Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

8 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Okay, don't know if anyone's had a similar experience to this or not, but Warning is one of the albums that i would always listen to while mowing. And whenever it would get to Macy's Day Parade, i would hear - there is something on that song like a bird chirping every so often, or something like that - anyway, everytime it got to that song, i would be mowing along and hear this little whistle. Then after a little while i'd hear it again. And i always would think it's somebody whistling at me to get my attention, so i'd stop the tractor and look around, and of course - there'd be nobody there. Somehow, EVERY time i mow and listen to that album, i manage to forget about that part of the song, and it catches me every time :lol:

I can't think of any Green Day songs that do it but there's songs that make it sound like the phone's ringing or someone's knocking at the door that always get me :lol:, I'm going to see if I can hear that whistle.

• Like 4

MTV Classic aired the Holiday video ... as part of the '90s Nation block :lol: um ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, letsdanceon said:

This week I had to schedule my surgery in August for this baby I'm having...I told my doctor "I have tickets to see my favorite band on August 21, so it HAS to be after that!" She will get to attend in utero, and I'll have my surgery on the 25th 😂😂 here's hoping she cooperates and doesn't decide to make an appearance early to make me miss the whole thing!!!

Now that's devotion right there!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Now that's devotion right there!

Priorities, man 😂😂

• Like 2

On 9 May 2017 at 7:01 AM, Hermione said:

I can't think of any Green Day songs that do it but there's songs that make it sound like the phone's ringing or someone's knocking at the door that always get me :lol:, I'm going to see if I can hear that whistle.

The phone ring in Homecoming got me a few times 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boulevard of Brexit Dreams said:

The phone ring in Homecoming got me a few times 😂

for as many times as i've listened to this song, i have no idea how i've never heard it. where is it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

for as many times as i've listened to this song, i have no idea how i've never heard it. where is it?

Same :D I never noticed 

27 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Watching Ordinary World after just seeing him as a rock god last week:ga:  

That has to feel weird 

• Like 1

Random thought: how awesome would it be if some peeps here, jump over to Twitter and respond this :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, melissi_unicorn said:

Random thought: how awesome would it be if some peeps here, jump over to Twitter and respond this :lol:

Done! :happy:

Edited by Hermione
Please remove images from quotes
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

After Tre sings 'and I can play the guitar' in the 'Rock and roll girlfriend' section

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boulevard of Brexit Dreams said:

After Tre sings 'and I can play the guitar' in the 'Rock and roll girlfriend' section

I think that's a guitar solo

11 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

That has to feel weird 

Brought a smile to my face more than once.  

• Like 1

Did anyone catch the subtle Green Day reference on last night's episode of Better Call Saul?

About 9 minutes in, Jimmy (Saul Goodman) calls himself a saint, to which Kim (his partner) says "Saint Jimmy - yeah, that has a nice ring to it" with a very weird emphasis.

It could just be a coincidence, but two reasons why I think it's not:

1. In a way, Jimmy McGill and his alter ego Saul Goodman is somewhat comparable to that of JoS/St. Jimmy

2. This prequel series starts off in 2002. I don't know how much time has past since then, but it wouldn't be far off to guess we'd be around 2004 by now (AI release)

My dad came home from work yesterday and was like "I just heard a Green Day song on the radio!", so of course I asked him what is sounded like and what it was called and he just spewed out some of the most random crap and "possible" song titles I've ever heard :lol:

3 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

My dad came home from work yesterday and was like "I just heard a Green Day song on the radio!", so of course I asked him what is sounded like and what it was called and he just spewed out some of the most random crap and "possible" song titles I've ever heard :lol:

Hubby just says American Idiot no matter what it is:D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Yeeeeeees, It's my birthday AND Rev Rad single day. Actually happy for once:happyhands:

Happy RevRad Birthday! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Yeeeeeees, It's my birthday AND Rev Rad single day. Actually happy for once:happyhands:

Happy Birthday! 

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic