Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Just now, squashie09 said:

I sense a new screen name for someone to use...

& try to included some kind of anal bleaching.....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

Well... I wasn’t thinking that :confused:

3 hours ago, The Insider said:

I'd say its the chin but I find myself wishing that BJ's name was Billie Joe Buttruff.

3 hours ago, squashie09 said:

I sense a new screen name for someone to use...

3 hours ago, The Insider said:

There's a Longshit joke in all of this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you just look at the hair, eyebrows and eyes there's a slight similarity, any further down not so much. It's mostly just the hairstyle that would make someone think of that era Billie I think.

Even though, taken separately, some face elements could be more or less comparable, their faces as a whole are different, this guy's traits don't remind me of Billie's at all

20 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'll never forget hearing Billie sing "Still Breathing". It was so clear and I remember thinking that no one in Europe had heard that live yet. I felt so lucky. It was incredible. They kept stopping and starting "Forever Now" too

OMG it must've been so great!! :wub:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Montclare said:

There's a Longshit joke in all of this...

I didn't pick the Longshit for my username last time because coming up with  the profile pic was doing my head in🤮🤢

• Haha 2

Just now, The Insider said:

I didn't pick the Longshit for my username last time because coming up with  the profile pic was doing my head in🤮🤢

Just imagining that and considering changing my profile now :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Insider said:

I'm still wounded that you didn't. :(

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

So, not sure if anyone knew, but I'm a teacher. At the back of my classroom I have a load of quotes and you guessed it, many are green day lyrics. 

I want to expand this quote wall as some furniture has moved so I have more space. The ones I've already got are:

Carpe diem - seize the day

What good is love and peace in earth if it's exclusive 

I don't have much but what I have is more than enough 

What part of history we've learned when it's repeated 

What would you wish if you saw a shooting star 

Talk is cheap and lies are expensive 

Do you want to live out loud

I am after more ideas along a similar, kinda.. motivational, gently question life, stand up for what you believe in, be a good human.. way

There are other motivational quotes mixed in, the students love that I have Green Day lyrics up and have asked me to get more... Not because they are fans (I'm trying!) but because they love that I'm a fan! 

They are aged 11 to 19, and it needs to be suitable for a classroom. 

Anything you can come up with would be appreciated 

Thanks 😊😊😊😊

This is cool! I’m sure people here can come up with a bunch. One that I’ve always loved is the line from Misery: “It’s not what you make it’s what you leave.” 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

20 days for the Dookie 25th anniversary... doesn't seem that we are going to get a special release

If it’s because they’re looking ahead and working on the next album I’m totally okay with that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If it’s because they’re looking ahead and working on the next album I’m totally okay with that. 

Yeah, but I don't think a special release would change anything the plans for a new album, we could have both 

19 minutes ago, Alf said:

Yeah, but I don't think a special release would change anything the plans for a new album, we could have both 

Maybe they’re leaving that kind of recognition for others to do, like the tribute concert Gilman is doing. They might prefer to be honored by their peers than doing it themselves, especially if they want to focus on new music.  They’re often eager to prove they’re not done.  But a simple rerelease of the album is something Warners can do and wouldn’t take a huge time commitment from the band so I suppose that’s still possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goofygoldfish said:

They are aged 11 to 19, and it needs to be suitable for a classroom. 

So not Platypus? ;)

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Goofygoldfish said:

Nah, I sing that silently in my head for some classes though 😂😂

:lol:

In all seriousness, these are the first ones that pop into my head.  Some aren't necessarily ones you'd see on a motivational poster, but would resonate with a stressed out teen (or anyone stressed out really)-

I'm still breathing on my own

Do you ever build up all the small things in your mind to make one problem that adds up to nothing

When you lost all hope and excuses...you've got to hold on to yourself (not sure if you'd have room for the whole chorus)

A conscientious objector to the war that's in my mind

Marching out of time to my own beat now the only way I know

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Montclare said:

:lol:

In all seriousness, these are the first ones that pop into my head.  Some aren't necessarily ones you'd see on a motivational poster, but would resonate with a stressed out teen (or anyone stressed out really)-

I'm still breathing on my own

Do you ever build up all the small things in your mind to make one problem that adds up to nothing

When you lost all hope and excuses...you've got to hold on to yourself (not sure if you'd have room for the whole chorus)

A conscientious objector to the war that's in my mind

Marching out of time to my own beat now the only way I know

I love these, thank you! 

Especially the conscientious objector... That would really get them thinking!  It's not as obvious as the others, the older ones will appreciate that... The 11 year olds will have to look it up or wait until it makes sense to them! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Goofygoldfish said:

What a cool idea! A few lines from ¡Viva la Gloria! might be nice for encouragement. Don't put away your burning light / Bring us the season that we always will remember / Send out your message of the light that shadows in the night

• Like 2
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

What a cool idea! A few lines from ¡Viva la Gloria! might be nice for encouragement. Don't put away your burning light / Bring us the season that we always will remember / Send out your message of the light that shadows in the night

Oooo, I like these too. Thank you 😊😊😊 never thought of these before! 

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic