Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

23 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

but if he wasn't drunk he would certainly not have reacted in the same way as he did.

As I said it's hard to make comparisons because we didn't see him sober in the same situation.

Honestly, Billie or not. If a stranger sits nearly on my lab as an interviewer I would feel uncomfortable and from the body language of the interviewer you can see she does (it's my personal opinion).

He passed the comfort zone as he did on stage several times when he was not sober.

Later he said that he's sorry for those kind of situations and that it was also not a fair behavior towards his wife.

I grew up with an alcoholic father and know how the breath smells if someone drank too much alcohol. It's really ugly. And I also know the typical reactions like people who are drunk getting really angry real fast or come really close to you .

I personally hate it and like Billie more in a clean and normal way.

You might notice that he doesn't get so close during the last years like he did during 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 when he invited fans on stage.

I don't understand what's your point - he was drunk and acted like an idiot, but that can be expected from a drunk person. 

My point is that nobody of us can make comparisons because we didn't see him sober in the same situation and he's not the kind of guy who yells at people when he's drunk.

My father got really angry at us when he was drank and honestly I can't imagine Billie like this and being pissed at people, yelling at them or giving loved ones/other people a smack (wheather they are family, friends or fans)

He's more like the guy that comes closer and has a near distance problem and wants to cuddle then.

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

t's years since I watched it but I don't remember him harassing her in any way, he was just drunk and acted like it.

Nobody said he harrassed her. He was just really close and had a near distance problem. 

@The Bellie This is just an impression I have from the trilogy promotion and later interviews, so who knows, but I would say they were doing lots of promotion for the trilogy that seemed very out of character for them, it seemed forced and I was surprised they agreed to do it. They changed their booking agent afterwards. So huh, I'm rambling but the point is they probably realized agreeing to play the festival and other stuff they did was a mistake, which probably didn't help the mood at the event.

My guess is the festival wouldn't let them play much overtime, because the entire show was a nightmare. I guess the iheart people were relieved the band left willingly :P

11 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

My point is that nobody of us can make comparisons because we didn't see him sober in the same situation and he's not the kind of guy who yells at people when he's drunk.

He's more like the guy that comes closer and has a near distance problem.

Are you suggesting he would perhaps have acted angrily even if he wasn't drunk, since being drunk doesn't usually make him a person who yells for nothing, so there it wasn't the fact he was drunk that made him angry like he was? In that way, I think I see what you mean, but you're also making a comparison of some sort, and it's harmless as long as we know that these are only suggestions we make, since as you say we don't know what he would have done. Does Billie himself even know what he would've done? I think that beyond getting angry like he did, drinking does make you less caring, less fearful, and more easily triggered. That being said you don't necessarily need to drink to get angry or aggressive, depending on the situation, but it helps. I personally doubt that he would have being enraged like he was, without having drunk. Making the comparison with Justin Bieber and all that stuff :P

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

@The Bellie This is just an impression I have from the trilogy promotion and later interviews, so who knows, but I would say they were doing lots of promotion for the trilogy that seemed very out of character for them, it seemed forced and I was surprised they agreed to do it. They changed their booking agent afterwards. So huh, I'm rambling but the point is they probably realized agreeing to play the festival and other stuff they did was a mistake, which probably didn't help the mood at the event.

My guess is the festival wouldn't let them play much overtime, because the entire show was a nightmare. I guess the iheart people were relieved the band left willingly :P

Yeah, it didn't help the mood as you say, he was probably stressed out before beginning, and went for drinking because it was his way to deal with it. Drinking put aside, that event was definitely not the most adapted place for them, but even with them accepting to play, as Billie said later, he should've just seen it like a TV show and not a gig, play a few songs and move on. But he's the kind that wants to perfect everything he does and he must've put too much unnecessary pressure on himself before that event. With all the pressure he put on himself throughout the whole trilogy promotion, he probably wasn't rested enough to think clearly and not give this event more importance than it really had. I didn't know they changed their booking agent afterwards, but glad they did!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Billie himself that this particular very over the top angry reaction and other over the top behaviour was due to being drunk. So there's not really an argument to be had.

It is. It doesn't mean he wouldn't have reacted not angry if he was sober.  

And Billie said much in the past. He also hated Steve Jobs and uses an iphone and said really bad stuff about trump and other republicans and worked with morrissey. 😉

And I'm sure it wasn't just the freak out on stage that leaded him to go to rehab.

There was more we don't know about, but I won't start speculations here.

However I'm convinced that he wouldn't be that kind of parent that would beat his child/or hurt family members. That's what I wanted to say, because there are  parents outside that are really violent towards kids when they are drunk.

4 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Are you suggesting he would perhaps have acted angrily even if he wasn't drunk, since being drunk doesn't usually make him a person who yells for nothing, so there it wasn't the fact he was drunk that made him angry like he was?

Yes, maybe not in the way he did, but he still would have been pissed.

I mean, come on folks: If you were a musician, playing on stage and there is a sign saying one minute. Who wouldn't have been pissed?

Maybe he wouldn't said the Justin Bieber stuff, but he wouldn't have liked it.

17 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

As I said it's hard to make comparisons because we didn't see him sober in the same situation.

Honestly, Billie or not. If a stranger sits nearly on my lab as an interviewer I would feel uncomfortable and from the body language of the interviewer you can see she does (it's my personal opinion).

He passed the comfort zone as he did on stage several times when he was not sober.

Later he said that he's sorry for those kind of situations and that it was also not a fair behavior towards his wife.

I grew up with an alcoholic father and know how the breath smells if someone drank too much alcohol. It's really ugly. And I also know the typical reactions like people who are drunk getting really angry real fast or come really close to you .

I personally hate it and like Billie more in a clean and normal way.

You might notice that he doesn't get so close during the last years like he did during 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 when he invited fans on stage.

My father got really angry at us when he was drank and honestly I can't imagine Billie like this and being pissed at people, yelling at them or giving loved ones/other people a smack (wheather they are family, friends or fans)

He's more like the guy that comes closer and has a near distance problem and wants to cuddle then.

Nobody said he harrassed her. He was just really close and had a near distance problem. 

Yes, of course it's an uncomfortable situation. Personally, I don't like dealing with drunk people at all. Everyone gets dumb and annoying after too much devil's juice. :lol: Ofc it's possible to have fun with it, but it often has this property.

We can't know if this was an one off occurrence, he's acted angrily in public before, but that doesn't necessarily mean he had other fits of rage. I think the bottom line is that he quit and as he said he's a reformed dick now. I feel like it's not our place to be bothered about this - we never met him, there's no harm he could have caused us and what happened in his life is between him and people irl.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

It is. It doesn't mean he wouldn't have reacted not angry if he was sober.  

And Billie said much in the past. He also hated Steve Jobs and uses an iphone and said really bad stuff about trump and other republicans and worked with morrissey. 😉

And I'm sure it wasn't just the freak out on stage that leaded him to go to rehab.

There was more we don't know about, but I won't start speculations here.

However I'm convinced that he wouldn't be that kind of parent that would beat his child/or hurt family members. That's what I wanted to say, because there are  parents outside that are really violent towards kids when they are drunk.

Yes, maybe not in the way he did, but he still would have been pissed.

I mean, come on folks: If you were a musician, playing on stage and there is a sign saying one minute. Who wouldn't have been pissed?

Yes, of course he could be annoyed about a one minute sign etc while sober. In this particular case being drunk affected his behaviour though. Have you watched the whole show? Read Billie's comments about it? It's confirmed that being drunk made him act differently.

And yeah he went to rehab because he had an alcohol/addiction problem. No one is saying it was only because of the show, just that (as Billie has said) it was the show that made him realise he needed to get help with the problem.

I don't really know what the argument is here, nobody thinks he was a violent drunk, nobody thinks the only reason he'd ever be angry is drinking, and nobody thinks the only reason he went to rehab was that show.

6 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

I don't see him either hitting any of his family members even drunk. And it's true that not all drunk people do that. I also agree with what you said a few posts earlier, a little change in his behavior towards fans he invites on stage throughout the years, and I said myself somewhere on the forum that I prefer how he behaves with fans now. It seems much more natural, free and conscious on his part.

6 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Yeah, I think we all agree with this so far. Like @Hermione I don't know what the argument here is either, despite all I have laid down :lol:

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

reformed dick

That sounds like a cool username

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

nobody thinks he was a violent drunk, nobody thinks the only reason he'd ever be angry is drinking, and nobody thinks the only reason he went to rehab was that show.

No, that's what nobody said, but I  just wanted to say that he's not.

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Everyone gets dumb and annoying after too much devil's juice. 

Yes, and it's interesting how big the differences are. Some people start crying, others get into comfort zones and others get violent.

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

what happened in his life is between him and people irl.

Well, sometimes it was a bit heavy when he kissed young girls on the mouth/lying on the ground real close  and his wife is watching in the backround, but as long as everybody is fine with it. If I was Adrienne, I would have been pissed, but it's not my issue, so.

• Haha 1

Just now, Savannah89 said:

No, that's what nobody said, but I  just wanted to say that he's not.

Fair enough! Well we all agree :lol: 

3 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

I prefer how he behaves with fans now

Me too, but I once met a young fan that said: "I'm pissed because since Billie's not drunk anymore, he doesn't kiss girls on stage."

😜

• Haha 1

Just now, Savannah89 said:

Well, sometimes it was a bit heavy when he kissed young girls on the mouth/lying on the ground real close  and his wife is watching in the backround, but as long as everybody is fine with it. Why not?

I don't think there was anything too wrong with that...I mean, I don't know, kissing strangers is obviously a bit sketchy, but then, no one complained so I assume people knew the routine well enough. Probably wouldn't want any unsolicited kisses from most band dudes tho so I know where you're coming from. But then, they were kisses, it's not like he made out with them. So idk...it's just not metoo worthy for me.

5 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Me too, but I once met a young fan that said: "I'm pissed because since Billie's not drunk anymore, he doesn't kiss girls on stage."

😜

And he also doesn't whip it out, boring person he turned into :P

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

😜

He does if asked nicely

I personally would get much more satisfaction by earning a kiss from him like that, than knowing I'll get one just because he's drunk :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He does, but it's totally different from 2010 or 2012.

He keeps a bigger distance.

I would never have the nerves to ask him for a kiss. Better a hug.

And I noticed that he prefers to kiss on cheeks. In the video with Mikey he kissed the baby on the cheek.

And I've seen videos with fans where he did.

I still wonder what a hug with him feels like.

It seems to me that he's one of the really touchy, feely people.  It's just natural for him to touch people but in this day and age he probably has learnt to keep it under control, it was a little wild at times in the past but I don't see many complaints ☺️.  He's always been very careful when he interacts with children, both for them and himself which is right, he needs to be, and I think you can often see him take his cue from the reaction of the fan, particularly when they are taken up on stage.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DadBod said:

My god this thread got uncomfortable REAL fast

Yes, wit your comments, that's true.

37 minutes ago, DadBod said:

Fans kissed him on the lips... it’s not a new thing. Find a new hobby to obsess over. 

Since when are you a gd fan? 2015? Nobody complained that he kissed. If you are a fan earlier than 2005 you will realize that his behavior considering fans on stage changed a bit after 2012.

No need to be rude. Watch your language and behave like an adult.

21 minutes ago, jengd said:

It seems to me that he's one of the really touchy, feely people.  It's just natural for him to touch people but in this day and age he probably has learnt to keep it under control, it was a little wild at times in the past but I don't see many complaints ☺️.  He's always been very careful when he interacts with children, both for them and himself which is right, he needs to be, and I think you can often see him take his cue from the reaction of the fan, particularly when they are taken up on stage.  

Totally agree.

As I said. If nobody complains it's no problem. But in one interview he said himself that he overacted a bit. So he rflected on it.

31 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Might've been some more full on drunk kissing going on at FBHT shows in the past but that was a rare event anyway :P 

There was a show with the foxies where he puked on stage

15 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

There was a show with the foxies where he puked on stage

To be fair, is there anything he hasn't done on stage?

17 minutes ago, Savannah89 said:

Since when are you a gd fan? 2015? Nobody complained that he kissed. If you are a fan earlier than 2005 you will realize that his behavior considering fans on stage changed a bit after 2012.

Yeah, but it's natural that things change. It's not like his behavior was inappropriate to begin with. Basically he just dropped the Are We The Waiting routine, not exactly sure when, but I don't remember him doing it in trilogy era, either in 2012 or 2013.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

o be fair, is there anything he hasn't done on stage?

Yes, he never raped or killed somebody, threw  bananas (I mean real ones) or was flying in the air like other artists did, if this answers your question. 🍌:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Basically he just dropped the Are We The Waiting routine, not exactly sure when, but I don't remember him doing it in trilogy era, either in 2012 or 2013.

It was after 2012 and after his drinking behavior changed. He seemed more normal and had a bigger distance. Not distance, he was just more careful.

This still warms my heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Liam unpinned this topic