Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Not GD-related (shame on me), but I was listening to Guns N' Roses' Rocket Queen, heard moaning noises during the break and Googled it. Turns out my theory was right. Didn't know where else to post this.

On "Restless Heart Syndrom" BJ´s voice and the song itself always reminds me of John Lennon.

On "Restless Heart Syndrom" BJ´s voice and the song itself always reminds me of John Lennon.

Yeah, it totally does. He sounds a bit like him on that song.
  • Like 1

Yeah, it totally does. He sounds a bit like him on that song.

You feel the same? Cool! :)

• Like 1

Does anyone else feel that Billie's iHeart meltdown in 2012 was completely justified? I know that he was pretty much completely stoned at the time, but he had a valid point.

Does anyone else feel that Billie's iHeart meltdown in 2012 was completely justified? I know that he was pretty much completely stoned at the time, but he had a valid point.

No he didn't, their setlist wasn't cut short, he was just being a childish asshat. Sorry if that sounded snappish, we've just had this conversation a lot on here in the last three years. :P

Even if his point was valid, which it wasnt, there is no excuse for that type of behavior. He would have come off looking like an ass whether he was right or not. Plus being totally fucked is not an excuse, a reason for his behavior, but not an excuse.

Even if his point was valid, which it wasnt, there is no excuse for that type of behavior. He would have come off looking like an ass whether he was right or not. Plus being totally fucked is not an excuse, a reason for his behavior, but not an excuse.

I realize that it wasn't the best response under the circumstances, but I read somewhere that Usher (I think) went over his allotted time by preaching some sort of sermon. If that's true, I think Billie had a right to be angry with iHeart. It's not fair to cut into others' time like that. It's completely disrespectful and shows an absolute disregard for the acts that will come on after you. Obviously, they've been planning their setlists for a while, and it's rude to use their time in such a way that it forces said acts to amend aforementioned setlists. I don't think that, if this was truly the case, with Usher going overtime, iHeart had any right not to stop him and to take twenty minutes off of GD's set. GD might be controversial, but they deserve as much respect as almost any other band/musician. While I agree that Billie's bringing Justin Bieber into his rant was uncalled-for (even though JB is a disgusting little snot), I didn't care much that he made an ass of himself, because I completely agreed. Green Day released a statement later on apologizing for the incident and stating that their set was not, in fact, cut short, but was that truly the case? Is there proof? I'm genuinely confused, because the version of events that I heard about partially justifies Billie's tantrum, IMHO. If I were he, I would have been irate as well, and the drugs and alcohol probably intensified his lack of judgment. Summing up, I, for one, thought his rant had an element of truth to it.

I realize that it wasn't the best response under the circumstances, but I read somewhere that Usher (I think) went over his allotted time by preaching some sort of sermon. If that's true

It isn't.

It isn't.

Well, I don't know then. Why was GD's set cut short? Was it? Everything that I read on or heard about the incident all reported the version of events that I described. I wasn't a GD fan back then, so I can't say that I heard anything about it back in 2012.

Well, I don't know then. Why was GD's set cut short? Was it? Everything that I read on or heard about the incident all reported the version of events that I described. I wasn't a GD fan back then, so I can't say that I heard anything about it back in 2012.

It was not cut short, they had the same time as other acts that evening and the band's Facebook page said as much the next day.

Green Day's set wasn't cut short, Billie just wasted a load of time being a drunk arsehole trying to dance with a 12 year old girl.

Green Day's set wasn't cut short, Billie just wasted a load of time being a drunk arsehole trying to dance with a 12 year old girl.

I haven't heard this part of the story anywhere before....

Billie was going to make an exclusive announcement that night and iHeart cut his set short so Rihanna could have more time onstage.

Wait, then, was GD's set cut short or not?

Why are we still talking about this? Billie Joe was not at all justified, he was being a fucking drunk arsehole like 90% of the time he's onstage, end of story.

Somehow iHeart always seems to worm it's way into the conversation, no matter what the conversation was originally about

• Like 2

Wait, then, was GD's set cut short or not?

What everyone else said is 100% true. Their set was not cut short. Billie was so fucked that he behaved like a total arse. He was in no way shape or form justified by what he did that day.

If you want to take any good out of it, he was forced to go to rehab and get his life back.

What everyone else said is 100% true. Their set was not cut short. Billie was so fucked that he behaved like a total arse. He was in no way shape or form justified by what he did that day.

If you want to take any good out of it, he was forced to go to rehab and get his life back.

But didn't Mike say he agreed with what Billie said on that night, somewhere?

But didn't Mike say he agreed with what Billie said on that night, somewhere?

Yeah, he actually did: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-green-days-mike-dirnt-on-billie-joe-armstrongs-recovery-20130301#ixzz2MJBoTt1s

Q: What was going through your mind as you saw Billie lose it on stage?

A: You know, truth be told, I agreed with what he said, outside of mentioning anybody else. I know that's not Billie. But the bigger side of it – I actually agreed with the rant. But I was watching my friend and going, "You're out of your fucking mind."

• Like 4

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic