Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

10 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

This was too much math to process :ga:

Me in high school, me now, me forever. :lol:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

I'm gonna say no due to paranoia of the instances last time, but you never know!

I'm pretty sure something like that wouldn't happen again, festivals are so much more controlled and sanitised now and also Green Day's on stage behaviour is different. It would probably be a cool nostalgia thing. Maybe not living up to the epicness of last time would be a concern though.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Disappearing-Shawn said:

Anyone think they might be asked to play Woodstock 50th in Watkins Glen? 

I think they might be asked, but I also think they'd say no.

• Like 1

I did wonder but remember Billie's quote "Woodstock was about the closest thing to anarchy I've ever seen in my whole life and I didn't like it"!

• Like 1

I'd hope that they would do it. 94 was a pretty big event, I know a couple people who went and some who wish they went! I read there was about as many people or more than the original Woodstock! I'm just hoping tickets aren't too expensive.

Tre's version of Chocolate Rain came on the playlist this morning. I hadn't heard that thing in years and couldn't stop laughing at the lyrics like "Orlando Bloom was good in that one movie" and "there's no parking spaces on Grand Street"! :lol:

If anyone would like to refresh their memories of this one here's a link:

http://www.lyrics-24.com/lyrics,tre-cool-chocolate-rain.html

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Tre's version of Chocolate Rain came on the playlist this morning. I hadn't heard that thing in years and couldn't stop laughing at the lyrics like "Orlando Bloom was good in that one movie" and "there's no parking spaces on Grand Street"! :lol:

If anyone would like to refresh their memories of this one here's a link:

http://www.lyrics-24.com/lyrics,tre-cool-chocolate-rain.html

And there's the bit where he started reading off a bit of the lyrics of (what we now know is) 21st Century Breakdown 2 years before it came out, "these scars on my..." and then realises and goes "I'm reading the wrong song" :D 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

And there's the bit where he started reading off a bit of the lyrics of (what we now know is) 21st Century Breakdown 2 years before it came out, "these scars on my..." and then realises and goes "I'm reading the wrong song" :D 

Or the "You're doing it F***ing wrong!" which is from the Foxboro Hot Tubs album!  

Chocolate Rain is oddly enough one of my favorite Green Day songs, haha.  Mr. Tre Cool needs to sing on the new album.  I'm about to start listening to The Lookouts just to hear him singing.  

• Haha 1

I've had Peacemaker and Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) on repeat 24/7 for the past week. Can't believe I've pretty much overlooked those songs for all these years!  

My dudes, I just got a Dutch Bros rebel (blended energy drink with assorted flavors added to it, Dutch Bros is a popular coffee chain in the Pacific Northwest of the United States) and it made me think of what if we started a Green Day themed coffee shop?! Each drink would be named after a song or something. Super random! But it would be awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nightlife said:

I've had Peacemaker and Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) on repeat 24/7 for the past week. Can't believe I've pretty much overlooked those songs for all these years!  

Yeah, due to the less "heavy" guitar riffs, i.e. not with the kind of post AI standard Green Day distortion like on other tracks, I always thought they were a bit soft and boring at first. But when I listened to the HDTracks version of 21CB, which has the greater dynamic range, these songs suddenly came to life for me. The riffs suddenly sounded so vibrant and I love with Viva La Gloria (Little Girl) especially how the song gradually grows in intensity and strength. The greater dynamic range suddenly reveals the many different levels on which this song is constructed (also track wise). There's a ton of instrumentation going on. One of the shortfalls of 21CB in my opinion, was that it took the formula of AI , but tried to be even more ambitious. That however, is when the production let it down big time. The way it was mastered meant that some of the many tracks were simply drowned out and everything became a uniform "sludge". 

So, I would recommend everyone to get the HDTracks version of 21CB (and of AI if you don't have the 2009 vinyl), it really makes some songs you may have previously overlooked come to life!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

My dudes, I just got a Dutch Bros rebel (blended energy drink with assorted flavors added to it, Dutch Bros is a popular coffee chain in the Pacific Northwest of the United States) and it made me think of what if we started a Green Day themed coffee shop?! Each drink would be named after a song or something. Super random! But it would be awesome. 

Dutch Bros? I've never heard of it. You say it's popular in the PNW? Maybe there isn't one in Washington.

Edit: Just looked it up and there's one in Renton, Tacoma, and Everett. I haven't been to one because I never go very much farther south or north if I can help it. Most of my friends live in Everett, though. Maybe they've been to it. I will go try it next time I hang out in Everett! :D

That's an awesome idea, btw! ❤️ I feel like I've thought about something similar before too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

If I ever open a growshop, I'm definitely naming it Green Day. It's a wasted opportunity no one has done it yet. :lol:

I like the coffee shop idea too. I love coffee so that would be cool. Best thing about it would be that most people wouldn't even realize they're in a band themed place if the references used aren't too obvious :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I must have listened to this song thousands of times but I never knew there was an "ah ah ah" after the first verse or a "bum bum bum" before "sister of grace" until I heard the acapella version. Enjoy :mellow:

By the way, isn't Billie's voice just amazing?

I knew the bum bum bums existed but thought they were made by an instrument, not a human voice :lol: There's something really personal about acapellas, very intimate - you can hear everything. Love the harmonies!

• Like 3

On 2/4/2019 at 4:45 AM, Billie Hoe said:

We're talking about coffee shops right :lol: 

I dunno, are we? :lol:

On 2/3/2019 at 10:12 PM, Green Day In Seattle said:

Dutch Bros? I've never heard of it. You say it's popular in the PNW? Maybe there isn't one in Washington.

Edit: Just looked it up and there's one in Renton, Tacoma, and Everett. I haven't been to one because I never go very much farther south or north if I can help it. Most of my friends live in Everett, though. Maybe they've been to it. I will go try it next time I hang out in Everett! :D

That's an awesome idea, btw! ❤️ I feel like I've thought about something similar before too.

You ever go to Dutch Bros get a blended Fire Lizard Rebel. SHIT IS ORGASMIC. :lol:

• Thanks 1

So there's a coffee company called "death wish coffee" that sells highly caffeinated coffee, and Bones coffee has one too called "high voltage". Oakland Coffee should totally do one next year for the 25th anniversary of insomniac!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Maddie86 said:

So there's a coffee company called "death wish coffee" that sells highly caffeinated coffee, and Bones coffee has one too called "high voltage". Oakland Coffee should totally do one next year for the 25th anniversary of insomniac!

I WOULD BUY 85 BAGS OF THIS

• Like 2

Man, I wish I could drink coffee. It makes me sick. Used to be able to drink it, but not any more. I was never super attached to the taste of it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Liam unpinned this topic