Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I lean towards sucked but they don't want to just say it sucked

Agreed

Well, C&V exists so I'd say they acually worked on it. So yeah, I bet it sucked. CV itself is quality-wise on the same level as the Trilogy - they didn't want to release that after Warning. 

Warning may have been a commercial failure, but it is not, artistically and quality wise.   

• Like 1

Agreed

Warning may have been a commercial failure, but it is not, artistically and quality wise.   

I agree, however, they sure couldn't release another album that would meet with mixed reactions. 

:D sorry, my phone sometimes messes with quotes since the update 

That's a pity, I hoped it would solve the mystery :) they might prefer to avoid mentioning it so they can come up with it later. If they ever release C&V, even as a bonus material, they will want to hype it as the "big secret revealed". 

I just meant what I said works either way, wasn't criticising your quoting :) 

I don't really think it is much of a mystery, they've said they realised the material they were working on wasn't up to scratch so decided to scrap it and try something more challenging instead. Pretty clear that's what they did.  The only dodgy part is the bit about tapes being stolen, but whether that happened or not they still could've carried on with C&V if they'd wanted, either way they made the decision to abandon what they were working on and start again to make a better album. They're usually like ;);) when they talk about the tapes being stolen anyway, they don't seem to very secretive about it being made up or at least an exaggeration.

• Like 1

I just meant what I said works either way, wasn't criticising your quoting :) 

I don't really think it is much of a mystery, they've said they realised the material they were working on wasn't up to scratch so decided to scrap it and try something more challenging instead. Pretty clear that's what they did.  The only dodgy part is the bit about tapes being stolen, but whether that happened or not they still could've carried on with C&V if they'd wanted, either way they made the decision to abandon what they were working on and start again to make a better album. They're usually like ;);) when they talk about the tapes being stolen anyway, they don't seem to very secretive about it being made up or at least an exaggeration.

agreed. They did make up a cool story to go with it that's why I think they might want to release it one day. 

• Like 1

agreed. They did make up a cool story to go with it that's why I think they might want to release it one day. 

Yeah, and now if they want to release it it'll be easier to do it with that cool story attached rather than just having said the songs weren't up to standard. Going by the songs we've heard from that time (including the song C&V) I can see why they decided that, they're not nearly as interesting and ambitious as anything on AI. But they are good songs, so while they might not have been good enough for the big comeback album they wanted they still might be good enough to put out another way or at another time.

• Like 1

Random thought that came to me... one reason why bands like Green Day are so good is because most of the time in life you don't want the answers or solutions to your problems. You just want to know that someone else feels the same way. Personally the lyrics to songs like Armatage Shanks, Christie Road and Burnout mean so much to me for the help I've found in them. Sure many other Green Day fans have their own songs which they find particular help them.

• Like 4

Random thought that came to me... one reason why bands like Green Day are so good is because most of the time in life you don't want the answers or solutions to your problems. You just want to know that someone else feels the same way. Personally the lyrics to songs like Armatage Shanks, Christie Road and Burnout mean so much to me for the help I've found in them. Sure many other Green Day fans have their own songs which they find particular help them.

Yeah I know what you mean  and I feel the same way. It was a relief, like someone finally understood me and how I feel. Nobody else in my life does. 

Hey I'm new here and Can I just say that the next album Green Day releases will be greater than anything they've ever done?  I fucking feel it.  It's gonna be something extraordinary

Oh and not to break some hearts but 21st Century Breakdown is their best album.  Screw the hate hahaha

Hey I'm new here and Can I just say that the next album Green Day releases will be greater than anything they've ever done?  I fucking feel it.  It's gonna be something extraordinary

Oh and not to break some hearts but 21st Century Breakdown is their best album.  Screw the hate hahaha

Welcome! I hope so, but however it compares to other albums it's also just exciting having no clue what direction they'll go in, I can't wait to find out what it'll be.

And I have a lot of favourites but 21st CB is one of them :D, amazing album and the most ambitious and complex music they've made so far for sure. 

• Like 2

Welcome and 21 CB is one of their best, I totally agree!

• Like 2

It has way too many vocal effects and other shit that's completely unnecessary. The song structure of some of the tracks remind me of JOS. Jumping from one thing to another and back again and I hate that. They should have just kept it simple. The only plus for me is Mike singing in American Eulogy. Songs like Restless Heart Syndrome, Horseshoes And Handgrenades, Viva la Gloria (Little Girl), Peacemaker, East Jesus Nowhere, Before The Lobotomy are complete crap. I would put Christian's Inferno there too, but it has a catchy chorus and that saved it.

• Like 2

I agree with the part of the vocal effects, I love the album though. So, I don't like every song, I think Christian's Inferno and Static Age sound shitty and I don't like Before the Lobotomy, Last Night on Earth and See the Light too, but the rest is awesome. To each his own :P

I love the album, but I could never really get into East Jesus Nowhere. Though, it's my brother's favorite song by them. I don't know why, it's kinda weird how you really get no say in what you like and don't, because it's all up to your mind. :lol: 

I love the album, but I could never really get into East Jesus Nowhere. Though, it's my brother's favorite song by them. I don't know why, it's kinda weird how you really get no say in what you like and don't, because it' all up to your mind :D

East Jesus Nowhere has incredibly grown on me over the years. Especially the lyrics. I think they're the reason why I changed my mind. I used to dislike whole 21CB but it has become my favorite. For example I couldn't stand Before The Lobotomy and now I think it's really good even though the vocal effects are a bit too prominent at the beginning.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic