Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

From the first time I heard the line in Little Boy Named Train, where Billie sings "funny people seem so serious", I thought of Buster Keaton, because I once read he was forbidden to smile or laugh by his dad, and built his humorous character by still preventing himself to smile or laugh. Serious way of being funny. Now I can't think of someone or something else when hearing that line :P

• Like 1

It’s 2019 so Laurie L is going to be released from prison this year 

I have on good authority that she’s no longer a Green Day fan thinks they sold out and is planning to write a tell all book about them 

• Like 3

i just watched ordanary world and the entire time i was like, " where is adrienne in all this?" 

billie looks so mature tho😍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

It’s 2019 so Laurie L is going to be released from prison this year 

I have on good authority that she’s no longer a Green Day fan thinks they sold out and is planning to write a tell all book about them 

And we'd all buy the shit out of it

• Haha 1

Today is the 14th anniversary of my first Green Day show. It's over half my life ago for the first time. It's a weird feeling because it's not an exaggeration to say that show changed my life in the long run. 

• Like 3

I think it's time to pull out the old "Wait between Green Day albums" file.  It feels like an eternity already.  And I'm listening to bands that are nowhere near their caliber.  Sure Avenged Sevenfold is pretty good, but they are #102 on my list versus Green Day at NUMERO UNO.   

Let's see.....oh gosh.  

The longest wait between albums was 4 years, 7 months and 24 days.  That puts us at May 31st, 2021 (NOOOOOO!!!!!!)  

We're well past the super short gap between trilogy albums at this point, be it the shortened ones or the original as well, but I'd take an average wait time, which would give us the new album 2 years and 205 days after Revolution Radio......  April 30th, 2019!!!!!! 

If that were true, yippy!  Seems too good to be though.  Maybe right between the longest and the average?

January 7th, 2020.   UGH.  

But that's all just stupid fanboy math.  How about.....

we start hearing rumblings towards the end of this year, November/December.  Then 2020 kicks off with a surge of Green Day activity (secret shows, a new single and video) and then a short but troubling silence.....

BAM.  out of nowhere the new album drops online and in store, while at the same time Green Day releases the greatest single of their career to get things heated up.    Same day, they announce a massive world tour.  On that same day, they keep popping up doing secret shows every day leading up to the tour!  People are a bit taken back by the strange new setlist (almost equal parts new album and American Idiot) but it works and the tour is their biggest yet.   

They release 5 singles like they know they're supposed to and Green Day, The Offspring and Weezer make kids like their style of rock again and world peace is achieved.  

Oh, speaking of dominated the world.....Green Day invite Imagine Dragons for a colabo, and it DOESN'T SUCK.   The perfect cross over, giving Green Day an edge with the younger audience and still staying true to their rock sensibility.  Heck, it may even help the Dragons fellows make more rock sounding rock :)

This is a weird scenario.  I like it.  Billie Joe, thoughts?   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeJennsitized said:

I love the fact that GD lyrics can be misheard to basically suggest Mike's a slut :lol: 

Nothing misheard here, this is his best buddy changing the lyrics to be about him, I love it.  Poor Tre, he must be due a couple of insults 😂😂

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

Nothing misheard here, this is his best buddy changing the lyrics to be about him, I love it.  Poor Tre, he must be due a couple of insults 😂😂

I’m sure I heard “so gimme mike dirnt” before Billie changed the lyrics 😛 but there must be more where that came from :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disappearing-Shawn said:

Anyone think they might be asked to play Woodstock 50th in Watkins Glen? 

Considering I live 45 minutes from Watkins Glen, I sure as hell hope so.

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic