Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

5 hours ago, Tinkle said:
I remember when this was posted - we all got so excited:happy:

And now it makes me salty because they never played half of it even though they practiced :mad:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

And now it makes me salty because they never played half of it even though they practiced :mad:

EXACTLY;)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

EXACTLY;)

I can't forgive them ditching all of the Insomniac songs, Nuclear Family and Say Goodbye. 

On 8. 3. 2017 at 3:48 PM, americanidiotnofilter said:

Geez... 

i got a rock and roll band

i got a rock and roll life

i got a rock and roll girlfriend

and another ex wife

i got a rock and roll house

i got a rock and roll car

i play the shit out of the drums

And I can play the guitar

i got a kid in new york

i got a kid in the bay

i havnt Drank or smoked a thing in over 22 days.

So get off of my case, off of my case...

OFF OF MY CASE!

Till then I Wonderwall :whistle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I can't forgive them ditching all of the Insomniac songs, Nuclear Family and Say Goodbye. 

You & @Cunt are my favourite posters:)

But I still love @Scattered Wreck (f'you Im from New Jersey)

• Like 3

I don't understand the fascination with 21 Guns it's not a good song at all slow and boring 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I don't understand the fascination with 21 Guns it's not a good song at all slow and boring 

I think the way they play it live is boring. But I still remember how different it sounded when I first heard it (I believe when we heard like seven 21st CB songs on the radio before the album was out), with the falsetto that sounded REALLY new and different and the interesting intro/after solo sound it seemed like an unusual song for GD at the time and I still appreciate it for that even though it sounds a lot more "normal" now I'm so used to it. Has a good climax with "like a stone" and the solo too. Not one of my favourites but I do like it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think the way they play it live is boring. But I still remember how different it sounded when I first heard it (I believe when we heard like seven 21st CB songs on the radio before the album was out), with the falsetto that sounded REALLY new and different and the interesting intro/after solo sound it seemed like an unusual song for GD at the time and I still appreciate it for that even though it sounds a lot more "normal" now I'm so used to it. Has a good climax with "like a stone" and the solo too. Not one of my favourites but I do like it.

"From a stooooooone" being extended live with the waterfall of sparks in the background is one of my favourite GD moments

• Like 3

Well written, great song, no doubt. At this point especially, sucks live. Boring like he said, and for the band especially. It's REALLY not fun to play, I can assume none of them would care to do it anymore. I don't, I liked playing it with my cover band for a while, we don't even touch it now, just very boring to play all around. The lyrics are amazing though, I'll always love the song and the point of it. Great staple of the 21st Century Tour though.

43 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I love 21 Guns and it is epic live

Up until the point they skip a nice part of the song and start playing the chorus ten thousand times instead maybe :P. Also that cool intro sound that's repeated later isn't there, to its detriment. And BOBD is similar but better. I mean I don't hate it and Billie doing falsetto is always good, but BOBD is enough power ballad for one show for me and I don't miss it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I love 21 Guns and it is epic live

Explains a lot actually 😂

I also would love to hear 21 guns. I think it's beautiful song, but from the clips I've seen I feel the song does drag a bit. It would be nice if they can play it as part of a medley. Maybe a medley of 3 songs from 21CB.

8 hours ago, Hermione said:

Up until the point they skip a nice part of the song and start playing the chorus ten thousand times instead maybe :P. Also that cool intro sound that's repeated later isn't there, to its detriment. And BOBD is similar but better. I mean I don't hate it and Billie doing falsetto is always good, but BOBD is enough power ballad for one show for me and I don't miss it.

You are like the polar opposite of me in regards to this song :lol: I'm not at all fussed about the studio version but I think it's amazing live. I hate that intro part, it takes too long for the song to start and it reminds me of the end of WMUWSE too (another song I'm not crazy about.) He can sing the chorus however many times he wants live as long as it has that beautiful piano in the background :wub: one thing I would say though is I always thought they should have ended the song with the piano. When all the instruments come in again for the last chorus I am a bit like....'oh we have to do this all again' :P 

All that said, I'd still take BOBD over it so at least we agree on that :D 

What band(s) were your favourite before discovering Green Day?

Many years ago, long before I discovered GD, my favourite band was a cheesy English band called Steps (forgive me, I was only 7yrs old at the time :lol:). I loved to listen to Steps. I had their CD's. I had their merchandise. I went to their gigs. They then broke my heart by disbanding on BOXING DAY......yes, the day after thousands of fans had been given their merchandise. How convenient.

Earlier this week, Steps announced a comeback album and tour. Fuck them and their money-spinning comeback. I nearly choked when Dad asked if I was interested in going to one of their comeback gigs. Thankfully, my taste in music drastically has improved over the years, and I discovered a brilliant band called Green Day, who are a billion times better than Steps ever were.

• Like 2

Seeing all those pictures on Facebook, makes me miss the boys so much. :( I can't wait for them to come back in summer, it's gonna be amazing. 

Most of my friends don't understand why you would go see the same band during the same tour several times. Because "isn't the concert always the same"? Yes is mostly is, but that's not what it is about. It's about the way seeing them live makes me feel and how it makes me realize once again how much they and their music mean to me.

Now, that ended up being quite sappy. Long story short: I can't wait to see them again in summer! :woot: 

• Like 3

On 1/22/2014 at 2:21 PM, Varda. said:

I listened to westbound sign yesterday and omg it's one of the best songs ever.

Honestly my fave song is scattered idk whybthat one makes me so happy oh and pop rocks and coke ❤ I love all of Green Day's stuff I mean all of it, I listen to them every time I'm in the car and  as I'm typing this let yourself go is playing 

13 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Many years ago, long before I discovered GD, my favourite band was a cheesy English band called Steps (forgive me, I was only 7yrs old at the time :lol:). I loved to listen to Steps. I had their CD's. I had their merchandise. I went to their gigs. They then broke my heart by disbanding on BOXING DAY......yes, the day after thousands of fans had been given their merchandise. How convenient.

Earlier this week, Steps announced a comeback album and tour. Fuck them and their money-spinning comeback. I nearly choked when Dad asked if I was interested in going to one of their comeback gigs. Thankfully, my taste in music drastically has improved over the years, and I discovered a brilliant band called Green Day, who are a billion times better than Steps ever were.

I was more an S Club 7 fan :lol: but I wouldn't be interested in seeing them live either. 5678 is a good tune though :P 

I wasn't really that into music before Green Day. Though I did go and see Avril Lavigne in 2004. And I also liked Busted. They bridged the gap between pop and rock for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I was a bit too old for Steps (apart from dancing to 5,6,7,8 because who didn't love that?) but when I was really young I loved Take That :D. Then I was into RnB and then rap, starting with Will Smith, Ma$e, All Saints (kind of RnB), and Lauryn Hill, and just anything on an RnB compilation CD. During my teenage years apart from a bit of Muse, Ash and Feeder I was obsessed with Eminem and rap music in general, it was my mission to get my hands on all the best rap albums. When I discovered Green Day at 19 I was almost exclusively listening to rap so they were lucky to get a look in :P 

Not sure why but today I was imagining the kind of show Green Day would put on if they ever did the Superbowl. 10-15 minutes and maybe a famous guest or two. Imagine them trying to fit the hits into that length of time :lol: and they could have Joan Jett as a guest, or someone we'd never expect like Snoop Dogg :cool::D 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jenn. said:

Not sure why but today I was imagining the kind of show Green Day would put on if they ever did the Superbowl. 10-15 minutes and maybe a famous guest or two. Imagine them trying to fit the hits into that length of time :lol: and they could have Joan Jett as a guest, or someone we'd never expect like Snoop Dogg :cool::D 

Already worked with Snoop.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Montclare said:

Of course, still would be a surprise to see them play the Superbowl together though :lol: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Montclare said:

That's why I mentioned him! :lol: And like @Hermione said, that wouldn't stop me being surprised at all :D 

Edit: Okay watching that video again Snoop would be the perfect surprise cameo at a GD Superbowl performance :cool: 

4 hours ago, Jenn. said:

That's why I mentioned him! :lol: And like @Hermione said, that wouldn't stop me being surprised at all :D 

Edit: Okay watching that video again Snoop would be the perfect surprise cameo at a GD Superbowl performance :cool: 

Ah!  Wasn't sure if you had seen that.  I was definitely surprised the first time I saw it.  :)

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic