Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Like Sunday Like Rain was on this morning, and despite the negative reviews I saw about it, I actually loved it. 

While I was watching it, my brother walked in and was talking about a computer he was going to buy, they he stares at the screen blankly for a moment before asking "Is that Billie?" 

Apparently he's never heard him actually speak, so he walked out laughing his ass off saying Billie has a whiney voice. :lol: Bullcrap! lol 

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I hate it when people who only know 5 GD songs act like they know more about GD than I do. :mad: Like, they tell you something about GD as if you don't already know it, and I'm just like "mate, I've been stalking closely following this band for almost a year, I think I know what songs their setlist usually contains."  :ermm:

I mean, I know my friends mean well and obviously it's cool they're thinking of me, but when they start giving me facts or news about GD it's like "...you know me well enough to know I love this band but not enough to realize that everything you read or hear about them, I read it two days before" :tired: 

21 hours ago, Q.B said:

Oh, and my comment about the Warning cover being "fucking awful" might have been a bit of an overstatement lol. The cover is just so frustrating to me because it had so much potential, if only it had been executed better. It's the only one with a photo of them and the photo quality is so bad. Obviously it was done on purpose but I would love it if it wasn't blurry. And as others have already talked about, they had that lovely lightning man logo and it's such a shame they didn't use it on the front. 

Speaking of album covers; I love the one for Revolution Radio! It's so simple and I think that fits the album. I've only seen people talk about it negatively though. What do you guys think about it? 

I hate the blurriness too. I also don't like the fact it's the only album that doesn't have a cover design as such.

As for Revolution Radio, I love it too! But I remember when people first saw it online and thought it was a stock image :lol: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

Like Sunday Like Rain was on this morning, and despite the negative reviews I saw about it, I actually loved it. 

While I was watching it, my brother walked in and was talking about a computer he was going to buy, they he stares at the screen blankly for a moment before asking "Is that Billie?" 

Apparently he's never heard him actually speak, so he walked out laughing his ass off saying Billie has a whiney voice. :lol: Bullcrap! lol 

Lol he does sound pretty whiny in those clips though :D 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Lol he does sound pretty whiny in those clips though :D 

I think that was the character. 😉😁

ETA: the deleted scene from This is 40 is one of my favorites. Great bit of meta humor about Billie and his side projects. 😂

Edited by pacejunkie punk
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I don't know if there is a special thread for this, so I just share it in this one. 

I'm still looking for better footage. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 11:36 PM, MilleniumFan said:

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on with Green Day's YouTube channel? I just recently reported that the channel passed 1.25 Billion views.  However, now it's at 970'000 views. Apparently, someone is going around taking down the videos of which there were two versions (such as Basket Case). But why the hell are they taking down the version with the most views? That doesn't make any sense...

I know this was a while ago, but these videos seem to be on YouTube now... So I guess they were put back on. And the channel is at 1.3 billion views now

• Like 1

Yeah, thankfully everything's back to normal. If that was a deliberate move then it was a  stupid one and I'm glad they reversed it...

• Like 1

Hubby set up a second computer monitor & as a surprise put my tour photos as the screensavers - now I work on one & have BJ on the second one:)

• Like 1

Good morning, GD peeps! I don't know if this is the right thread in which to share this, but I started a blog and my first post mentions GD. Okay, a lot of my posts will probably mention GD. :D Anyway, I thought y'all might enjoy it! WordPress: What I Lost

Edited by Second favourite son
Fixed link
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhatsHerNameGeorgia said:

Good morning, GD peeps! I don't know if this is the right thread in which to share this, but I started a blog and my first post mentions GD. Okay, a lot of my posts will probably mention GD. :D Anyway, I thought y'all might enjoy it! WordPress: What I Lost

This is cool, thanks for sharing!  I hope you don't mind that I changed the link, as it was originally going to a password protected page that only you could see - I think it works now.

If you want to keep people updated on everything (even the non GD-related stuff) then you can create your own blog here on GDC: just go to 'Browse' in the top right, then click 'Blogs'.  Once you're there, click on 'Create a new blog'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

This is cool, thanks for sharing!  I hope you don't mind that I changed the link, as it was originally going to a password protected page that only you could see - I think it works now.

If you want to keep people updated on everything (even the non GD-related stuff) then you can create your own blog here on GDC: just go to 'Browse' in the top right, then click 'Blogs'.  Once you're there, click on 'Create a new blog'.

Thank you!!!

33 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

A long GD related story:

This morning my work colleagues and I were 45 minutes late at starting work as we were locked out. The guy who normally opens up was on holiday today and the boss normally comes in later on. Therefore, we were standing out in the cold and the rain waiting for someone to come and open up. When my boss came he didn't have his key, but the coffee shop over the road was just opening up so we went there to shelter from the rain while we waited for the CEO to come and let us in. 

As you can imagine I was cold and wet so I was so happy to get into that coffee shop. I was even happier still when less than a minute later the radio in the coffee shop started to play Basketcase!!! Of all the bands in the world that could have come on the radio I was so pleased it was GD as it instantly cheared me up! A short while later the CEO came and let us in. 

I love those stories. I was walking in Baltimore visiting my daughter and I was explaining to her my Green Day obsession when we hear Welcome to Paradise playing out a window from an upstairs bar. Those moments are magic, especially when your day's not going so great. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

A long GD related story:

This morning my work colleagues and I were 45 minutes late at starting work as we were locked out. The guy who normally opens up was on holiday today and the boss normally comes in later on. Therefore, we were standing out in the cold and the rain waiting for someone to come and open up. When my boss came he didn't have his key, but the coffee shop over the road was just opening up so we went there to shelter from the rain while we waited for the CEO to come and let us in. 

As you can imagine I was cold and wet so I was so happy to get into that coffee shop. I was even happier still when less than a minute later the radio in the coffee shop started to play Basketcase!!! Of all the bands in the world that could have come on the radio I was so pleased it was GD as it instantly cheared me up! A short while later the CEO came and let us in. 

Yay I love this! Unexpected Green Day is the best, especially when you're having a shitty day. I remember way back in 2006 or something when I got really sick (stomach flu), and when I went to lie down on the couch I got a pleasant surprise; Bullet In A Bible was on tv! So unexpected and it definitely helped me feel better. 

Edited by Q.B
  • Like 2

Wow, fucking magical. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to actually experience this live. 

Edited by Q.B
  • Like 1

There's no shortage of love for Green Day on the Sirius channels lol 

while working on an art project, I opted to listen to the 'faction' channel on tv while I work and just today I've heard Redundant, When I Come Around, Holiday, and Still Breathing. :lol: plus blink-182 and Nirvana, so it's allll good

Speaking of surprise Green Day, was having lunch in Glasgow earlier and Basket Case came on just as we were leaving :wub:  Then carried onto HMV and treated myself to the RevRad vinyl + Kerplunk, Warning and Insomniac CDs. Don't even own a cd player anymore but y'know.

24 hours till my final show of the tour, so conflicted :dance::cry::runaround:

• Like 3

"No Pride" totally captures how  I feel living in Trump's America on July 4th

• Like 1

When Billie asks if there are any 'Old school Green Day fans', is he asking if there are any fans of Green Day that are old school, or fans of old school Green Day?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

When Billie asks if there are any 'Old school Green Day fans', is he asking if there are any fans of Green Day that are old school, or fans of old school Green Day?

This is such a good question. I never know and I'm always so conflicted if I should scream or not! To difficult to decide. I'm like - Billie, help, tell me what to do!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

definitely the latter. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

This is a random thought and I need people to share it with -- I was checking out Oakland and Berkeley on Google maps because I'm not familiar with the area and wanted to get a sense of where things were in relation to one another. So I looked up the address for Broken Guitars and went from there.  I got so absorbed, I found everything! 

E 12th street, (Studio) 880, 80, Jingletown, Stuart and the Ave, Christie Road (with train tracks!), Pinole, Gilman Street, Adeline Street, Richmond, El Sobrante, Rodeo, Crockett...

Man it was like seeing Penny Lane in Liverpool and all the other landmarks. What fun. Now I hope to make a pilgrimage someday.

Thanks for listening 🙂

Ha!  I'm going out to Oakland for the August 5th show, so that's literally what I was doing today, mapping things out.

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic