Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

It may just be all the fuss about the new Blink-182 song, but I feel like Green Day are about to do something soon.  

:)

This is list of their albums best to worst:

1. Dookie

2. American Idiot

3. Nimrod

4. 21st Century Breakdown

5. Insomniac

6. Warning

7. Rev Rad

8. Kerplunk

9. Dos

10. Uno

11. 39 Smooth

12. Tre

On 5/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, jengd said:

Hey @That Dude did you see my pm suggesting you give Slaves a listen?  I think you need something to occupy you  and stop making mischief 😀😀😉

Going to check them out, thanks! 

I just had surgery, so I'm out of work for 2 weeks, hence the crazier posts.  

The good news is:  Using my Green Day powerpoint (seriously), I just discovered a few more people needing to join the ranks of Green Day! 

Mistress Simone!  Lady Cobra!  Elvis Costello and finally.....U2!  

So our complete Green Day line up is 62 guys and gals.  Oh and Drunk Bunny.  63.  

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

This is list of their albums best to worst:

1. Dookie

2. American Idiot

3. Nimrod

4. 21st Century Breakdown

5. Insomniac

6. Warning

7. Rev Rad

8. Kerplunk

9. Dos

10. Uno

11. 39 Smooth

12. Tre

Our lists are very different, but we've got two slots in common:   

Nimrod at #3 (but it's nearly tied with Warning for the #2 spot)

Smoothed at #11.   

8 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I've been listening to all my Green Day music on shuffle in the car recently while I'm driving and wow! Billie is fucking obsessed with bottle rockets!

Awwwlaaaaws?

Man, I didn’t care much for it at the time but the video for “Oh Love “ hasn’t aged well at all.

Seems to be at odds with Green Day’s feminism stance with the clear objectifying of women.

Am I missing something , is there a theme that i am missing somewhat ?

6 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Man, I didn’t care much for it at the time but the video for “Oh Love “ hasn’t aged well at all.

Seems to be at odds with Green Day’s feminism stance with the clear objectifying of women.

Am I missing something , is there a theme that i am missing somewhat ?

No you’re not missing anything, it’s cringey and out of character for them, even given the party theme of the trilogy. 🤮

• Like 2

It's was a gross misunderstanding of how the band is perceived. I really don't understand why a band with a feminist image would do an video like Oh Love (I get that they may have been intending for it to look ironic. I don't think it worked, but let's give them a benefit of doubt. It still looks like a failure from a marketing point of view though, because it's really doesn't go well with the band's image.), but now I also don't get why an aNtIfAsCiSt thinks it's a good idea to collaborate with a racist. It seems they sometimes do things without regard for how it goes together with their proclaimed politics, or maybe they don't realize that.

My main problem with the Oh Love music video is that I get really frustrated whenever the camera isn't on Billie. Like, I don't want to watch a bunch of almost naked women! I want to look at Billie and the rest of the band! Any time they're on screen is time that's taken away from the real eye candy.

I mean, fuck! Just look at this!

IskfsM8.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Thanks to Billie's appearance in the video there's a chance for some male objectification to balance things out a bit at least :P 

• Like 2

Oh Love is their worst video. It's a shame because I like the general aesthetic of it but the content is an embarrassment. I definitely blame Sam Bayer though, considering he supposedly came out of retirement for it :P 

Had a gig with my band yesterday and had to pee urgent after 30 minutes in result of a few beers. My first thought about what Billie would do if he was at the same situation. I still wonder if he stopps drinking 3 hours before a show to avoid peeing later.  😖😵

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, fan-since-1995 said:

Had a gig with my band yesterday and had to pee urgent after 30 minutes in result of a few beers. My first thought about what Billie would do if he was at the same situation. I still wonder if he stopps drinking 3 hours before a show to avoid peeing later.  😖😵

You don't want to know

• Haha 4

I'm not like him. I wash my hands after peeing.😵 Did you notice the scooter in front of the room? I don't think he doesn't drink water before a show. He would dehydrate.

9 minutes ago, fan-since-1995 said:

I'm not like him. I wash my hands after peeing.😵 Did you notice the scooter in front of the room? I don't think he doesn't drink water before a show. He would dehydrate.

That's good, don't be like Billie and keep washing your hands :lol: I didn't notice. Too disgusted with his hygiene habits to care about anything else lol

• Haha 2

Yep, Glasgow, I think it was June 2010 21CBD tour, laid blue on the stage and dashed off, he wasn’t gone long 😂😂

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, fan-since-1995 said:

Did he ever left the crowd for peeing? I did yesterday. Couldn't hold it any longer. 😳

How do we know what he does when he's out of sight? He may as well be peeing into a bucket and then shake hands with you

• Haha 4

Also let's not forget billie's comments on preferring the uncensored version of the video more. Total cringe. The whole trilogy was a mess. Billie had lost his mind. The rest of the band kept pushing since they wanted the music out. Thought they would go on this album circle and then deal with life. But of course that didn't work and thank god Billie is good now. Wasn't there an interview Billie was obviously super drunk and flirting with the girl interviewing them? They were all on a couch. 

Edit: Found it. Man thats creepy

4 minutes ago, petros said:

Also let's not forget billie's comments on preferring the uncensored version of the video more. Total cringe. The whole trilogy was a mess. Billie had lost his mind. The rest of the band kept pushing since they wanted the music out. Thought they would go on this album circle and then deal with life. But of course that didn't work and thank god Billie is good now. Wasn't there an interview Billie was obviously super drunk and flirting with the girl interviewing them? They were all on a couch. 

Edit: Found it. Man thats creepy

I don't blame Billie because he likely wasn't able to make a best judgement, but what seems weird to me is that how the fuck wasn't anyone else able to see the album wasn't heading towards a shitshow. It's almost like the rest of the band, Rob Cavallo or anyone else who worked on it were as unable of self-reflection as him.

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic