Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

4 hours ago, Ztt84 said:

For whatever reason I got really excited and can't wait to hear some new Green Day music.

Wasn't the reason the foxies?

1 minute ago, Ztt84 said:

Okay, let me explain further, yes Foxboro was a reason, but sigh, we're all just fans of Green Day

But you are a fan of GD because of the foxies - yes - no - right. 

I am a fan of Green Day because of Green Day I have been a fan since the early 2000s 05 or 06 I think, I didn't even know about foxboro hot hubs or The Nnetwork, until 3 or 4 years ago, but I enjoy everything Billie Joe Mike Dirnt, And Tre Cool, do which is why listening to foxboro just suddenly got me really excited for new music from Green Day, sure the sound may be a bit different, but it's still Green Day to me :) Sorry, I couldn't really explain that well, I was too tired to think properly.

• Like 1

I watched Oh Love video for the first time since 2012 and I'm in awe of how bad is it. Drinking beer, rum (or what is it) and a bunch of girls laying around isn't edgy enough to shock so it's kind of stale and stereotypical. I remember someone said a while ago that it was meant to be that way and I agree with that point but it's meh anyway. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I watched Oh Love video for the first time since 2012 and I'm in awe of how bad is it. Drinking beer, rum (or what is it) and a bunch of girls laying around isn't edgy enough to shock so it's kind of stale and stereotypical. I remember someone said a while ago that it was meant to be that way and I agree with that point but it's meh anyway. 

I agree, it has only one redeeming quality which would be more appropriate to discuss in the fangirl thread...I'll post my colorful example of what is good about this video there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I have truly converted you - 2 for 2 - dump that bitch - she was the one who said that & she won't see this post as she is on holidays. ??

• Like 1

What do you think would've happened if Cigarettes and Valentines came out and it reached the same status as American Idiot?

9 minutes ago, Nimrod09 said:

Nothing would change lol

Wouldn't that have changed at least 21CB?

20 minutes ago, cayo said:

Wouldn't that have changed at least 21CB?

It's mute point - that's like arguing the trilogy's success or failure on whether rehab happened.

4 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

It's mute point - that's like arguing the trilogy's success or failure on whether rehab happened.

moot* point

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I think the idea was that they were playing stereotypical "rockstars" hanging out with models etc, acting in a superficial way and only concerned with lust so it's like the opposite of the song's title. But it's badly executed/acted so it just looks like themselves being awkward around models. The more explicit version on the Playboy site was slightly better (it at least kind of looked like they were having fun) but overall it is poorly done. If it was done way over the top to make it obvious they were playing characters ironically instead of looking like they were actually trying (and failing) to look cool I think it could've worked.

• Like 3

They clearly didn't take enough time to fully think the concept of that video through. Both the video for Oh Love and Kill The DJ lacked creativity, probably because the idea was to shoot those videos fast in order to get as many videos done within the tight promotion time for all 3 albums. I guess their aim was to have at least 2 official music videos per album.

On 6/25/2016 at 0:02 PM, Nimrod09 said:

I was just about to say that. The lyrics are amazing and Billie Joe's vocals are incredible on that song.

Also Prosthetic Head is a fucking amazing song that no one ever talks about.

Prosthetic Head is my favorite song off nimrod. Cheers to you!

13 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

I agree, it has only one redeeming quality which would be more appropriate to discuss in the fangirl thread...I'll post my colorful example of what is good about this video there. 

I didn't want to mention it here but i agree ;)

13 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I have truly converted you - 2 for 2 - dump that bitch - she was the one who said that & she won't see this post as she is on holidays. ??

She's gonna find out what you did! :P

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I think the idea was that they were playing stereotypical "rockstars" hanging out with models etc, acting in a superficial way and only concerned with lust so it's like the opposite of the song's title. But it's badly executed/acted so it just looks like themselves being awkward around models. The more explicit version on the Playboy site was slightly better (it at least kind of looked like they were having fun) but overall it is poorly done. If it was done way over the top to make it obvious they were playing characters ironically instead of looking like they were actually trying (and failing) to look cool I think it could've worked.

This. I would have loved if they took it way further and did it in a similar style as Holiday. It would have worked just fine. 

• Like 2

I think it would be interesting if Green Day did a medley of their songs. As they have so many hits they would probably be restricted to just the chorus of each song. However, it would be interesting to see which songs they pick.

It just randomly crossed my mind - does anyone have any information on why Green Day refused to tour with The Rolling Stones back in 1999?

7 hours ago, Mato said:

It just randomly crossed my mind - does anyone have any information on why Green Day refused to tour with The Rolling Stones back in 1999?

Found this here:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=bbkSCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT173&lpg=PT173&dq=green+day+tour+"rolling+stones"+1999&source=bl&ots=2-4XTzIywC&sig=-Y0LaKGSXFQlO6RgraDuE0IYjL8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwicvL2Ek8_NAhVWGsAKHW5mAg0Q6AEIKTAB#v=onepage&q=green day tour "rolling stones" 1999&f=false

Looks like it was because they needed a break.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mato said:

i think they were asked to open for them which they refused.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I liked the part about the recording process of Warning. Such an interesting insight on how that album was recorded.

It's incredible that so many people get his name wrong. Even when I was looking for CDs ages ago, his Foreverly cd with Norah Jones was filed under Billy Joe Armstrong! For goodness sake, you'd expect a music store to spell artists names correctly. 

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic