Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I was shuffling all the GD songs I have on my IPod earlier, but I was playing a game where I'd skip the song as soon as I'd guessed what it was. It quickly became quite funny just how many songs GD have where Billie either sings the title of the song literally as soon as the song starts (Say Goodbye and She's a Rebel are the funniest examples) or within the 1st line (i.e. Minority, KYE, and many more)! 

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

him secretly eating a sandwich (as he was reported to have been spotted doing at a show on the Rev Rad tour) :lol:

Sorry if this was asked before, but is there a vid of that? I'm dying to see him carelessly eating a sandwich on stage :lol:

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

I was shuffling all the GD songs I have on my IPod earlier, but I was playing a game where I'd skip the song as soon as I'd guessed what it was. It quickly became quite funny just how many songs GD have where Billie either sings the title of the song literally as soon as the song starts (Say Goodbye and She's a Rebel are the funniest examples) or within the 1st line (i.e. Minority, KYE, and many more)! 

whereas in some songs, he simply never says the title :P especially the more early ones, when you think of it! One for the razorbacks, Having a blast, Basket case, Pulling Teeth, Armatage shanks, there must be several others! While in RevRad for instance, the only song where he never spells the title as such is Forever Now!

• Like 3

Just now, The Bellie said:

Sorry if this was asked before, but is there a vid of that? I'm dying to see him carelessly eating a sandwich on stage :lol:

There's not a video that I know of and what's worse - he did it at my show but his sandwich time took place at the other side of the stage than where I stood so I didn't see it and was just wondering where the hell did he go :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

There's not a video that I know of and what's worse - he did it at my show but his sandwich time took place at the other side of the stage than where I stood so I didn't see it and was just wondering where the hell did he go :lol:

Do you remember during which time of the show he did that? And were the other GD guys continuing to play background music to make the audience wait while he was eating? :lol: Seriously I'm dead laughing just to imagine it

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

There was no video of it or anything, I just remember someone posting that they'd seen him doing it :lol:. I think he was behind some monitors or something, on the stage but out of sight.

Edit: Just saw your reply @Beerjeezus, didn't realise sandwich time was a regular thing :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Hermione said:

behind some monitors

:lol: the picture that comes to my head doesn't help me to stop laughing

48 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Do you remember during which time of the show he did that? And were the other GD guys continuing to play background music to make the audience wait while he was eating? :lol: Seriously I'm dead laughing just to imagine it

It was in Budapest right before Knowledge and Tré was doing some solo-ish kinda thing, I thought it was an unusually long break between songs but it seemed like an instrumental interlude strangely without Billie, but it wasn't otherwise suspicious :P

46 minutes ago, Hermione said:

There was no video of it or anything, I just remember someone posting that they'd seen him doing it :lol:. I think he was behind some monitors or something, on the stage but out of sight.

Edit: Just saw your reply @Beerjeezus, didn't realise sandwich time was a regular thing :lol: 

I don't think it was a regular thing :lol: - if I remember correctly the person who saw him said they went to the same show as I did.

• Like 3

I just was wondering how many steps Billie would have after a concert when he would use a step counter?

They could make a contest. 

I bet it would be more than 20 000 steps. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, The Bellie said:

Sorry if this was asked before, but is there a vid of that? I'm dying to see him carelessly eating a sandwich on stage

I wonder how he managed to survive the show without puking. 

Eating and making sport isn't quite the best idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Savannah89 said:

I just was wondering how many steps Billie would have after a concert when he would use a step counter?

They could make a contest. 

Ha, I have often wondered that.  I know that a few years ago they started measuring how far tennis players run during a match and it’s amazing how it varies, and I don’t just mean due to the duration of the match, sorry long winded reply 🤪 but I agree, and what quantity he sweats or is that too much! 😁

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, Savannah89 said:

Each time Billie is in the air jumping, it counts for 3 steps (or 5?) :lol:

Seriously though, I don't really want him to use a step counter, because every tool that you use to watch over an activity that you would do lightly otherwise, tends to make you self-conscious and spoil the joy a bit (especially if he's the kind of person to worry a bit, like he says). Ultimately, if he uses one, I hope it's not the case for him and that he stays light about it, the same way we can speak of it from outside.

My dad goes to the yellow vests demonstrations (which I don't care about, in the best case) and he always brags about his step counter (which I care even less about). 20,000 steps here! 20,000 steps there! I'm like: yeah right. Well I'm perfectly fine in bed while you do your weekly sport with your YV friends :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm playing Animal Crossing with my mum and my fiancee and one of the villagers said "wild one" so naturally I was like

tumblr_inline_pq22y1CTk81qh775n_1280.jpg

Another villager said it today but I was too busy hammering the B button to get a photo and I'm disappointed :lol: 

• Like 4

On 4/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, RedundantIdiot said:

Lol, I do this but with live versions of songs - but instead of the song, I'm guessing what concert it was :lol: i remember a gameshow where a Take That superfan said she could guess songs by them in less than one second, so they tested her and she failed (I think), but I always thought that I could probably do that with Green Day 😛 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 4:43 AM, RedundantIdiot said:

I've done something similar, except for me, it's when I realize I accidentally have it on alphabetical instead of shuffle and I try to guess the next song (my apologies to WMUWSE and Walk Away for forgetting about you).

On 4/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, RedundantIdiot said:

If you like doing that you might enjoy this quiz!

https://www.sporcle.com/games/hcd199/green-day-100-songs

I love doing Green Day quizzes on Sporcle haha

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, Beerjeezus said:

It was in Budapest right before Knowledge and Tré was doing some solo-ish kinda thing, I thought it was an unusually long break between songs but it seemed like an instrumental interlude strangely without Billie, but it wasn't otherwise suspicious :P

I don't think it was a regular thing :lol: - if I remember correctly the person who saw him said they went to the same show as I did.

He ate a sandwich?? :lol: Now I have such a funny image of this in my head, why did I not know that :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Marki. said:

He ate a sandwich?? :lol: Now I have such a funny image of this in my head, why did I not know that :lol:

:lol: I didn't know either until someone showed up here with the story - it's such a shame we missed it :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

I miss Green Day - I'm ready for a new album to spice up the forum and to take away the springtime blues. =/

Me too. I've actually been thinking lately, the songs 2000 Light Years Away, Scattered, and Missing You can definitely describe how GD fans feel when Green Day is not on tour.

But at the same time, I don't want the new album to come out too fast. The sooner the album, the sooner the tour. And I'm not ready for the tour just yet, I need to save up money. I'm hoping to be able to take time off work to travel the USA and go to all the GD shows there, and the later the tour, the more money I'll have to do that. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There’s also something to be said for this anticipation time that I like, full of endless possibilities and nothing but good vibes. Once the music is heard then the nitpicking and complaints begin and it kills the joy. 

Especially if the album isn't well received. I'm reading a lot online now about how Warning was a really important/influential/great/etc album even though back in the early 2000s it was not well received. 

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic