Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Thanks to the video Billie made I'm now going through a phase of listening to Troubled Times a lot. I've always liked that song, but the last few days I've been listening to it 4/5 times on the trot on my iPod. In no particular order TT, Still Breathing, Bang Bang and Forever Now are my top 4 from Rev Rad.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Thanks to the video Billie made I'm now going through a phase of listening to Troubled Times a lot. I've always liked that song, but the last few days I've been listening to it 4/5 times on the trot on my iPod. In no particular order TT, Still Breathing, Bang Bang and Forever Now are my top 4 from Rev Rad.

I gained a new appreciation of the song because of the video. Same thing happened with Rev Rad for me, the videos made me like the songs more. (I already loved BB and SB before the vids). I can't wait for the FN vid.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gaslight13 said:

The only thing I don't like about both of those is that he either dies or is dead. I was not expecting that with the Nurse Jackie scene and he did a damn good job because it felt real enough to scare the shit outta me!  But yeah the scene from Haunted was also good! Wait, I'm looking at the years of all these things and I feel like instead of steadily improving he went the opposite direction until OW. Maybe his performance is just really dependent on the quality of the director?

This is only based on what I've watched but this is how I see it...

2002 Haunted - Pretty Good
2012 Nurse Jackie - Pretty Good
2012 This is 40 - Not so good
2014 Like Sunday, Like Rain - Not so good (although this movie is great btw)
2016 Ordinary World - Pretty Good

He drew the wrong symbol. Should've been an infinity sign.

this my opinion about list of Top TV/film of Billie is in.

1.Haunted- very scary good.

2.Nurse Jackie: Excellent but it is too short/ he needed more scene

3.This is 40: The whole film suck but his scene is funny as hell..(but they deleted it)

4. Like Sunday,Like Rain: it is beginning of billie acting..i don't like film that much either.

5. O.World: excellent drama/comedy film in 2016. end of story..

Even major critric thinks..(from Hollywood reporter) Billie should go into acting business with he wanted to if retire from music,They don't mind one bit..:toocool:

I finally read the 1994 Advocate interview and it's such a treat. Two pages of Billie hating on homophobes in his own audience. :happy:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hermione said:

So you haven't seen his first (and in my opinion most amusing) try at acting? Treat yourself :D 

I wish they'd change the title of that video, it makes it sound like it's just a performance.

My opinion on his acting: Ordinary World good, Nurse Jackie and This Is 40 just about passable, everything else bad :P. Although if we count his St Jimmy performance that was excellent. And I enjoyed his voice in Live Freaky Die Freaky. He's proved himself in a musical role and his regular acting has clearly improved a lot (and it's just always entertaining to watch him act whether he's good or not lol) so I'd really like to see him do more. 

WHAT!?!! Where was this hiding? I'm actually impressed with Mike and Tre here. They did well. Billie actually did too for this being one of his earliest acting attempts. There was just like one line that he stumbled through. What's this from?

7 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

WHAT!?!! Where was this hiding? I'm actually impressed with Mike and Tre here. They did well. Billie actually did too for this being one of his earliest acting attempts. There was just like one line that he stumbled through. What's this from?

It was the Chris Issak (sp?) show, a short lived series in the 90's

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was the Chris Issak (sp?) show, a short lived series in the 90's

According to wikipedia it was 2001-2004? No idea how I missed it....nevermind, it was on showtime, that's why. Thanks for sharing the clip because I probably never would've stumbled across it!

3 minutes ago, gaslight13 said:

According to wikipedia it was 2001-2004? No idea how I missed it....nevermind, it was on showtime, that's why. Thanks for sharing the clip because I probably never would've stumbled across it!

That was @Hermione whom we all appreciate every day. 🙂

12 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I finally read the 1994 Advocate interview and it's such a treat. Two pages of Billie hating on homophobes in his own audience. :happy:

Do you have a link to it? , I have only read bits and pieces of it.

Just listening to Rock'n Roll All Night by Kiss.

Sounds like See the Light by Green Day the "And I..." part

Just listening to Rock'n Roll All Night by Kiss.

Sounds like See the Light by Green Day the "And I..." part

See the Light is sooo derivative. When I hear it, it always reminds me of this song:

and I want to bludgeon myself. 😩

• Thanks 1

So you haven't seen his first (and in my opinion most amusing) try at acting? Treat yourself :D 

I wish they'd change the title of that video, it makes it sound like it's just a performance.

My opinion on his acting: Ordinary World good, Nurse Jackie and This Is 40 just about passable, everything else bad :P. Although if we count his St Jimmy performance that was excellent. And I enjoyed his voice in Live Freaky Die Freaky. He's proved himself in a musical role and his regular acting has clearly improved a lot (and it's just always entertaining to watch him act whether he's good or not lol) so I'd really like to see him do more. 

OMG! Why did I never saw this video before? This is priceless! Mike and Tré were awesome even if they don't appear much..

And I agree with you about Billie's acting. He was good in Ordinary World and excellent as St.Jimmy. For the rest, he was terrible, but he improved over time. Everytime I watch the Nurse Jackie scene in which his character dies, I laugh. I know it isn't his fault the way the scenario was written, but clearly the writers didn't know anything about health/medical condition and the way someone dies. Billie did his best, but he didn't look convincing at all.

By the way, I still have not seen Billie Joe in the role of Charlie Chaplin in Drunk History. I can't find any videos.

By the way, I still have not seen Billie Joe in the role of Charlie Chaplin in Drunk History. I can't find any videos.

I was searching for that for the longest time and the most I found was like a one minute clip (I can't even remember where it was now) but I think it was a silent clip with voiceover narration. He didnt have any lines (old timey silent movie) and he looks so much like Chaplin you couldn't even tell it was him.

• Like 1

Loving the new updates on the site guys, thanks.  

I think I may have the adrunk History smippets, will try and find them later.

• Like 1

I was searching for that for the longest time and the most I found was like a one minute clip (I can't even remember where it was now) but I think it was a silent clip with voiceover narration. He didnt have any lines (old timey silent movie) and he looks so much like Chaplin you couldn't even tell it was him.

I have no doubts that role was a silent one since a part of Charlie Chaplin's career had no text. Acting without a text can be as hard then having a text to say. You have to exagerate the emotions to tell the story. That's one of the reasons I would love to see Billie Joe as Charlie Chaplin. And of course because I love Chaplin and his movies.

And yes, from the 2 pictures I saw of Billie Joe as Chaplin, he looked like the real one. I once send one picture to a friend a few months ago via direct message on Facebook while I was at school doing a homework in the computer lab. My friend's reaction was so priceless! I wanted to laugh so hard, but I couldn't because I was supposed to stay silent in that room.

Have you guys tried looking for the whole episode on streaming sites? It's season 4, episode 2 if that helps any.

I wonder how nimrod would have sounded if Jerry Finn mixed it. I wonder if it was Green Day's choice or the label's to not use him, I feel like that album may have been a little too much for him to handle.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic