In the New York City park

Your thoughts are so unholy

In the holiest of holes

Onward Christian soldiers

Filled with jive and mind control

Listen to those lyrics while looking at this GIF:

tumblr_m5drigbiCE1qeqhuzo1_500.gif

Your argument is invalid. :P

I'm sorry, but a song with eighteen fucks in the choruses isn't a lyrical masterpiece no matter how good the verses are. :P

I'm sorry, but a song with eighteen fucks in the choruses isn't a lyrical masterpiece no matter how good the verses are. :P

Well yeah, I'll give you that! But omg those verses. wank.gif

• Like 4

Well yeah, I'll give you that! But omg those verses. wank.gif

...........didn't know we had that emoticon. :ermm:

On the bright side, at least it's still better than a song where the word 'fuck' makes up at least 98.9% of the lyrics. Although I'll never forgive Billie if he decides to head off in that direction. :toocool:

(Insert bad Norwegian death metal joke here)

Billie really likes the word "suicide" for some reason.

Not as much as ''mind'' or stuff like that..

Also suicide is a beautiful word even if it's sad..

• Like 1

Not exactly a random thought but a random thing... most of my university interviews have involved questions like "what does the philosophy of photography mean to you?" (total bullshit question but that's off topic) but in my last one yesterday the guy asked "is Billie Joe cheating on his wife?" :lol:

• Like 2

Not exactly a random thought but a random thing... most of my university interviews have involved questions like "what does the philosophy of photography mean to you?" (total bullshit question but that's off topic) but in my last one yesterday the guy asked "is Billie Joe cheating on his wife?" :lol:

Did he really expect you know the answer to that? Or even that you speculate about it? Crazy! :lol:

Billie really likes the word "suicide" for some reason.

It's like suicide in my mind

Going fucking suicidal

reaching out to our suicides... (Bad Billie Joe lyric imitation)

Why were you being interviewed?

Why were you being interviewed?

Do universities in the US not do that? They rarely offer places without interviewing you first here.

Did he really expect you know the answer to that? Or even that you speculate about it? Crazy! :lol:

I was just like "oh, who knows?" and changed the subject :lol:

• Like 1

Do universities in the US not do that? They rarely offer places without interviewing you first here.

I was just like "oh, who knows?" and changed the subject :lol:

Oh admissions interviews? Yeah

I was listening to On The Wagon the other day and I realised i have no idea what "i need some kind of output for input twice the size of my one inch mind" means.

I was listening to On The Wagon the other day and I realised i have no idea what "i need some kind of output for input twice the size of my one inch mind" means.

Just taking a crack at it

The narrator is an ignorant and/or narrow-minded individual, and is trying to process information coming from someone a bit wiser. No clue how that fits the context of the rest of the lyrics though.

• Like 1

Just taking a crack at it

The narrator is an ignorant and/or narrow-minded individual, and is trying to process information coming from someone a bit wiser. No clue how that fits the context of the rest of the lyrics though.

That kinda makes sense...thank you :)

Whenever i listen to the older albums, I always get a happy feeling inside of my chest. This usually tends to make me want to rock out to the songs. But i've always liked Insomniac more than the rest of the albums only because of its dark punk sound :happy:

I've always liked American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown the most, besides all of the other albums. To be honest, it has not really a heavy punk sound but a punk sound that just catches my attention more and makes me say, "Now this is a really good song". I also relate to the songs more off of AI and 21st CB than i really do from the older albums or the Trilogy. American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown reminds me that i'm not alone and i can get through anything if i just take a chance to.

That's all i've got to say about that :)

• Like 3

So my "friend" thinks Alex Turner (Artic Monkeys) is more iconic and edgy frontman than Billie Joe. Wut

So my "friend" thinks Alex Turner (Artic Monkeys) is more iconic and edgy frontman than Billie Joe. Wut

So a young charismatic frontman for a band that's winning every award they lay their eyes on is currently more iconic than the 40 something frontman of a band who made their breakthrough 20 years ago and haven't been relevant to mainstream music in almost 10 years?

Say it ain't so.

I don't even like the AM apart from their first album and a couple of songs from the second, but this should hardly be a surprise to anyone. They're absolutely huge right now, whereas GD are at a low of almost Warning levels. The vast majority of teenagers probably only know Green Day as emos/some old guys who hate Justin Bieber/some old guys who tried to release a trilogy and failed utterly. While that's obviously an incorrect view of them, that's pretty much how it is.

So a young charismatic frontman for a band that's winning every award they lay their eyes on is currently more iconic than the 40 something frontman of a band who made their breakthrough 20 years ago and haven't been relevant to mainstream music in almost 10 years?

Say it ain't so.

I don't even like the AM apart from their first album and a couple of songs from the second, but this should hardly be a surprise to anyone. They're absolutely huge right now, whereas GD are at a low of almost Warning levels. The vast majority of teenagers probably only know Green Day as emos/some old guys who hate Justin Bieber/some old guys who tried to release a trilogy and failed utterly. While that's obviously an incorrect view of them, that's pretty much how it is.

True, but in the Grand scheme of everything, Alex doesn't even come close....

I'm pretty sure he's saying that the input into his mind, whether it be ideas he can't understand or advice he doesn't want to take, makes him want to act out in anger.

Say it ain't so.

Green Day have been irrelevant for like, 4 or 5 years, not 10. The lived off the AI success until early 2008, and then people were still psyched for 21CB until it fizzled out.

And is Arctic Monkeys that huge right now? I know of that but I've never heard anything of theirs on the radio and no one really talking about them (here in the States).

• Like 1

I was thinking how their could easily be an entire class devoted to GreenDayology , studying the different eras/albums and their most important events. I'd fucking take that class in a second

I would ace that class.

• Like 1

I would ace that class.

Unless the teacher grades hard and stupidly like in every English class.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic