Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

3 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Uptight would be amazing.

Yes, it's a great song. One of my favorites from Nimrod. 

Btw, I remembered that Scattered used to be the song I loved that never got played live. And now it's become one of the live staples. There's always hope. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

you're slowly becoming my new favorite GDC'er 

I was thinking the same thing about you! :lol:

He just has to slap Insomniac on and figure out the four chords. I play it frequently, wondering why they don't do it anymore, so simple and we love it so much! Jinx and Haushinka together would probably send us all into a collective orgasm, weather we were there or not.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

Jinx and Haushinka together would probably send us all into a collective orgasm, weather we were there or not.

Very true! 

My random thought is that we need to teach the Green Day guys how to Periscope. That's where it's at. It's fun and I've talked to people from all over the world. An hour ago I was watching and talking to a band in Galway, Ireland. Then I talked to a lady in NY as she was giving a live tour of the city.  Periscope is awesome!

• Like 1

A few months ago my mom and I were watching Green Day's induction to the RR Hall of Fame, I haven't seen it since it happen and it was the first time my mom watched it, so I told her "don't say anything if I start crying haha" so when Tré started his speech I started to cry and then my mom started to cry too, and when Billie gave his speech it was worst haha, but I guess it was cause my mom has been aware of everything Green Day does since I became a fan, she loves a lot of songs and she thinks Billie it's so cute, and of course when he went to rehab, my mom saw how worry and sad I was, and I think she also cried cause I told her about the RS magazine interview and how bad Billie told he was back then. My mom knows how important they are to me, so I'm glad she worries or at least she gets happy to see them good and well. :wub:

Sorry for this post, nothing important, I know, but Wretched and Divine's comment made remember when that happen and that was such an special moment for me :P

*and sorry for the bad english. 

• Like 3

What is your interpretation of the lyrics ''Looking for a buzz, but all I got was Santa Claus?'' (Too Dumb to Die)

14 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

What is your interpretation of the lyrics ''Looking for a buzz, but all I got was Santa Claus?'' (Too Dumb to Die)

Word salad :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

isn't it "looking for a cause"? :P

What he got was fake but nice to believe in - like Santa Claus.

2 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Word salad :P

Or this. Pick what you like better :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

isn't it "looking for a cause"? :P

What he got was fake but nice to believe in - like Santa Claus.

Or this. Pick what you like better :lol:

I noticed that in the album lyric booklet it says "looking for a buzz", yet everywhere else it says "looking for a cause" :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I noticed that in the album lyric booklet it says "looking for a buzz", yet everywhere else it says "looking for a cause" :lol:

I hear "cause" but I do like both. They are a little different in meaning but both good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I hear "cause" but I do like both. They are a little different in meaning but both good. 

I heard cause too, but I assumed that the lyric book was right and my ears were wrong 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I heard cause too, but I assumed that the lyric book was right and my ears were wrong 

I don't know, the lyrics book is off sometimes, isn't it? :ermm:

• Like 2

The lyrics are off on multiple occasions, probably due to last-minute lyrical changes. It's 'looking for a cause' on TDTD and 'So I can boot at the speed of life' on Somewhere Now.

Also, replacing 21st Century Breakdown with Somewhere Now and American Eulogy with Forever Now on 21CB actually doesn't sound too wrong on a front-to-back listen, particularly if you nix See the Light.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tresexy101 said:

I always thought it was 'So I can VOTE at the speed of life' on Somewhere Now?  

It's boot. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me after a hundred times listening to that track, but it is 'boot'.

Just now, Dakke said:

It's boot. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me after a hundred times listening to that track, but it is 'boot'.

O.K.  thank you...  I love that song.  Also, same song, Billie sings 'there's a soldier freaking out, P.S. this is war'     I thought it was BECAUSE this is war...   I dunno, I love that song no matter what.  Anyone have sex while listening to the album?  It kicks ass until 'Ordinary World' comes on because ya kinda have to slow down a little...  and that's if you males out there can last 40 minutes. =)   I did and, yes, I'm bragging.  I love my penis.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tresexy101 said:

O.K.  thank you...  I love that song.  Also, same song, Billie sings 'there's a soldier freaking out, P.S. this is war'     I thought it was BECAUSE this is war...   I dunno, I love that song no matter what.  Anyone have sex while listening to the album?  It kicks ass until 'Ordinary World' comes on because ya kinda have to slow down a little...  and that's if you males out there can last 40 minutes. =)   I did and, yes, I'm bragging.  I love my penis.   

Haha lol. Forever Now is just the ultimate erection then :D

It's definitely P.S. this is war

• Like 1

Dakke, I'm listening to the song now and yes, it is definitely P.S., like you said.  I dunno how I couldn't hear that.  I have P.S. (penis strength).   O.K., i have to stop talking bout my thang.  Peace and love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tresexy101 said:

Dakke, I'm listening to the song now and yes, it is definitely P.S., like you said.  I dunno how I couldn't hear that.  I have P.S. (penis strength).   O.K., i have to stop talking bout my thang.  Peace and love.

Rage and love bro

Today I was pretty hungover, but putting on 1039 SOSH put a smile on my face and made me feel a little better. That album makes me so happy! 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic