Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

2 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Obviously I want to see GD as soon as possible... but there were 4 months between the tickets going on sale in September 2016 and the 2017 European arena tour starting in the January, therefore I'm already thinking that its unlikely I'll see them this year :cry:. I'm pissed that most of the bands I've seen in recent years have been in the winter months as I go into the venue in a coat as its freezing outside but then the coat is in my way during the gig.

I'm already thinking about where GD will play in the UK- hopefully it'll be Leeds arena again :unsure:

As a Canadian I understand this 1000% I saw Green Day in March once but I had a section 100 seat so I could atleast hang the jacket on the chair. I feel bad for those on the floor that have to carry it all night long 

36 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

As a Canadian I understand this 1000% I saw Green Day in March once but I had a section 100 seat so I could atleast hang the jacket on the chair. I feel bad for those on the floor that have to carry it all night long 

It's always in March - April in Canada. And like always I'm in front of the arena at 7AM with my winter jacket. 30 minutes before the doors open I put my jacket in my car and I freeze the rest of the time ahah

• Like 1

Going anywhere in winter sucks. Wtf am I supposed to do with my jacket? At most shows it's possible to put it away somewhere but then someone will pour beer on it :pinch:

58 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

It's always in March - April in Canada. And like always I'm in front of the arena at 7AM with my winter jacket. 30 minutes before the doors open I put my jacket in my car and I freeze the rest of the time ahah

Was the show you went to not a will call for floor tickets? I've been on the floor before but it was a will call. I showed up in town about an hour prior to the show lined up and ended up first row anyways. 

14 minutes ago, SnaggletoothRecords said:

Was the show you went to not a will call for floor tickets? I've been on the floor before but it was a will call. I showed up in town about an hour prior to the show lined up and ended up first row anyways. 

Well it's GA tickets and there is only one door. So the more you came early, better are your chances of being 1st row. And I don't want to have a winter coat on me during the show 😂
I think I only saw one Green Day show when I wasn't in the first row. It was in Montreal or New-York can't remember.

I would agree it's closer than we are thinking, but not as soon as we want. I think at the earliest we will get a late October or early November release, with a single maybe 2 or 3 weeks before. But that's at the earliest and just merely a guess! 

• Like 1

Been thinking about it, but has anyone noticed that Green Day and Nirvana use very similar power chords in their music? Why is that? 

• Like 1

They were fans of Nirvana and thus were quite influenced by them. Nirvana and many other bands.

• Like 1

There's only so many power chords. :PLikely there is some influence, but imo most of the resemblance comes from the fact that both bands are melodic punk and that's a style built on power chord riffs and not much else as far as harmony is involved.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Been thinking about it, but has anyone noticed that Green Day and Nirvana use very similar power chords in their music? Why is that? 

There's only so many power chords and basically any punk or grunge band are using these chords. 

I actually see more similarities between Green Day and Bad Religion than I do with Nirvana. 

• Like 1

I'm 99,9% sure I've already posted this exact thought a while back but it deserves to be said again: Peacemaker is such a JAM. I would love it if they played around with that kind of sound again! 

35 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I'm 99,9% sure I've already posted this exact thought a while back but it deserves to be said again: Peacemaker is such a JAM. I would love it if they played around with that kind of sound again! 

I just want them to experiment with sounds the same way, trying different styles but not based on what’s popular. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nightlife said:

I'm watching Broadway Idiot again 

I need to watch that again lol

When I first watched Broadway Idiot I was like 12 and just getting on to Green Day. I don't remember much from the movie except that I kept thinking about how HOT Billie is 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

An elderly man next to me on the train was listening to Christian's Inferno and I was like :ninja:

Edit: now I've spotted an American Idiot badge and this is cool since no one I speak to in England even knows who they are these days :happy:

So they’re there, they’re just underground (sometimes literally) 🙂

• Haha 3

I listened to Last Night On Earth again recently and I've always liked it; it's a beautiful song, but it makes me laugh too. During the part where Billie sings "My beating heart belongs to you" I always imagine him actually pulling his heart out of his chest while it's still beating and offering it up like "Here, you can have this." and it would just be like "Um... that's okay... you can keep it. 😕"

• Haha 1

I'm gonna be soooo afraid how She will sound during next tour. It was already rough to listen in RevRad Tour and I just don't wanna accept that the boys are gonna be 50 soon and probably not capable of playing fast and singing high anymore :(

• Like 1

I know, I'm just a fanboy who absolutely loved their form in 21CB Tour. Ageing sucks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

As someone the wrong side of 45, I wondered if given the gap since their last major tour, they were actually a little bit surprised by how much harder those intervening years had made it for them, sorry but it is part of the deal.  I hope they prepare better, if that's what is was, just to make life easier on themselves.  I think they will always give 100% every performance, but I hated to see Billie needing to use that inhaler.  I still think he sounded great when I saw them, they all were excellent as ever.

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic