Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Oh man...I haven't listened to that song in sooooo long. 

I liked that they brought back the harmonies for it. I’d been wanting to hear that again from them for a while.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I liked that they brought back the harmonies for it. I’d been wanting to hear that again from them for a while.

I love when they do harmonies. They're so good at them and it's sad that they don't take advantage of how good they sound doing harmonies more often.

• Like 1

Um...did the website just change to a Network theme with a bird on it?  

What the heck did I just see?????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Sorry, which website? Greenday.com certainly appears normal to me, so does GDC...

I got onto GDA on my cell phone and for a few seconds it was a white background with a big red Green Day logo in Rev Rad font and Fink from the Network was being pecked in the face by Toocan Sam.  I am NOT kidding.  I freaked out because I thought something new had just been released by the Network and then....back to normal GDA. 

What did I see????? Anyone else?? There was a caption with the bird but it vanished before I could read it.  It was a question I think!!!! 

Happened around 4:57 or so.

12 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

At some point I used Mike and Jason to model potential outfits for my fantasy novel. I just rediscovered them months later having forgotten they existed and questioned why I'm like this

I don't know why Jason isn't modelling silk robes tho. He's made for it.

This is exactly what I needed today :lol:

• Haha 1

Nobody else saw the whole site turn white?  There was the red Green Day logo like usual, but beside it was Fink from the Network getting questioned by a bird, possibly Tucan Sam! 

I think my phone could have been slow to load the background and someone's profile picture got frozen on my screen....that is my best guess. 

Man I freaked when I thought The Network surprise-dropped Omega 3000!!!!  

Too bad Green Day railroaded those guys out of a career.  I saw Svengalli on Roekers facebook page the other day and oh the memories.  

55 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Nobody else saw the whole site turn white?  There was the red Green Day logo like usual, but beside it was Fink from the Network getting questioned by a bird, possibly Tucan Sam! 

I think my phone could have been slow to load the background and someone's profile picture got frozen on my screen....that is my best guess. 

Man I freaked when I thought The Network surprise-dropped Omega 3000!!!!  

Too bad Green Day railroaded those guys out of a career.  I saw Svengalli on Roekers facebook page the other day and oh the memories.  

I was online when you say this happened but on my laptop so, no, I didn't see anything like that.  Sorry, Dude, must be God's Favorite Band playing tricks on you.  :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lizziebix said:

I was online when you say this happened but on my laptop so, no, I didn't see anything like that.  Sorry, Dude, must be God's Favorite Band playing tricks on you.  :)

I now believe it was The Insider whose picture I saw.   

The bird with the caption though, that's still got me stumped.  Maybe an ad for something.  

I just watched half of Stranger Things 3 and if you don't know, there is a character in the series named "Billy". Every time his name is mentioned, I think of "Billie". It's impossible to not think of Billie with an "ie" every time I hear the name because they sound the same. The character is a complete shit-head, but the actor is pretty hot so at least that lines up. I get to have nice eye candy while simultaneously hating his guts (Billy's, not Billie's lol).

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Every time his name is mentioned, I think of "Billie". It's impossible to not think of Billie with an "ie" every time I hear the name because they sound the same. 

In general I always assume "Billy" is spelled "Billie" because my best friend and most of the artists I know spell their name that way. And it just looks so much more appealing to me. Maybe I was conditioned by seeing Billie Joe's name everywhere growing up.

7 hours ago, Nightlife said:

The saxophone in Jackass cracks me tf up every single time I hear it

Same for me. And the fart noise in Stuck With Me.

14 hours ago, Nightlife said:

The saxophone in Jackass cracks me tf up every single time I hear it

It is some hilarious surprise saxophone. Also years ago my brother pointed out it kind of sounds like the song from the old Bodyform ads ("whoooooaaaaah Bodyform, Bodyform for yoooooouuuu") which I've never un-heard

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Montclare said:

This has been a big story in Chicago the past few days, and anytime I see something on it, my mind goes straight here,

That lagoon is just a couple of blocks from my office.  The area has been CRAZY with all kinds of pretend alligators.  I've been singing the FBHT's song for days. :lol:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

That lagoon is just a couple of blocks from my office.  The area has been CRAZY with all kinds of pretend alligators.  I've been singing the FBHT's song for days. :lol:

A friend of mine was there today and was posting pics of the inflatable alligators. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DadBod said:

Not really a thought, but this made me giggle:

I need to watch that again, one extremely high note in Green Day history.  I don't remember that part!  Welp, guess I know what I'm doing tonight....

• Liam unpinned this topic