Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Yesterday I put on Little Steven's Underground Garage and he was playing Jesse Malin. I quickly went to change it when I thought, I bet he's going to play the Foxboro Hot Tubs next. Jesse Malin ended and then came Mother Mary. Good thing I stayed.

Yesterday I put on Little Steven's Underground Garage and he was playing Jesse Malin. I quickly went to change it when I thought, I bet he's going to play the Foxboro Hot Tubs next. Jesse Malin ended and then came Mother Mary. Good thing I stayed.

Lucky you, I've never heard FBHT on the radio.

Lucky you, I've never heard FBHT on the radio.

If you have satelitte radio, Little Steven plays them all the time. He does play Green Day as well, but more FBHT

• Like 1

If you have satelitte radio, Little Steven plays them all the time. He does play Green Day as well, but more FBHT

That's a good idea. I might try this, even though I'm not sure if I can make it work. I'm not used to using satelitte, because my dad and programmes in languages I don't understand occupy it :D

So, as I'm obviously a huge Potterhead in addition to being an Idiot, I decided to reread the infamous fanfiction My Immortal (how many here have heard of it?), out of sheer summer boredom. Before, I was never able to manage reading too far because of the godawful writing and plot and my inability to breathe for laughing my ass off. However, I got farther this time around and I noticed that Green Day is mentioned a few times, as is Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Needless to say, I'm absolutely horrified.

Edited by Laetitia
  • Like 2

So, as I'm obviously a huge Potterhead in addition to being an Idiot, I decided to reread the infamous fanfiction My Immortal (how many here have heard of it?), out of sheer summer boredom. Before, I was never able to manage reading too far because of the godawful writing and plot and my inability to breathe for laughing my ass off. However, I got farther this time around and I noticed that Green Day is mentioned a few times, as is Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Needless to say, I'm absolutely horrified.

I never managed to read it whole. And that's something because I'm a bad fanfic deviant. Dumbledore and Malfoy are incredibly funny, though.

Btw. your ava freaks me out. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw it.

I never managed to read it whole. And that's something because I'm a bad fanfic deviant. Dumbledore and Malfoy are incredibly funny, though.

Btw. your ava freaks me out. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw it.

I fell in love with this pic the first time I saw it. The funny thing is, if Tara Gilesbie weren't such a horrible writer, I might have been great friends with her. She has obviously read LotR ("Tom Satan Bombadil") and HP, and likes MCR and GD. But...the fic. I just can't. I nearly shit myself laughing.

---

"He had gren eyes like Billie Joe Amstrung and pale whit skin. He wuz wearing a blak ripped up suit wif Vans. It was......................Tom Bombodil!1111"

"And then…………… suddenly just as I Draco kissed me passionately. Draco climbed on top of me and we started to make out keenly against a tree. He took of my top and I took of his clothes. I even took of my bra. Then he put his thingie into my you-know-what and we did it for the first time."

"And den……………………………I jumped secxily in front of da bullet!11"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!” It was…………………………………………………….Dumblydore!"

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT….” Hargirid paused angrily. “BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”

"Then the gram rumper ran in and fucked me in the bromhole!"

"Oh my fuking satan!1” I screamed as I read it. On it said Evry1 Profesor Sinister is away. She is too gottik she is in Azkhabian now. Classes shal be taught by Dubledork who is bak but he shall not be principal 4 now. Sincerely Profesor Rumbridge."

"Yah Satan told me abot you.” Lusian said. He pinted to a groop of sexxxy gottik guyz. They where siting in a corner kutting. It wuz Serious, Vampire’s dad and………………Snap! All of them were wearing blak eyeliner and blak Good Chralootte band shirts. “Lizzen I’m in a goth band wif those guys.” he said. “Were playing 2nite at da Marylin Mason show as back-up. “ORLY.” I ESKED."

"It was…………………….Tom Bombodil!1111"

"Then……….. I jumped sexily in2 da Pensive."

"What the fuck r u doing!” I shooted arngrily. Snoop laughed meanly. He polled down his pants. I gasped- there was a Dork Mark on his you-know-wut!11!"

Edited by Laetitia
  • Like 1

I've read it partially at least three times, but can never finish it completely. I have watched someone on YouTube do a reading of it and a drinking game with it, though. I really want to read it again.

U mist sum ov da best, imo:

“CUM NOW!1!” Preacher McGongel yielded. We did guiltily. We left the room putting on our clothes. Snoop garbed the caramel and put it in his pocket.

“MR. WAY WHAT THE BEEP ARE YOU DOING!” Rumbridge shouted angrily. Dumbledore blared at her.

then suddenlyn………………. the floor opened. “OMFG NO I SCEAMED AS I FEEL DOWN. everyone looked At ME weirdly.”

Yes, she just shouted, "OMFG NO I SCEAMED AS I FEEL DOWN. everyone looked At ME weirdly."

“Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?” asked Professor McGonagall.

Then I went. Den I gasped…………………………………………………………….Snake and Loopin were in da middle of da empty hall, doin it, and Dobby was watching!1

We both looked at each other for some time. Harry had beautiful red gothic eyes so much like Dracos. Then……… we jumped on each other and started screwing each other.

“STOP IT NOW YOU HORNY SIMPLETONS!” shouted Professor McGoggle who was watching us and so was everyone else.
“Vampire you fucker!” I said slapping him. “Stop trying to screw me. You know I loved Draco!” I shouted and then I ran away angrily.
Just then he started to scream. “OMFG! NOOOOO! MY SCAR HURTS!” and then….. his eyes rolled up! You could only see his red whites.

And so many more

Edited by Bunz
  • Like 2

The Demolicious version of Sex, Drugs & Violence just came on shuffle and it just reminded me that it's so damn much better than the one on Tre. Seriously, comparing the two, the latter just feels so much more subdued and weak.

I agree — that was one of the songs where I noticed it most. That and Missing You. The studio version is just so flat in comparison, which is saying something, considering it's one highlights of the trilogy's studio recordings.

• Like 1

I agree that was one of the songs where I noticed it most. That and Missing You. The studio version is just so flat in comparison, which is saying something, considering it's one highlights of the trilogy's studio recordings.

I wish I could love it, but the chorus just fucking strangles it for me.

I agree — that was one of the songs where I noticed it most. That and Missing You. The studio version is just so flat in comparison, which is saying something, considering it's one highlights of the trilogy's studio recordings.

That and Little Boy Named Train, the backing vocals on the demo definitely add something.

• Like 1

That and Little Boy Named Train, the backing vocals on the demo definitely add something.

Eh, no. LBNT is definitely filler, no matter how you try to polish it.
  • Like 3

Eh, no. LBNT is definitely filler, no matter how you try to polish it.

I'm not saying it becomes a really good song, just that the demo moves it from the lower part of average to the middle part of average.

I'm not saying it becomes a really good song, just that the demo moves it from the lower part of average to the middle part of average.

I don't think anything can elevate it. Forgettable musical nature aside, it's an utter failure lyrically. Absolutely nothing in the song relates in any way to what Billie claims the subject matter is.

I don't think anything can elevate it. Forgettable musical nature aside, it's an utter failure lyrically. Absolutely nothing in the song relates in any way to what Billie claims the subject matter is.

I hate the song but I think it does relate to Tre.

I hate the song but I think it does relate to Tre.

Not about him. Billie said in interviews it was about a kid he knew whose parents were trying to make him a girl and wanted to cut his penis off (no, I am not making this shit up).

Not about him. Billie said in interviews it was about a kid he knew whose parents were trying to make him a girl and wanted to cut his penis off (no, I am not making this shit up).

What - I thought I saw an interview where he said the song was about him. Anyways OK - perhaps drug days. Who knows with him.

What - I thought I saw an interview where he said the song was about him. Anyways OK - perhaps drug days. Who knows with him.

Here's the quote from the interview (thank you based GDA):

One of [Train's] parents was born a hermaphrodite, and [their parents] cut off the penis. His/her whole life, this person wanted to be acknowledged as a man. The parents wanted the child to not be identified as a boy or a girl, and the child didn't really have a name --one week it's Tigger, another it's Train. Many years ago I wrote it down, and I always wanted to write a song called 'Little Boy Named Train.' [This] happened to someone else, but there's a part of me I was thinking about when I wrote it. There's a line: 'I'm always lost, I'll never change, give me directions and I'll get lost again.' Kind of autobiographical.

I remembered it a little differently from how Billie said it, but still, complete failure to communicate that subject matter.

• Like 1

I remembered it a little differently from how Billie said it, but still, complete failure to communicate that subject matter.

Certainly makes it an even shittier song. I only remember the last sentence.

I can't deny any of that, but I still think it has a decent overall sound, regardless of how its individual components measure up.

Just because the song was inspired by that it doesn't mean the song has to literally be about that.

Do you think the guys have a favourite Green Day song?

I know that Tre loves Horseshoes and Handgrenades. He commented on his forearm tattoo, saying something along the lines of 'Even if the song didn't make it onto 21st, I still would have gotten this tattoo'. From memory, he said he loves the drive of the song.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic