Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I think it's intentionally over-the-top.

And there was that record store day release this year with a couple songs from its soundtrack or whatever. I bought it, and well...

Buy it if you like to waste money. The picture disc is cool, and the songs are interesting, but it won't wow you or anything.

It is supposed to be satirical.  But it is just a bad film, so bad that it is pretty much unwatchable.

• Like 1

It is supposed to be satirical.  But it is just a bad film, so bad that it is pretty much unwatchable.

Reminds me of 90% of comedy movies out now!

And there was that record store day release this year with a couple songs from its soundtrack or whatever. I bought it, and well...

Buy it if you like to waste money.

There are like 4 songs in the whole "musical"...

I just thought of Billie's voice in it. :Sand about the puppet sex and about that swastika from penises. The problem with satire in this movie is that I just fail to see what is it targeted at. I saw it a long time ago and don't remember much so that might be the reason though. 

You're not even close. This is pure insanity. It's like a  Lushotology manifesto 

• Like 1

There are like 4 songs in the whole "musical"...

There are FOUR songs in a musical? Or are there more but they're so bad they shouldn't be considered songs?

There are FOUR songs in a musical? Or are there more but they're so bad they shouldn't be considered songs?

I don't know how many songs are there exactly, but I remember being surprised there were just a few. 

I would rather watch a marathon of Adam Sandler movies, made after the Wedding Singer than watch this movie once.  

The best song in the movie is Mechanical Man, you be the judge

I would rather watch a marathon of Adam Sandler movies, made after the Wedding Singer than watch this movie once.  

The best song in the movie is Mechanical Man, you be the judge

this.
the movie is so hilariously bad. i wanna watch it right now.

The best way to watch Live Freaky Die Freaky is with the director's commentary turned on. It's John, Billie and Jane Wiedlin sitting watching the film drinking and talking shit, very amusing. Billie gets adorably excited when characters voiced by his friends come on screen, and is adorable in general.

• Like 1

The best way to watch Live Freaky Die Freaky is with the director's commentary turned on. It's John, Billie and Jane Wiedlin sitting watching the film drinking and talking shit, very amusing. Billie gets adorably excited when characters voiced by his friends come on screen, and is adorable in general.

is there somewhere where I can watch this

Edited by StuckWithDom

is there somewhere where I can watch this

It's just an option on the DVD, if you select it you hear it over the film. I don't think it's online anywhere I'm afraid, as far as I know.

Do you physically see him being adorable?  And if so, is he wearing a wet suit or his red flannel shirt, because that is the only way this atrocity of a film would be watchable.

• Like 1

Do you physically see him being adorable?  And if so, is he wearing a wet suit or his red flannel shirt, because that is the only way this atrocity of a film would be watchable.

Sadly not, but on the plus side it means you could use your imagination to picture him wearing whatever you want. There's some bonus videos of him recording his lines though, and they're on youtube.

• Like 1

Okay why did Green Day not use the oxford comma in "Sex, Drugs & Violence" and "Blood, Sex & Booze"?

I am ashamed. Heartbroken. Crushed. Devastated. Distraught. Why, Green Day? Why?

• Like 2

Okay why did Green Day not use the oxford comma in "Sex, Drugs & Violence" and "Blood, Sex & Booze"?

I am ashamed. Heartbroken. Crushed. Devastated. Distraught. Why, Green Day? Why?

Because Mr. Armstrong happens to be a HS dropout. This probably accounts for a certain degree of illiteracy.

• Like 1

Oxford commas aren't punk

not at all  :P Blood Sex & Booze looks way cooler. The comma makes it look less like one slogan and more like a list. That might have been the reason. 

not at all  :P Blood Sex & Booze looks way cooler. The comma makes it look less like one slogan and more like a list. That might have been the reason. 

But without the comma, it becomes Blood Sex and Booze instead of Blood and Sex and Booze.  Then the question becomes what the hell is Blood Sex and it becomes some of Billie's nonsensical lyrics again. 

• Like 3

But without the comma, it becomes Blood Sex and Booze instead of Blood and Sex and Booze.  Then the question becomes what the hell is Blood Sex and it becomes some of Billie's nonsensical lyrics again. 

Even though I'm trying not to, I can imagine that blood sex could be a name of something very gross and BDSM related, which would fit the theme of the song. Sex Drugs is still a mystery, though. 

Edited by Jane Lannister

I am most likely wrong but I vaguely recall reading something somewhere that stated that the Brits don't always use Oxford commas. Not that that was terribly relevant to the matter at hand, but....

Edited by Laetitia

Billie Joe clearly knows the importance of following the AP Stylebook.

• Like 1

Clearly, Billie is implying a gory sadomasochistic sexual intercourse.

P.S./EDIT: I've now realized that this is clearly another proof that Billie Joe is a bloodthirsty vampire and the band Green Day is a front for him and his vampire cohorts. (I should really make a thread about this.)

Edited by Pat1308
  • Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic