Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Ladies, what GD albums do you like to play when you are doing housework? 

This morning I managed to get a lot of housework done while listening to 21st Century Breakdown. I was going mad with the duster when Horseshoes and Handgrenades came on! 

• Like 4

What a lovely mental image :D

Don't really have one go to album for that (says it all about my housework habits or lack thereof). I've had Kerplunk, BIAB and Uno playing recently, but I usually end up getting distracted from the work to just sing along and get into the music, so not sure how much they actually help.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

What a lovely mental image :D

Don't really have one go to album for that (says it all about my housework habits or lack thereof). I've had Kerplunk, BIAB and Uno playing recently, but I usually end up getting distracted from the work to just sing along and get into the music, so not sure how much they actually help.

When I'm doing revision or schoolwork, I like to listen to Warning or UNO, due to their mellow tone. All the other albums distract me

• Like 1

Insomniac! :D Or the Trilogy, I listened to those three quite a few times when cleaning the house :lol: 

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Ha!  I was doing spring cleaning with Green Day on shuffle yesterday.  But I felt guilty anytime I left my room, like I was missing something and needed to hit pause first.

Haha, same! It doesn't even make sense but I can't help it.

55 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Since I obviously also do housework, I'll give myself the clearance to answer haha

But joke aside, any album will do, although usually I keep my songs on shuffle.

I'm also one of those weird guys that love's listening to Green Day Live.  However, the downside is that I can get a little to overexcited and carried away at times lol (I'll be singing: ''eeeh- ohhh'' and screaming ''1,2 - 1, 2, 3, 4'' during Hitchin' A Ride for example :dance:)

One habit I've only adopted after I got into GD for real recently, even thogh I listened to music just as much before, is mouthing the words when I'm listening in public. I can just about keep myself from singing out loud but I've almost stopped caring about looking weird.

• Like 3

@Jenn. That's exactly it. It's why when I was at a Green Day concert earlier this year, I couldn't stop from starting to shout things like 1,2 - 1,2,3,4 during Hitchin' A Ride, before Billie asked the crowd to do so, because I could predict it. And yes, I've listened to BIAB enough times to have memorised all of his little ''inputs''. It never gets old though!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

@Jenn. That's exactly it. It's why when I was at a Green Day concert earlier this year, I couldn't stop from starting to shout things like 1,2 - 1,2,3,4 during Hitchin' A Ride, before Billie asked the crowd to do so, because I could predict it. And yes, I've listened to BIAB enough times to have memorised all of his little ''inputs''. It never gets old though!

Haha! It's hilarious because Billie is pretty predictable and if you listen to enough live versions of songs you know the things he does every time, like the "brothers and sisters" line in Dearly Beloved :D I was watching a performance of 21CB on Youtube and it wasn't from AAF, but he said all the same things :lol: maybe they become ingrained!

On 4/23/2017 at 9:01 PM, Jake69 said:

Warning used to be underrated but now I think it's overrated. It used to be known as their worst record which I think is not true. It's a decent record that has a handful of good songs. Nothing incredible but it's definitely not bad. Now I see people acting like it's the best Green Day album ever created. 

I think Nimrod is way more overrated than Warning *Prepares for hate*

I don't think Nimrod is anywhere near as good as people say it is, in fact it's my 3rd least favourite GD album ahead of just 39/Smooth and Kerplunk. Hell, I think even Shenanigans might be better. Good Riddance is overrated, very few tracks stand out to me and there's a lot of tracks that are just not that good. And LRI is complete filler, the longest track and just a repetitive instrumental for almost 4 minutes

And Nimrod isn't as diverse as some of the albums that GD released after. At the time, it was their most experimental but GD did loads of experimental stuff in all their albums after Nimrod too

Nimrod may not have been as commercially successful as AI or Dookie, but it's a fan favourite and I honestly don't understand why. Sure, it's good but nowhere near as good as GD can be

56 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I think Nimrod is way more overrated than Warning *Prepares for hate*

I don't think Nimrod is anywhere near as good as people say it is, in fact it's my 3rd least favourite GD album ahead of just 39/Smooth and Kerplunk. Hell, I think even Shenanigans might be better. Good Riddance is overrated, very few tracks stand out to me and there's a lot of tracks that are just not that good. And LRI is complete filler, the longest track and just a repetitive instrumental for almost 4 minutes

And Nimrod isn't as diverse as some of the albums that GD released after. At the time, it was their most experimental but GD did loads of experimental stuff in all their albums after Nimrod too

Nimrod may not have been as commercially successful as AI or Dookie, but it's a fan favourite and I honestly don't understand why. Sure, it's good but nowhere near as good as GD can be

I love Nimrod but I do agree that there is a bunch of filler. It definitely shouldn't be 18 tracks long 

6 hours ago, Jake69 said:

I love Nimrod but I do agree that there is a bunch of filler. It definitely shouldn't be 18 tracks long 

Lucky you dont have the Aussie album then.

Just now, Tinkle said:

We have 22 songs on Nimrod.

what's the other 3?

Just now, Jesus of Seneca said:

what's the other 3?

Suffocate, Do da da, Desensitized, You lied

• Like 2

On 5/1/2017 at 0:56 PM, Whatsername_123 said:

Ladies, what GD albums do you like to play when you are doing housework? 

This morning I managed to get a lot of housework done while listening to 21st Century Breakdown. I was going mad with the duster when Horseshoes and Handgrenades came on! 

Gentlemen too I hope :P. I think the majority of my GD listening is done while doing housework so everything :lol:. I do particularly like to listen to Insomniac while mowing the lawn though.

• Like 1

Insomniac for nothing.  But, I get incredible work outs exercising to Bullet in A Bible.

Lately I'm hearing Say Goodbye more and more on the radio (that is, on Virgin Radio). That makes me quite happy every time but I wonder why Say Goodbye when Revolution Radio is about to be released as the third single?

• Like 2

where/what channel is virgin radio?

2 hours ago, Master Roshi said:

Lately I'm hearing Say Goodbye more and more on the radio (that is, on Virgin Radio). That makes me quite happy every time but I wonder why Say Goodbye when Revolution Radio is about to be released as the third single?

Still Breathing is quite often played by German radio. I love it! 

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic