I am like the biggest Green Day fan ever but I'm not a huge fan of the trilogy I can listen to it but sometimes some of the songs I just don't feel like listening to. Is that bad?

I am like the biggest Green Day fan ever but I'm not a huge fan of the trilogy I can listen to it but sometimes some of the songs I just don't feel like listening to. Is that bad?

you must be new here
  • Like 2

Why do you say that?

The Trilogy is easily the most hated thing Green Day have ever done on here. Check out the Unpopular Opinions thread, it's actually quite unpopular to like it.

it's actually quite unpopular to like it.

Especially Dos.

As a whole I don't really like the trilogy compared to other albums; in saying that, I think that some of the songs are fantastic. Baby Eyes for example, despite the lyrics, is amazing and I could listen to it all day. Same with Amanda, Little Boy Named Train, and Wow! That's Loud.

But as a whole, yeah, it's not so good.

I like the Trilogy for the most part - Dos is my least favourite (mainly due to Nightlife, to a lesser extent Ashley), but they're still good. I still prefer the older stuff though (but not by too much).

it's actually quite unpopular to like it.

It's not though. It's mostly just the same few people who repeatedly post about not liking it in that thread on an almost daily basis, it's evident from other threads such as the threads to discuss the albums after they came out that lots of people here like it as well (even if it isn't most people's favourite). You can't judge much from a thread specifically for posting mostly negative opinions.

• Like 2

It's not my favourite album but 21st Century is the best thing they've ever done

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic