Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I saw them at SxSW 2013 and they sounded good well except on Stray Heart Billie struggles a lot on that one imo but other than that I thought he sounded as well as he has on past tours 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

I saw them at SxSW 2013 and they sounded good well except on Stray Heart Billie struggles a lot on that one imo but other than that I thought he sounded as well as he has on past tours 

In 2013 he did but I’ve noticed there’s been a drop in vocal quality (though definitely not in energy) from the 2013 tour to RevRad.

God I hope they'll make more music videos like Back In The USA. Them just being dorks and overacting but still getting a more serious point through. I remember when it came out and I instantly got the inspiration from the movie 'they live', holy fuck I was so excited and I still love the video!

6 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

God I hope they'll make more music videos like Back In The USA. Them just being dorks and overacting but still getting a more serious point through. I remember when it came out and I instantly got the inspiration from the movie 'they live', holy fuck I was so excited and I still love the video!

At the time I thought it hinted at where they were heading musically and also a return to their silliness of the 90’s but that was so long ago now I don’t know if it says anything other than it was a really cool song/video. 

• Like 3

I don't mind what style of video it is so much but I LOVE when they act in videos themselves (as opposed to just playing the song and leaving acting to actors), it's always awesome and means you see another dimension of them as artists/performers.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pouty bitch said:

My parents legit just had an argument about Billie's actual penis and I can't believe that Billie flashing his dick a few times in the 90s is causing this much drama over 2 decades later.:lol:

About size?? :lol: what could there possibly be to argue about when there's photographic evidence? :lol:

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2019 at 3:56 PM, That Dude said:

It may just be all the fuss about the new Blink-182 song, but I feel like Green Day are about to do something soon.  

:)

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! PLEAAAAAAAASEEE!!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Maybe they argue about what could be the size after he's gone from 6 to midnight :P

savage

• Haha 1

What are the most listen to GD songs on your IPod? Mine:

1: Boulevard of Broken Dreams, my favourite GD song

2 & 3: Still Breathing & Bang Bang, two Rev Rad songs that I binge listened to when they came out and still regularly listen to

4: Basket Case, one of my favourite GD songs

5: Hitchin a Ride, as above

WMUWSE, Letterbomb & Forever Now are also among my most played 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

savage

No, I really think he's part of the guys who have a meaningful size change at that level. I once invited a friend and she saw some pics of Billie during gigs I had and asked me right away, without even commenting on his small build: "why is he turned on just by playing on stage?" :lol: she must have caught pics where the guitar isn't hiding that part. 

3 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

What are the most listen to GD songs on your IPod?

I don't have an Ipod and don't keep stats of my listening, but I bet my most listened GD song on my phone are Fell For You, Still Breathing, Brutal Love, Forever Now, Stray Heart, Walk Away, WMUWSE.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

No, I really think he's part of the guys who have a meaningful size change at that level. I once invited a friend and she saw some pics of Billie during gigs I had and asked me right away, without even commenting on his small build: "why is he turned on just by playing on stage?" :lol: she must have caught pics where the guitar isn't hiding that part. 

He once said he's a grower not a shower in some interview.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

He once said he's a grower not a shower in some interview.

Quality, not quantity 😉

• Like 1

I fucking love Foreverly! It's seriously one of my favorite albums and I listen to it a lot. It really shows off the beauty and versatility of Billie's voice and he and Norah blend so perfectly. I wish he would do more Everly Brothers covers with her!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I fucking love Foreverly! It's seriously one of my favorite albums and I listen to it a lot. It really shows off the beauty and versatility of Billie's voice and he and Norah blend so perfectly. I wish he would do more Everly Brothers covers with her!

I wish he'd do original songs in that style. Not necessarily country, but any kind of calmer music like Norah does.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jengd said:

And Highway 1 😍😍😍

Yes!  I hate that it was left off.  And I don't think there's any live versions out there (video wise).

• Liam unpinned this topic