Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

"See you at band practice." -- Mike

I know, I was there to hear that in person too. :P I'm not saying there's any plausible reason to think they won't tour again — my feelings of acceptance toward the idea is what frightened me more than anything, I guess. I was upset for a few minutes that the Nifi Fest was canceled, but I got over it almost immediately. It was strange.

I disappear for a week & look what happens alissa....

I know, I'm one step away from catching #moditus now... :cry:

• Like 1

The surfer chick said that Mike and Tre were there too. Clearly they took a break from recording to surf

I just want them to tour, I miss them so much. :wub: At the same time, I'm kind off worried about missing their tour since I already have planned my summer vacation for 2016.

GD music (often Trilogy) seems to be a favourite choice in German TV productions, it seems. I´m always surprised, when I hear it, because it comes unexpectedly. :) Or maybe it´s just because I know the music and recognize it that gives me the feeling it´s used relatively often.

GD music (often Trilogy) seems to be a favourite choice in German TV productions, it seems. I´m always surprised, when I hear it, because it comes unexpectedly. :) Or maybe it´s just because I know the music and recognize it that gives me the feeling it´s used relatively often.

Which songs off the Trilogy are played mostly?

Which songs off the Trilogy are played mostly?

I remember Oh Love and Stray Heart. Next time I shall write the titles down as soon as I hear them. Sometimes they take songs of AI, and mostly it´s just the instrumental parts put together. It´s only a filler for the background, I just recognize the songs because they are from GD. Otherwise I wouldn´t even recognize the music at all...

• Like 1

Interesting, I notice that too. They used BOBD in a show I watched a while ago.

It's no surprise as Green Day is "sehr" popular in Germany

I remember Oh Love and Stray Heart. Next time I shall write the titles down as soon as I hear them. Sometimes they take songs of AI, and mostly it´s just the instrumental parts put together. It´s only a filler for the background, I just recognize the songs because they are from GD. Otherwise I wouldn´t even recognize the music at all...

I remember AI, also Oh Love and I think 8th Avenue Serenade, but I'm not sure with this one. I never pay attention to backround music, but I also recognize Green Day songs instantly.

It's no surprise as Green Day is "sehr" popular in Germany

Are they? It´s not my perception... In fact, I never met someone who really liked them, be it young people or older ones. And I never see them in a youth magazine (but I don´t look for them there, so it´s just my perception, too). I don´t find them on a channel either that every now and again broadcasts old live-concerts of different Rockbands. But I never happened to see GD. Hardly ever hear them on the radio. So, I don´t know... about them being "sehr" popular here...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

-my first concert here in germany back in 2009, the standing area of the venue sold out in nearly 20 minutes .. imo GD is very popular in germany

-it is always nice to see how much time and fun billie mike and tré are currently having with their friends and families, they deserve this .. but its also kinda sad how much time has gone since their last album/tour .. i mean their last "real" concert in germany was back in !2010! (2012 warm up/promotion shows .. 2013 festival shows) .. i guess i never missed them and their music so much like this before, i need them back in my life to help me out of my depressions :D

-the trilogy has nice instrumental parts, the music itself is awesome .. but the lyrics .. meh .. kinda uncreative and without any spirit

The only thing that bugs me about Green Day and Germany is that I couldn't get through with a trip to Konstanz in 2012. My parents and I have always wanted to go there, but when I suggested also seeing Green Day, they backed out even though I would pay for it myself  :D. Maybe we'll make a trip there this year and the missed opportunity hurts.

This is a totally random recollection - years ago, my grandparents almost took me to cinema to see Live Freaky Die Freaky. They were choosing a movie they would go to with me and the only  animated/puppet movie (= for kids) on was LFDF. Both of them were totally flabbergasted when they found out it was 18+. If only they knew...

• Like 3

This is a totally random recollection - years ago, my grandparents almost took me to cinema to see Live Freaky Die Freaky. They were choosing a movie they would go to with me and the only  animated/puppet movie (= for kids) on was LFDF. Both of them were totally flabbergasted when they found out it was 18+. If only they knew...

Probably a good thing that they didn't :lol:. And I didn't even know that was shown in cinemas

• Like 1

Probably a good thing that they didn't :lol:. And I didn't even know that was shown in cinemas

I agree, the movie's kind of disturbing no matter how old you are so they probably spared me a trauma :D 

I think it wasn't in all cinemas, but the one we go to has a "Film Club" which means that they sometimes show artistic films that aren't massively distributed and members can buy cheaper tickets. 

I agree, the movie's kind of disturbing no matter how old you are so they probably spared me a trauma :D 

I think it wasn't in all cinemas, but the one we go to has a "Film Club" which means that they sometimes show artistic films that aren't massively distributed and members can buy cheaper tickets. 

That's cool, I would've loved to see it in a cinema! Not with my grandparents though haha

• Like 1

Oh my god :lol: The first time I saw that movie I was 14 and needless to say it shocked me. I mean, the whole animated/stop motion/puppet movie thing is soooo misleading! 

• Like 1

A few month ago I read that Green Day had something to do with that movie, so I started watching it and I was like: :shok:   I've never finished it and I feel like I shouldn't. Seeing that with your grandparents would be awful  :lol:

• Like 1

A few month ago I read that Green Day had something to do with that movie, so I started watching it and I was like: :shok:   I've never finished it and I feel like I shouldn't. Seeing that with your grandparents would be awful  :lol:

My mom meter is coming out here.  Don't watch it.  

My mom meter is coming out here.  Don't watch it.  

I won't. I don't want to get traumatized completely.

• Like 1

I eventually watched it aged 13 or 14. I kind of have a thing for creepy stories so I enjoyed it. Don't remember much from it now, but I wasn't anyhow traumatized for sure. 

I eventually watched it aged 13 or 14. I kind of have a thing for creepy stories so I enjoyed it. Don't remember much from it now, but I wasn't anyhow traumatized for sure. 

The problem with it was not only was it pretty disturbing, it was just an awful film.  If it was well done, I can deal with disturbing.  This was just bad. 

• Like 1

The problem with it was not only was it pretty disturbing, it was just an awful film.  If it was well done, I can deal with disturbing.  This was just bad. 

Haven't seen it, but isn't it supposed to be satirical or something?

yeah, it's such bullshit that it sometimes makes you wonder how much of it was intentionally bad, stupid or over-the-top or if John Roecker attempted to make actual "art".

Haven't seen it, but isn't it supposed to be satirical or something?

I think it's intentionally over-the-top.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic