Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Ok I must stop waiting for the announcer to say anything related to a new GD single after an old song is played.  

8 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Ok I must stop waiting for the announcer to say anything related to a new GD single after an old song is played.  

I say that but never actually follow through. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jake69 said:

21st Century Breakdown, love the album, hate the cover art. 

I agree, but I like the color scheme.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jake69 said:

21st Century Breakdown, love the album, hate the cover art. 

Agree! there were so many great photoshoot pictures to come out of that era, they should've put themselves on the cover of the album. I wonder if they'll put themselves on 12? 

I think Warning and the Trilogy are the only GD albums with pictures of the band on the cover. 

one of the greatest things in life is being a GD fan for years anf still being able to discover hidden gems. Currently on " Ballad of Wilhelm Fink" what a simple ,great song. never heard it before.

1 hour ago, Jake69 said:

This would of been a great cover for the album.Or this.

This post reminded me that all the members of GD have amazing facial structure.

EDIT: I messed up the link.

Cool bootleg playlist I found today. The scream in the beginning of Paper Lanterns is amazing. 

Not sure this qualifies as a thought.

• Like 2

I was discussing animated GD videos the other week (can't remember which thread, it might have been this one) and since then I have been watching it repeatedly. It is my favourite video. 

57 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

That acoustic performance of Rusty James is everything. 

Where's that? I don't recall it.

3 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

This is the only one I can find.  I like it. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

There's only one, posted above. It makes me wish they played acoustic encores with two guitars and backing vocals. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

There's only one, posted above. It makes me wish they played acoustic encores with two guitars and backing vocals. 

If they were a smaller band they could do pre-show acoustic sets, which, in my experience with other bands, are awesome.  Unfortunately, it's not really logistically possible to make it work well with a band as big as Green Day unless they charge an obscene amount for tickets,

I've always wondered why bands in general don't tend to use acoustic basses in their acoustic sets.  Anyone know why?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

If they were a smaller band they could do pre-show acoustic sets, which, in my experience with other bands, are awesome.  Unfortunately, it's not really logistically possible to make it work well with a band as big as Green Day unless they charge an obscene amount for tickets,

I've always wondered why bands in general don't tend to use acoustic basses in their acoustic sets.  Anyone know why?

I have no idea, they may think the sound blends with the acoustic guitars more. 

5 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I have no idea, they may think the sound blends with the acoustic guitars more. 

I like the 2 acoustic guitar sound as well, i just think it would sound even better with some subtle bass underneath.  Too much could ruin the feeling, but a little bit just to reinforce the guitars could only be positive.  Maybe I'm hugely biased as a bassist though :P

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

One of the best on the trilogy. 

Agreed, it's my favourite song from uno and I've just got properly back into it over the past few days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I like the 2 acoustic guitar sound as well, i just think it would sound even better with some subtle bass underneath.  Too much could ruin the feeling, but a little bit just to reinforce the guitars could only be positive.  Maybe I'm hugely biased as a bassist though :P

Agreed, it's my favourite song from uno and I've just got properly back into it over the past few days.

I'm all for bass! It would definitely make it even better. 

• Like 1

I was on this thread early last month celebrating that fact that I'd sneaked some GD onto Dad's new IPod. Unfortunately, I must deliver the bad news that earlier this afternoon he asked me to remove the GD songs from his IPod. He said he wanted them removed to free up more room for the songs he likes- which is fair enough- but I'm still disappointed about this :cry:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

The moral? Never try to persuade someone to like stuff you like. It seldom works, unfortunately. 

He likes some of GD's songs, but he'd rather listen to other stuff first. Nevermind.........

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

He likes some of GD's songs, but he'd rather listen to other stuff first. Nevermind.........

At least you tried :)

• Like 1

Y'know, I was thinking today that GD really hasn't put out a lot of studio albums in their nearly 3-decade-long career, but I just realized that Slayer only just put out their 12th album (same number as GD's next) last year, and they've been around for longer, and no one complains about their record-making rate like people do with Tool and Metallica.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic