Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Just been watching the TV quiz show The Chase and there was a GD question: Billie Joe Armstrong is the lead singer of which band? The contestants got it right.

• Like 4

Every song Billie writes must have its importance to him, maybe not always appreciable by whether they put it on GD or on a side project. I love The Longshot and it's hard to compare it to Green Day stuff, it's different. Although I listen more often to LIFL than some GD albums (notably because I find more joyful so it's easier to listen, in that way), most of my fave songs lie in GD. The Longshot may be missed by casual GD fans, but even among the GD songs, some of them could mean a lot to Billie and still not be very popular, so... It's still good that whatever he puts out, he'll always have people listening to it and play in places accordingly to that, such as clubs for The Longshot that has a smaller audience, since it allows him to alternate clubs and arenas, and get his share of it whatever the amount of fans into it.

• Like 1

So a 2019 album is looking very unlikely.   Gosh I hope it's not 2021 or 2022.   

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

So a 2019 album is looking very unlikely.   Gosh I hope it's not 2021 or 2022.   

Why do you say it’s unlikely? All signs actually point to a fall release being on track.

• Like 2

Has a band covered Revolution Radio? I was at the grocery store last night and I hear a solo playing in like I recognize this song what is it? Then the chorus comes on and it’s Green Day’s Revolution Radio but it’s not Green Day’s version 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

Has a band covered Revolution Radio? I was at the grocery store last night and I hear a solo playing in like I recognize this song what is it? Then the chorus comes on and it’s Green Day’s Revolution Radio but it’s not Green Day’s version 

Was it this?

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Was it this?

May have been 

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Was it this?

Oh wow, I knew Nate is a GD fan, but I didn't know he actually covered any of their songs.

It may be that he doesn’t notice but to fair when performing it’s not his job to notice. They have crew guys to do things like move the mics and pick stuff up off the floor so they don’t have to worry about it so he’s probably used to not paying attention and just focusing on performing the song.

• Like 2

None of these includes me :cry:

The Woodstock Live cover is really awesome and I wonder if Billie's going to do more art.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crazy line up changes continued.  

In 2037, Green Day will decide that their live band is just as important as the trio.  Past members are just as important as current.  So Green Day become a 21 piece rock band, even bringing back brief players such as Sean and Raj.  

They make these massive, musically perfect albums and everyone loves it.  How can they top this?  

MORE BAND MEMBERS!!! 

The Foxboro Hot Tubs and The Network are brought in to become one with the Green Day Company, which means Kevin Preston, Reto, Chris Dugan and John Roeker are now members.  

25 members.  HOLY COW.  

Then Aaron, Bill and Mike from PHGP join.   28 members!  

Then Jeff and David from the Longshot joing.   30 members!

Then Joey Armstrong joins.   31 members! 

then dave Henwood joins.   32 members! 

Then Timmy, Garth, Kurt, Mike, Ronnie and Bobby all join (I forgot them being touring members earlier).   38 members.

Norah Jones and the four piece from foreverly join, putting Green Day at a solid 43 members.  

The Armstrong family band joins, giving Green Day a nice 46-person line up.   

The four guy NOT already listed from SWMMERS joins, making Green Day hit 50 members.  

The five guys from the Shrives join as well.   55 piece Green Day, you're welcome! 

Billie Joe has officially recruited everyone who's ever been involved with the band in any capacity, musically.  Now Green Day can work on ALBUM 20.  

It will be the most insane recording ever recorded.    It will come out in 2043 and pretty much put an end to the music industry.  No one will want to make an album after hearing it.   

• Haha 2

I'll just re-quote jengd 😂😂

23 hours ago, jengd said:

No, just no.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 members?! That's not a band that's an orchestra.

And.... no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DadBod said:

32 members?! That's not a band that's an orchestra.

And.... no.

That's why they didn't stop there.  55 members.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

55 members and none of them is me. UNACCEPTABLE

You'll get to play to the cowbell. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

55 members and none of them is me. UNACCEPTABLE

What can you contribute to Green Day?  Vocals, instruments?  

Oh yeah, that reminds me....in 2044, the band will scale down to myself, Billie, Mike, Tre and Jason White.  

• Haha 1

Hey @That Dude did you see my pm suggesting you give Slaves a listen?  I think you need something to occupy you  and stop making mischief 😀😀😉

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic