Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't even know why Green Day in Angry Birds is considered that bad. They had a song in Freddy Got Fingered for god's sake :lol:. The American Idiot ringtones are total cringe, and I own a Green Day make up bag from Claire's Accessories. They probably thought it would be fun to see themselves as birds in the game :P, I don't know why they'd be considered above it looking at some of their previous promotion.

They were the pigs. :lol: I think it's rather funny than bad, the fact that there were Angry Birds with Troublemaker playing in the background is... quite something haha. But I agree it's not cringier than selling merch in Claire's. I just wasn't around for that so I couldn't compare.

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They were the pigs. :lol: I think it's rather funny than bad, the fact that there were Angry Birds with Troublemaker playing in the background is... quite something haha. But I agree it's not cringier than selling merch in Claire's. I just wasn't around for that so I couldn't compare.

Oh yeah! People were bothered by it at the time too, I just never knew why it was the limit when they'd just had a song in Transformers 2 with the last album :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, petros said:

Well obviously it's all on billie. We were just commenting on others position in it. 

Rob's job should have been to tell them as a producer to not release 37 songs and work more on 15 of them and release that. 

And he could have told them we don’t know if he did or didn’t but again boils down to that the producer doesn’t have final say they can suggest things all day to they are blue in the face but if the band doesn’t wanna do it or take heed it’ll fall on deaf ears 

• Like 3

One of my coworkers is always bothered when I put on my Longshot shirt. He is a massive comicbook fan and it bothers him that Billie's band used the same typo as the comicbook of the same name. He complains about this fact everytimes I put my shirt on. I told him yesterday that if he had a problem with my shirt, he should send his complains to Billie. :lol:

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, IcyMoffatt said:

One of my coworkers is always bothered when I put on my Longshot shirt. He is a massive comicbook fan and it bothers him that Billie's band used the same typo as the comicbook of the same name. He complains about this fact everytimes I put my shirt on. I told him yesterday that if he had a problem with my shirt, he should send his complains to Billie. :lol:

He rips everything off :lol:

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

And he could have told them we don’t know if he did or didn’t but again boils down to that the producer doesn’t have final say they can suggest things all day to they are blue in the face but if the band doesn’t wanna do it or take heed it’ll fall on deaf ears 

Obviously. To me I just understand a band can get ahead of themselves and that's the producers job to bring them back to reality. And if you watch Quatro all Rob is saying is how every song is good and it's important to release everything. Obviously even if he had told them privately they shouldn't release everything they wouldn't put it on the DVD I'm just saying. 

• Like 1

Yeah, in Quatro it looks like his job was to pat their shoulders, but yeah what else would they put into the movie.

I honestly think I'm more okay with a Claire's makeup bag than Angry Birds. Honestly, I didn't care, it didn't make me angry, it was more like a WTF for me. Also, I hate the game so there's that.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post this. If not delete it please, but is there a public quote saying Billie ever took heroin (the drug)? I don't think because he wouldn't look that healthy 😮I saw them back in the 90's (live) when I was a teenager but I don't think they took it. At this time weed was common in the scene where I used to live  in europe or meth, crack. 

Edited by Savannah89

I'm sad I just missed the era of Green Day in Claire's :( I did have these though

tumblr_pehyybJW3t1xeqo2io1_1280.jpg

In other news I made a RevRad jacket for Animal Crossing New Leaf. If anyone is still playing and wants to wear it, speak to Sable to scan the QR codes! 4/4 codes are here

tumblr_prgftxbpaw1wnd24ho1_400.jpg tumblr_prgftxbpaw1wnd24ho2_400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, fan-since-1995 said:

Don't know if I'm allowed to post this. If not delete it please, but is there a public quote saying Billie ever took heroin (the drug)? I don't think because he wouldn't look that healthy 😮I saw them back in the 90's (live) when I was a teenager but I don't think they took it. At this time weed was common in the scene where I used to live  in europe or meth, crack. 

I don't think so and that would make opioids the only drug type he hasn't mentioned doing. 

• Like 1

I rarely watch Green Days music videos but I just put on Redundant and totally forgot about the scream at the end. Scared the crap out of me since I already switched tabs in my browser just waiting for the next video queued up! 

Tomorrow night (about 20 hours from now) I'm running a night at Scouts where we are setting lots of silly little challenges. 

One will be for them to look up and memorise one verse and the chorus to a Green Day song. 

I'm opening nominations to you for which song I should give them. 

They are aged 14-18 so low key swearing ok, but need to stay 'professional' in what I give them. 

Any favourites you would like me to use? 

Thanks 

Still Breathing I feel would be a great choice. Or Are We the Waiting? 

• Like 2

Jesus of Suburbia, but the City of the Dammed chorus.

Do you want a well known song or more obscure to make it challenging? 

@Goofygoldfish

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

One will be for them to look up and memorise one verse and the chorus to a Green Day song. 

I've made several people to listen to GD songs and the one they always end up remembering is Still Breathing, the chorus precisely. So I can only suggest this one.

One of the people in question couldn't stop whistling the chorus, it was beautiful, and I was envious cause I can't whistle properly :P

• Like 1

@DadBod I don't mind! 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions 😊

And after all that, no-one chose to come to my base to try the challenge.... Gutted! 

I'll keep it up my sleeve for next time!!!! 

• Like 2

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm really starting to think the new album/tour is closer than we think.  All three wives are posting nostalgic pics of them on the Rev Rad tour!

• Like 3

I guess they will be planning it (or the management are) as they will have to book venues a long way in advance, so it will be current in everyone's minds, they for sure will be discussing which cities and countries they want to visit, and getting excited about all that comes with it. 

I would have thought it's still a year to the tour (maybe 9 months?) it depends on the logistics of venues being available when they want them I guess! 

• Like 3

We have a new venue near us which is far bigger than the previous one with the promise that many more acts will make it this far north but it hasn’t opened just yet so too early to tell.  I am not even daring to hope it will be on the next GD tour but if they did I could get to more shows.  🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

I guess they will be planning it (or the management are) as they will have to book venues a long way in advance, so it will be current in everyone's minds, they for sure will be discussing which cities and countries they want to visit, and getting excited about all that comes with it. 

I would have thought it's still a year to the tour (maybe 9 months?) it depends on the logistics of venues being available when they want them I guess! 

Of course this makes perfect sense but in all my excitement, I jumped the gun a bit.  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Of course this makes perfect sense but in all my excitement, I jumped the gun a bit.  😄

I would love it to be earlier 😁

Obviously I want to see GD as soon as possible... but there were 4 months between the tickets going on sale in September 2016 and the 2017 European arena tour starting in the January, therefore I'm already thinking that its unlikely I'll see them this year :cry:. I'm pissed that most of the bands I've seen in recent years have been in the winter months as I go into the venue in a coat as its freezing outside but then the coat is in my way during the gig.

I'm already thinking about where GD will play in the UK- hopefully it'll be Leeds arena again :unsure:

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic