Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

By the way, I still have not seen Billie Joe in the role of Charlie Chaplin in Drunk History. I can't find any videos.

I was searching for that for the longest time and the most I found was like a one minute clip (I can't even remember where it was now) but I think it was a silent clip with voiceover narration. He didnt have any lines (old timey silent movie) and he looks so much like Chaplin you couldn't even tell it was him.

If you have Hulu, it's on there.

• Thanks 2

That's was totally worth it @Montclare   Really cute. I'd only seen the second bit (his scene with Buster) but the first one was 100x better. The KKK thing and their reactions were hilarious. 😂

I hope there'll be specific merch for Rose Bowl like there was for Oakland and Wrigley. If I make it there I'm legit considering taking out a loan to buy the jacket :lol: 

• Like 1

If you have Hulu, it's on there.

I've just realised I still can't watch it. Hulu isn't available in Canada. :cry:

On 20/08/2017 at 10:41 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

See the Light is sooo derivative. When I hear it, it always reminds me of this song:

and I want to bludgeon myself. 😩

Oh boy.

So, I was watching some Pentatonix videos and thought "I wonder what a Green Day medley by Pentatonix would sound like?" I mean, if they can cover "Bohemian Rhapsody" flawlessly, I'm sure they can find some way to make a Green Day medley work. :D Plus, I feel like Billie, Mike, and Tre would be honored. <3 

• Like 1

I finally made my own trilogy playlist and I love it :D I still think Uno is probably their worst album though. Only two songs from it made it onto my playlist

2 hours ago, AmyxLongview said:

I finally made my own trilogy playlist and I love it :D I still think Uno is probably their worst album though. Only two songs from it made it onto my playlist

I feel like such a horrible fan but, I haven't listened to the trilogy all the way through yet. xD I need to find time to do that. lol! "Kill The DJ" is catchy but, very repetitive. haha! Also, since the election this past year, I think of "DJ" as Donald Trump. Cause y'know... the first letter of his first name is D and the first letter of his middle name is J... lmao! I'm fucking stupid. :P 

6 hours ago, billietremike9324 said:

So, I was watching some Pentatonix videos and thought "I wonder what a Green Day medley by Pentatonix would sound like?" I mean, if they can cover "Bohemian Rhapsody" flawlessly, I'm sure they can find some way to make a Green Day medley work. :D Plus, I feel like Billie, Mike, and Tre would be honored. <3 

Honored is probably quite a strong feeling attached to someone covering their songs. I wouldn't mind hearing it, I like Pentatonix. I'm also not sure it would work out so well. Some of those types of covers get too polished and make Green Day sound way too pop. They don't sound bad, just a bit empty.

• Like 2

On 24.08.2017 at 7:00 PM, Hermione said:

That might be the dumbest piece of GD merch I've seen yet :lol: 

Don't forget about this :lol:

ykzcxd7xbkb0.jpg

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Honored is probably quite a strong feeling attached to someone covering their songs. I wouldn't mind hearing it, I like Pentatonix. I'm also not sure it would work out so well. Some of those types of covers get too polished and make Green Day sound way too pop. They don't sound bad, just a bit empty.

That's true. :) That might be why they don't cover too many rock songs. As it is, they have said before that they have a hard time doing Taylor Swift songs and she's as pop as pop can get. :P 

I'm still an old-fashioned who listens to music by albums and not a playlist on shuffle, and I NEVER skip songs (But bonus tracks tend to ruin the pacing of the album, so I usaually stop before them).
Pulling Teeth is a song I doubt I would've listened to as a standalone. Thanks to Dookie, this is now one of my favorites from this album.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, T@l said:

I'm still an old-fashioned who listens to music by albums and not a playlist on shuffle, and I NEVER skip songs (But bonus tracks tend to ruin the pacing of the album, so I usaually stop before them).
Pulling Teeth is a song I doubt I would've listened to as a standalone. Thanks to Dookie, this is now one of my favorites from this album.

It's one of my favorites too. And I'm like you, I think song order is important and as part of the album experience I like to listen to the albums front to back as intended. It's the only way I can listen to 21CB and RevRad too has a very purposeful song order that I love. It may not be a concept album but the song order does tell a story in a way about Billie's thoughts and feelings from one given moment to the next, shifting from the personal to the social to the political to the nostalgic and back again. I love the song order of that album. 💚

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, T@l said:

Listening albums from front to back is indeed a far superior experience, particularly in the case of prog rock records, though most good LPs just sound better when sitting through them in their entirety. I'd personally never shuffle American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown (or Revolution Radio for that matter).

EDIT: spelling

I actually love 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours so much. I listened to the entire album last night. Even before Tre came along, they were an amazing band, and Tre just made them even better. There's not one bad song on that album - hell, I even like Rest. I love Billie's vocals on it, too. Voice of an absolute angel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I actually love 1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours so much. I listened to the entire album last night. Even before Tre came along, they were an amazing band, and Tre just made them even better. There's not one bad song on that album - hell, I even like Rest. I love Billie's vocals on it, too. Voice of an absolute angel.

SAME!! I actually liked it better than Kerplunk at first, I found the melodies catchier and easier to get into on first hearing (Kerplunk took a few more plays to love).  I LOVE the harmonies (Rest!) and the plain sophistication (guitar solos!) for a couple of teenagers.  I still can't believe Billie was all of 15-17 when he wrote most of it.  His talent blows me away and I shake my head and laugh every time I hear this album , it's so much better than it has a right to be.

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic