Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I'm listening ¡Tré! right now and I just love the song Amanda so much omg, I repeat it like 6 times lol, Idk why but I love that song so much and it makes me think about young Billie and It makes me feel kinda sad for him. 

• Like 1

I watched The Campaign last night- gonna listen to some trilogy today - it's been too long😘

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lizziebix said:

I get this feeling.  When I turned on the car, the radio came on with Still Breathing.  I just sat there smiling and listening.

I like that song too.

i put a green day magazine in a frame on my wall, and i'm pretty sure mum thinks i'm nuts.

• Like 3

I couldn't find a suited topic for this, but i was wondering why the boys aren't playing Wake me up when september ends and 21 guns live? One of their most popular songs...

14 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

I couldn't find a suited topic for this, but i was wondering why the boys aren't playing Wake me up when september ends and 21 guns live? One of their most popular songs...

Don't get me started:D

41 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

They don't play guns because Billie is aware he wouldn't hit the high note. 

He did fine in Awesome as Fuck :( 

• Like 1

I'm wondering, has anyone ever heard or experienced anything about the band or a band member that disappointed or surprised you (not in a good way)? **To be clear, I don't mean surprised or disappointed about anything regarding Billie's addiction or sobriety.** 

I was thinking about when I saw them in September at Starland. While my friend and I were on line we started talking to one of the security guys.  He told us that as per band management none of the venue security were allowed to speak to any of the band members, no one that worked at the venue was allowed to be inside during sound check, and the black towels (black, by request) the venue provided for the band in their dressing rooms were deemed unacceptable because there was lint on them so someone had to run out and buy new towels. That's all silly stuff and I know many celebrities are known to be far more demanding and quirky. I also understand that the band is there to do a job and they don't have time to chat with the staff, but this guy made them seem so aloof and diva-ish. I was just very surprised to hear those things, especially because I've always heard they are usually friendly and approachable. Divas or not, I still love them and I can't wait for Barclays on the 15th!

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

Auto-tune did very well indeed. :cry:

Wasn't auto tune 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jonas01 said:

I guess Boulevard does the same job as both those songs. I am surprised they're not playing them but I don't really miss them, neither's amongst my favourites.

13 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Excuse you :tired: there's a high note in Ordinary World that he nails perfectly. I've never heard him not hit the Gun note because those notes are falsetto. The problem with Still Breathing is that the high note isn't falsetto so it's hard for him to hit it from that range.

• Like 3

I do wish they would play 21 Guns.  It was the first song and video that I loved on my own, without someone introducing it to me.  I know they haven't played it in a while but I've never heard Billie have a hard time with the notes.

There are just too many damn good songs and not enough time for them to play them all.  🙁

It has taken a month, but finally I'm over my post-Green Day gig depression as for the last month I've been so miserable about the gig being over. Finally, when I think about the gig I don't feel so miserable. It was the best gig I've ever seen- thank you Green Day for putting on a top-notch performance :lol:

10 hours ago, Jenn. said:

I guess Boulevard does the same job as both those songs. I am surprised they're not playing them but I don't really miss them, neither's amongst my favourites.

Excuse you :tired: there's a high note in Ordinary World that he nails perfectly. I've never heard him not hit the Gun note because those notes are falsetto. The problem with Still Breathing is that the high note isn't falsetto so it's hard for him to hit it from that range.

I wasn't serious, to be honest. I can't think of any plausible reason why they don't play it other than they think SB and BOBD are enough. 

• Like 1

Very glad 21 Guns and especially WMUWSE are not being done. It's cool when it is September, and 21 Guns has had it's day. I don't see that one being pulled out again, if it is, certainly not in full.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Very glad 21 Guns and especially WMUWSE are not being done. It's cool when it is September, and 21 Guns has had it's day. I don't see that one being pulled out again, if it is, certainly not in full.

Yeah, this. I like September song, but i always kinda thought 21 guns was overrated. Besides, that leaves more room for other much better songs.

In other news,...

For some reason, i've started doing mike dirnt's turtle face in pictures. I really need help:lol:

Geez... 

i got a rock and roll band

i got a rock and roll life

i got a rock and roll girlfriend

and another ex wife

i got a rock and roll house

i got a rock and roll car

i play the shit out of the drums

And I can play the guitar

i got a kid in new york

i got a kid in the bay

i havnt Drank or smoked a thing in over 22 days.

So get off of my case, off of my case...

OFF OF MY CASE!

• Like 1

On 5.3.2017 at 10:47 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Tune the guitar's down one step or half a step. Like for example Led Zeppelin did that in Stairway to haeven in 2008... Tuned the guitar's down a step and sounded good. 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic