Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Just legitimately yelled at my boyfriend for saying Green Day was bad. I guess I do still like them. 

Did he know who he was talking to? :lol:

Did he know who he was talking to? :lol:

He found out hahaha. I got super angry and worked up and told him that if he even tried to deny the importance of Dookie/AI he didn't deserve to have ears :mad:

I love them. That is a random Green Day thought.

This happens to me quite often too.  :)

• Like 1

A rough estimate: they'll make the next Jeff Show in spring 2016. That means the band is up to something next year. There's no way they'd shoot the show withought having something to propagate. If they're going to record an album and stick to the policy of not rushing anything, I wouldn't expect the album announcement to come before the show or certainly not until next year. Provided they'll want to play at least a few summer shows and then hit the Christmas market, the album should be recorded this winter/spring. All this boils down to the amount of material they have ready. (i.e. I might be way too optimistic.)

However, a tour in 2017 doesn't seem unrealistic to me. ( and neither does a little trip to Germany :toocool:)

He found out hahaha. I got super angry and worked up and told him that if he even tried to deny the importance of Dookie/AI he didn't deserve to have ears :mad:

Which is easily one of the best conclusions ever. 

What I think of every time I hear the 'Mr. Whirly' line on Misery...

The dude from The Nightmare Before Christmas with the turning face and crazy moodswings

:lol:

1919836.jpg

• Like 2

Just something that came to my mind:

I didn't come a huge GD fan until after 21st Century Breakdown, specifically after I heard Static Age for the first time. At this point it was months after the initial release and they were touring, so I didn't really get to witness the bulk of their promotion and what not. When the trilogy was released, there was little promotion and little radio play. SO if/when they release their next album and if that album is somewhat popular, I don't know how I will react to hearing songs other than the classics on the radio and seeing them on TV doing promotion and what not. 

I know to a lot of people it seems like nothing but somehow, this is a big deal to this guy (me)

• Like 3

I didn't come a huge GD fan until after 21st Century Breakdown, specifically after I heard Static Age for the first time. At this point it was months after the initial release and they were touring, so I didn't really get to witness the bulk of their promotion and what not. When the trilogy was released, there was little promotion and little radio play. SO if/when they release their next album and if that album is somewhat popular, I don't know how I will react to hearing songs other than the classics on the radio and seeing them on TV doing promotion and what not. 

I know to a lot of people it seems like nothing but somehow, this is a big deal to this guy (me)

That will be weird :D but I'm game for that if the promotion isn't dumb :D. They seem to be trying a different approach, though. With 21CB they were aiming at teenagers and were everywhere. I think they want to let music speak for inself more. 

What I think of every time I hear the 'Mr. Whirly' line on Misery...

Hidden Content

I think of a whirlpool dishwasher with eyes. I'm cray. Lol

• Like 1

I became a fan after American Idiot so the first time I experienced a new album coming out and all the promotion etc was with 21st CB, it was a fun and exciting experience so if you're anything like me you'll enjoy it :D. Especially being on GDC, even if they don't go overboard with promotion and TV appearances next time seeing everyone else on here anticipating it/reacting to it makes it feel bigger.

• Like 3

yep it is exciting to see them everywhere - I hope but highly doubt they will reach that level again.  I just want a great album - the rest will fall into place. 

• Like 1

I became a fan after American Idiot so the first time I experienced a new album coming out and all the promotion etc was with 21st CB, it was a fun and exciting experience so if you're anything like me you'll enjoy it :D. Especially being on GDC, even if they don't go overboard with promotion and TV appearances next time seeing everyone else on here anticipating it/reacting to it makes it feel bigger.

Yeah when the trilogy was coming out, it was exciting to see everyone freak out about the album leaks and rating all the songs and I what not, I am just more excited to hear a new song on TV or on the radio, that's what I am looking forward to the most. 

[cue "fake fan" comments, etc., I know :P]

ahh last  night I read "fake tan":lol: - makes sense now...

Random GD thought - fucking do something.

• Like 1

Saw a car with a Green Day decal on the back bumper.  Actually took a picture and if I can figure out how to block their license plate number I will post it.  :)

• Like 2

I was out eating ice cream and a girl passed by me wearing a GD shirt. On her way out I flashed her my GD phone case and we shared smiles.

I just love those little "we like the same thing" moments with strangers. :P

That's awesome, I can visualize it :lol: Two Green Day fans sharing what's known as the 'idiot smile'. When you're a GD fan, it's an honor to be an idiot hahaha, I haven't encountered anyone wearing GD merch yet, but there's still time :ninja: 

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic