Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I wanna hear them work with Iggy Pop again, their couple of tracks on Skull Ring were such fun rock'n'roll and we need more of it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I've been playing guitar tonight and did Wake Me up When September ends, now I can't stop watching live performances of it.  

It's powerful beyond words.  Billie loses it during so many performances.  In one he stops singing to gather himself.  In another he sobs through the last bit of the song.  You can see the tears cutting through the sweat on his face.   Man.  

Now I've got to go listen to "Too Dumb to Die" to cleanse this feeling.  

• Like 3

Waiting on my new guitar to arrive!

While trying to decide what kind to get I watched a ton of videos about Billie and Jasons gear and setup. There a ton of replicas of Blue out there, which is kind of cool. 

I nearly went with a Gibson or Strat but ultimately decided on a Bullet Telecaster. It's supposed to be the best guitar in the lower price range.

I still may get a Gibson one day, but not today. Today I await my Arctic Blue! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

That interview is frickin' hilarious!

There are times I think these three should have their own tv or radio show.  Cant see anyone network taking it on though 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jengd said:

There are times I think these three should have their own tv or radio show.  Cant see anyone network taking it on though 😂😂

I’d watch that show. 😬

They gave Ozzy Osbourne a show and you can’t understand a damn thing that man says... 

1 hour ago, DadBod said:

I’d watch that show. 😬

They gave Ozzy Osbourne a show and you can’t understand a damn thing that man says... 

Haha, you can if you are British but it's sometimes better not to know what Ozzy is saying 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Haha, you can if you are British but it's sometimes better not to know what Ozzy is saying 😂

I always had the subtitles/close captioning turned on. 

• Haha 1

I really want to see it live. Hope Billie keeps playing it acoustic here and there 

• Like 3

Very interesting look at the music that gave rise to Green Day!  

Now I have to listen to all the bands mentioned here, and currently I'm listening to the first Buzzcocks record. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oooh I saw that video on YouTube today and I thought I should probably watch it!! I haven’t yet, but I probably will eventually. 😂 It sure looks interesting, anyway. 

searched up Green Day on twitter and saw "Green Day Phineas"

So desperate to hear new Green Day, I came across this.  Don't know how I missed this, but it's got Tre Cool singing and hassling Hank Hill.   Kind of want to download these songs.   

"Thou Shalt Not" and "Fun Center!" 

What if THESE ended up on Album 13?   Perhaps as part of a 5 part song????????

Welp, I think I've officially heard everything the guys have ever done.    This was it.  The final frontier of Green Day. 

• Like 1

So I'm listing his 15-song list as it goes:

Brutal Love

Nuclear Family

Amanda

Lazy Bones

Oh Love

Baby Eyes

Lady Cobra

Let Yourself Go

Missing You

Dirty Rotten Bastards

Carpe Diem

X-Kid

Stray Heart

Sweet 16

Amy

I like the way he assembled it and how he describes it, perhaps the first thing I don't agree with is this statement that the trilogy had overall too many songs not to lose the audience, I could keep them all and still be the most satisfied about it! But if I had to make a 15-song list, it would be the same as his apart from:

Baby Eyes

Lady Cobra

Let Yourself Go

Carpe Diem

X-Kid

Amy

which I all enjoy especially the three last ones, but that I would replace (without talking about the order here, but only about what I think are the greatest trilogy songs) with:

Fell For You

Walk Away (these are my 2 fave trilogy songs and like in my 5 GD top songs so... despite the sensibility he had with other songs that I love from the trilogy, I can't forgive him not putting those two in the list :P)

Little Boy Named Train (love that song, it feels so lighthearted, yet it's so deep, awkward and personal. The riff is one of the funniest every to play)

Stay The Night (I mean, come on!)

99 Revolutions (history will prove itself in halls of justice and lost souls :wub:)

The Forgotten (I appear as a Tre lover but it's true, I love this song so much. I'm thinking of getting lyrics tattooed and "sometimes you're better lost than to be seen" speaks to me a lot. I love songs like Baby Eyes and Lady Cobra but songs like this, and ballads in general from Billie, have my preference. 

Nailed the start of Panic Song on my walk.

Ive started to play the catalogue so I must need new GD.

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

What do you think of his choices?

Brutal love - what can I say best song from the trilogy - my top 5 GD songs.

Nuclear Family - Id keep it in only because I heard it in the encore at Soundwave & it was pretty cool

Amanda  Kill the DJ - the funkiest tune

Lazy Bones - a keeper purely because its indicative of the era.

Oh love - I actually liked it as the lead single

Baby eyes Stop when the red lights flash -  chaotic start 

Lady Cobra

Let yourself go - was fun live

Missing you - yep totally agree with what he said

DRB overrated Stay the Night is a pearler 

Carpe Diem Walk away - I like it way more than I should

X-Kid - great song

Stray Heart 99 Rev - unlike most I loved this as a set opener & its pretty true when you visit Oakland.

Sweet 16 - Rusty James

Amy

Must be bored to have done that but I had the trilogy on constantly that summer & DOS is still one of my most listened to albums.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, J a c said:

Longshot’s I’ve got my problems has grown on me so much, so damn catchy. 

I love that song I wish it made the album. It sounds like Cheap Trick to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

I'm still waiting for The Longshot album to be released on CD. C'mon guys, I wanna add it to my collection!!! 

They (I'm going to assume it was Bill S who replied) said on the Longshot facebook page that they aren't doing a CD release. Only digital and vinyl. :sorry:

• Sad 2

• Liam unpinned this topic