Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

22 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

I'm listening to the Broadway musical for the first time right now and HOLY SHIT have I missed out. I'm only on American Idiot and I already have chills everywhere.

Boulevard is what gets me every time. The way they combine it with City of the Damned is incredible beyond words.

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yes I love this! It's the most awkward meeting ever (although to be fair all set up band meeting fan things are beyond awkward) and I don't think I've ever cringed so much as when he's reading them that letter and they have no clue how to react, but he remains completely happy and enthusiastic regardless so you have to be pleased for him.

Have you seen this one? The show is a terrible concept, the fan (allegedly) first thinks they've just met the person they're a fan of by chance, but then afterwards it's revealed that it was set up and they were being filmed (which surely would be a disappointment compared to thinking you were having a real conversation with them?!). The best thing about it is how Billie is more awkward than the fan :lol: 

I'm pretty sure I saw that back in the day but I totally forgot about it til now, I'm gunna watch it later. It's the one where the girl is a bassist right? If I remember right she said she had a Music Man bass

7 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I'm pretty sure I saw that back in the day but I totally forgot about it til now, I'm gunna watch it later. It's the one where the girl is a bassist right? If I remember right she said she had a Music Man bass

Yep!

5 hours ago, Tinkle said:

I got excited hearing Bohemian Rhapsody whilst buying groceries - TOUR DATES PLEASE.

Yes yes yes yes yes I need them. I'm so ready for it, I've got plans to make and money to spend. Lots of the first and less of the second. 

• Like 2

I've been watching footage from their set at Reading festival three years ago and this is the footage that I enjoy watching the most. Their performance was awesome and I get goosebumps every time I see the fans singing the opening to BOBD. If people don't think this band are relevant anymore I suggest they watch this performance. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I've been watching footage from their set at Reading festival three years ago and this is the footage that I enjoy watching the most. Their performance was awesome and I get goosebumps every time I see the fans singing the opening to BOBD. If people don't think this band are relevant anymore I suggest they watch this performance. 

Correct! The Reading fest is their most killer performance ever. Their entrance on stage, fans singing the songs, Dookie in it's entirety, really cool. Next comes BIAB.

I think someone should teach the guys how to synchronize their Instagram accounts with Twitter :D 

I forgot how great their Working Class Hero cover is, Youtube just autoplayed it for me and I had to just sit and listen to it, a total flashback of summer 2007...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marki. said:

I forgot how great their Working Class Hero cover is, Youtube just autoplayed it for me and I had to just sit and listen to it, a total flashback of summer 2007...

Yeah that's a great cover. I got teary the first time I saw the video.

• Like 3

My boyfriend doesn't get why, if I had the chance, I WOULDN'T want to meet green day mano a mano.

Let me count the ways.

#1 I'd probably be very puffy-faced from crying my eyes out during their set.
#2 My uncontrollable running nose from crying my eyes out while meeting them.
#3 Calling Billie, "The Beej" (pronounced like Bea-ige or Bee-juh) to his face because that's the only way I address him in my head.
#4 Sweaty. I am a very sweaty person.
#5 The awkward silent exchange between Mike and I, only to be broken by the scariest, most toothy grin i could ever make before running away.
#6 If my breath stinks from whatever I ate that day, the toxic fumes might kill them.
#7 I may snap his spine by accident if I give Beej's delicate little body a bear hug.
#8 Sounding like a creep when asking about their families.
#9 Sounding even more like a creep if I accidentally hint to marrying into the family (hey Joey, call me).
#10 Starring too intensely at Tre's nose. Because it is fascinating.

and so much more.

• Like 1

Well I want to just say that I'm proud of them, and thank them for never giving up because they meant a lot to me. But I know I'd probably say something completely off the wall and then hate myself until i die.

• Like 2

Dominated Love Slave sounds a lot like 'She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain'.  Had a very weird moment when I thought they were playing the former to a room full of under-8 year olds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Dominated Love Slave sounds a lot like 'She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain'.  Had a very weird moment when I thought they were playing the former to a room full of under-8 year olds.

Oh wow it does! Won't be unhearing that any time soon. 

4 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

It also has the same chord progression of Food Around The Corner, which is probably intentional and probably everyone here knows that already.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic