Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I watched this in full yesterday, few of my thoughts:

1) The crowd is incredible, so full of energy and I feel like BJA fed off of it so well. They deserved the brilliant show they got. 

2) Green Day is HILARIOUS when they're high. They're high right?? It certainly seems like it. BJA was doing some pretty insane stuff, like grabbing the camera and flipping everyone off. Standard I guess. 

3) Going to Pasalacqua is probably the most underrated song in Green Day history, even better live. 

4) I find it so impressive how Green Day sounds so brilliant live, almost like listening to the CD. Many bands falter live (Ex: Linkin Park aren't very good live IMO). 

5) BJA pours everything into it on stage, lots of fun to watch. 

6) Overall a really good show, the setlist is really good, the crowd was into it, and the performance was amazing. Its exhilarating to watch on youtube, wonder it must've been actually being there.. 

2) Green Day is HILARIOUS when they're high. They're high right?? It certainly seems like it. BJA was doing some pretty insane stuff, like grabbing the camera and flipping everyone off. Standard I guess. 

BJ was definitely on speed. Mike probably was too. Don't think Tré did speed back then though.

Edited by Hermione
Please don't quote videos

I was out eating ice cream and a girl passed by me wearing a GD shirt. On her way out I flashed her my GD phone case and we shared smiles.

I just love those little "we like the same thing" moments with strangers. :P

Happened with me once. I was on the metro humming Stray Heart when a couple of foreigner girls just looked at me in awe. Then we started talking Green Day until it was time for me to de-board. :D

• Like 4

Watching high people scares me. I love this performance but he makes me think of junkies who freak me out. 

I think a lot of it is an act though, he probably was taking speed at the time but a lot of his antics (the "you rub it, you rub it..." rant, being angry/snotty and general manic/jumpy behaviour) were just part of his stage persona too.

• Like 2

I think a lot of it is an act though, he probably was taking speed at the time but a lot of his antics (the "you rub it, you rub it..." rant, being angry/snotty and general manic/jumpy behaviour) were just part of his stage persona too.

I agree with that and I enjoy his stage persona but I'm not like "wow he's so smashed, that's hilarious". Jaded in Chcago is a good act but watching people being crazy on speed irl is not such fun.

• Like 1

BJ was definitely on speed. Mike probably was too. Don't think Tré did speed back then though.

Yeah Tre is just weird in general, he didn't seem too different. Just his normal shtick. 

I was walking through Hamburg today wearing my Green Day t-shirt (a Trilogy one, grey with pink crosses over black skulls) when a girl suddenly told me she loved the t-shirt and wanted to take a picture of it. She was a fan and we talked a little bit about our favorites songs. I've literally been waiting for something like that to happen since I bought the t-shirt, it's nice to know that someone out there loves the same things that you do. Yet it seemed a bit awkward, if I saw someone wearing a GD t-shirt I'd certainly show them my appreciation, but I doubt I'd ask them if I could take a picture of it.

Loved it though :P

• Like 2

I was walking through Hamburg today wearing my Green Day t-shirt (a Trilogy one, grey with pink crosses over black skulls) when a girl suddenly told me she loved the t-shirt and wanted to take a picture of it. She was a fan and we talked a little bit about our favorites songs. I've literally been waiting for something like that to happen since I bought the t-shirt, it's nice to know that someone out there loves the same things that you do. Yet it seemed a bit awkward, if I saw someone wearing a GD t-shirt I'd certainly show them my appreciation, but I doubt I'd ask them if I could take a picture of it.

Each to their own - you posted the encounter on a fan website.

• Like 1

Offtopic, but are you German?

Finalllyyyy finished the Green Day 2048 this morning hahaha, I feel so proud :D

Yassss_zpsj5ryf041.png

• Like 2

Each to their own - you posted the encounter on a fan website.

Just to clarify - it wasn't meant to be a criticism, the point of the post was the encounter which I genuinely enjoyed as well as the fact that she wanted to take the picture!

Offtopic, but are you German?

No, I took a holiday there to see The Offspring at Crash Fest :)

• Like 1

Finalllyyyy finished the Green Day 2048 this morning hahaha, I feel so proud :D

Hidden Content

There's not much that can be compared to that feeling. :P

• Like 1

Green Day fans who get worked up about Wake Me Up jokes month or two in advance are incomparably funnier than literally every single one of those jokes. 

• Like 1

It's always bugged me that even though Jason is an official member of the band, he is always at the back of the stage whilst BJ and Mike are at the front

It's always bugged me that even though Jason is an official member of the band, he is always at the back of the stage whilst BJ and Mike are at the front

Seems to me that's just the way Jason and the band likes it. Fans made up the whole "official" label themselves, no one in the band ever made a big announcement about it, his role in the band just naturally grew from only being a live guitarist to also being part of the album recording process along with the other members. Seems like he prefers not to be in the limelight so much, and since there's no rule that everyone's role in the band has to be the same I don't see any problem with that.

He actually isn't really at the back of the stage though, he's on the left of the stage while Mike is on the right. He might stand a little bit further back sometimes and interact with the crowd less but that's probably his choice, his style is less in your face and more reserved. 

• Like 4

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic